Abreu to Yanks | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Abreu to Yanks

Yanks looking pretty good now.. Lineup will hit no doubt.. Pitching is patchwork but has been good enough lately.. Cory Liddle is a pretty good 5th starter.. As long as your pitching doesn't break down you have to like your chances.. Anyone scared that your 2nd half era is approaching 5.00?

nyjunc said:
w/ all the injuries this year we still have scored more runs than your team in 1 less game. Now we add another good offensive player so we should get a little better.

Who said the Red Sox were the benchmark of offenses in the league? Surely not me, this isn't the 2003/2004 Red Sox offense. We're a different team and we're winning in different ways than in the past.

nyjunc said:
You still need to score and this helps, we have good enough pitching to win.

Your pitching is good enough to win in October? I'm not so sure.

nyjunc said:
after what Chi did to you last year you should be worried about them.

What does Chicago have to do with the Twins? We saw one lefty starter (Mark Buehrle) from the Chisox in the 2005 divisional series. Great comparison there!

And you think the Yankees could beat the Twinkies in a 5 game playoff series? :sidelol:

If Liriano and Santana keep up their current pace then goodluck. I don't think anyone in the AL could beat them, maybe Toronto has an outside chance, and that's just because their lineup murders lefties.

GreenMonster said:
Yanks looking pretty good now.. Lineup will hit no doubt.. Pitching is patchwork but has been good enough lately.. Cory Liddle is a pretty good 5th starter.. As long as your pitching doesn't break down you have to like your chances.. Anyone scared that your 2nd half era is approaching 5.00?

We swept the White Sox and then Texas on the road. As long as we keep winning and beating the good teams, I don't care what the ERA is. JUST WIN.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Who said the Red Sox were the benchmark of offenses in the league? Surely not me, this isn't the 2003/2004 Red Sox offense. We're a different team and we're winning in different ways than in the past.

You said you were sick of hearing about our lineup well w/ the incredible amount of injuries to top guys we still have scored more runs than you guys(actually we are behind you after last night but now you've played 2 more games than we have).

FaninPatsyLand said:
Your pitching is good enough to win in October? I'm not so sure.

There aren't any great teams out there, name me the teams w/ a better 1-2-3? There aren't many.

FaninPatsyLand said:
What does Chicago have to do with the Twins? We saw one lefty starter (Mark Buehrle) from the Chisox in the 2005 divisional series. Great comparison there!

You said no one scared you other than minny, all I said was after the way they swept you last year you should be concerned- I'd be. Then again I don't think you were concerned going into that series, you thought it would be an easy win.

FaninPatsyLand said:
And you think the Yankees could beat the Twinkies in a 5 game playoff series?

In '03 & '04 elimination games we pounded Santana. Why would it be crazy to think we could beat the Twins? Let's see what Liriano can do under the pressure of a pennat race and under the pressure of October before handing them the trophy. Santana has a 4.50 ERA in the postseason.

nyjunc said:
You said no one scared you other than minny, all I said was after the way they swept you last year you should be concerned- I'd be. Then again I don't think you were concerned going into that series, you thought it would be an easy win.

Good point about the White Sox. I'll admit although I didn't think it was going to be an easy win (Matt Clement starting game 1), I expected the Red Sox to win that series. I just didn't buy the White Sox pitching due to their lack of experience, etc.

Back
Top Bottom