Abreu to Yanks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Abreu to Yanks

Was he worth all the money he is getting this year and next year my opinon :shakeno:

Chavez Ravine said:
WRONG

Arod has kept them from winning a WS :rolleyes2

It is hard for me to believe that one of the best players, if not the best player in baseball has prevented the Yankees from winning the world series. Pitching is much more important in the playoffs and the Yankees just have not had as good of a staff the last few years. They brought in the Unit to be their ace but he has declined. Usually the teams with the better pitching staff prevails in the postseason especially in the 5 game division series.

Perfect23 said:
Was he worth all the money he is getting this year and next year my opinon :shakeno:

No one is worth the money they are getting. But who cares. The Yankees have a bottomless pocketbook filled with money. It doesn't matter with them.

Man I feel like MikeO right now defending the Yankees.

Perfect23 said:

He's easily worth the money. He won the Gold Glove last year, has stolen over 30 bases 4 out of the past 5 seasons (and looks to do it again this season), has driven in 100+ runs 4 out of 5 seasons, has 20+ homers 4 out of the past 5 seasons, has scored 100+ runs 4 out of the past 5 seasons, and has an above average arm from rightfield. Add to the that the fact that he's a career .300 hitter and has a career OBP of over .400 and I'd say he's a steal for what we gave up for him and for what we have to pay for him. Plus if he stinks, we didn't have to pick up his 08 option in the deal so we won this deal big time and Yes, I think Abreu is worth the cash. But I know, he's on the decline and is going to break down like Johnny Damon LMAO :sidelol: . If anything Abreu is going to rise from the dead on the Yankees (from the struggles he's had this year which I attribute to all the trade rumors and speculation), just like Lowell did in Boston IMO!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
But I know, he's on the decline and is going to break down like Johnny Damon LMAO :sidelol: .

What do you call Damon being out of the line up at least once a week due to some type of injury whether it's his foot, toe, knee, shoulder, back, etc? The guy hasn't played CF for 5 days in a row this year according to Sweeney Murdy (spelling?). The guy plays balls out every day, runs into walls, dives etc. I'm not taking anything away from him but him being hurt almost daily has to have some cause for concern especially since he's going to be around for 3 more years.

Plus he's probably going to need shoulder surgery after the year. So add that to the list.

Ray Finkle said:
What do you call Damon being out of the line up at least once a week due to some type of injury whether it's his foot, toe, knee, shoulder, back, etc? The guy hasn't played CF for 5 days in a row this year according to Sweeney Murdy (spelling?). The guy plays balls out every day, runs into walls, dives etc. I'm not taking anything away from him but him being hurt almost daily has to have some cause for concern especially since he's going to be around for 3 more years.

Plus he's probably going to need shoulder surgery after the year. So add that to the list.

OK, he's so broken down he carried the Yankees today. :lol:

C'mon man, Johnny may be banged up but let's face it, he's STILL CONTRIBUTING BIG TIME and it not even close to breaking down. He's so banged up that he's third on the team in at bats, has more stolen bases already this season then he did last year (with a broken foot), is going to score 100 runs, and goes all out no matter what (even with the injury's). This is a guy who never wants to be out of the line-up and in half the games he missed this year it was Torre's decision to sit Johnny, not Johnny's. Him being banged up is not breaking down it's the sign of a leader, someone with heart who is willing to go out everyday and risk it for his team (another Jeter). I mean man, you keep talking about 3 years from now but dude, I'm not worried about that, I'm worried about this year. The whole "Johnny wasn't worth the 4th year" is a joke and just a way for Red Sox fans to fool themselves into believing that it wasn't a mistake to let Johnny go. At the end of the day, Coco can't carry Damon's jock and you know it, and won't be able to in his whole career. Damon has appeared in 95 of the Yankees 102 games and so what if he can't play CF 5 games in a row, everyone needs a breather and no one is better at giving guys breathers then Torre. It's just like Torre said "during the season I listen to the trainer, in the playoffs, I listen to the player" as to whether or not a player is fit to play or not. you guys should be worrying about your CF of the future who has missed waaaaaaay more time then Johnny, can't steal bases, and can't hit the ball. But let me guess guys, his defense makes up for everything You talk about Johnny being banged up but after 100+ games, 90 percent of player in baseball are banged up and have pains and aches here and there. That's part of a grueling 162 game season!

well look what do u do with the outfield situation now u gvot sheffield he is gonna come back soon.

Perfect23 said:
well look what do u do with the outfield situation now u gvot sheffield he is gonna come back soon.

DH:shakeno:

djfresh47 said:
It is hard for me to believe that one of the best players, if not the best player in baseball has prevented the Yankees from winning the world series. Pitching is much more important in the playoffs and the Yankees just have not had as good of a staff the last few years. They brought in the Unit to be their ace but he has declined. Usually the teams with the better pitching staff prevails in the postseason especially in the 5 game division series.

my comment was a jab at all the crazy yankee fans booing Arod as the anti christ......errrr anti yankee

pitching wins and yankees don't have any

maybe pavano will come back and save the day

Perfect23 said:

If Sheffield comes back this year, someone from this group (Sheffield, Matsui, Abreu) plays DH. And the best part of this trade is next year Sheffield will have a new team to call home :D

Perfect23 said:
Yeah then when matsui comes back what do u do with Cabrera

He will go to the bench. The best players will be out on the field, plain and simple.

culpepper2chambers said:
:lol: what about cabrera? he can ride the bench

Melky is a pretty good player though, I feel bad for him. They should try and deal him for some minor league pitching talent if they can, obviously they wouldnt get a LOT but still

Back
Top Bottom