Adam Gase on Matt Moore. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase on Matt Moore.

Matt Moore is great to come in and save the day here and there.. but the second he is game planned against, typically, it's gonna be a long day.. he can't read defenses. Simple as that. As much as many don't like it, when Cutler is throwing it away, it's usually the right decision. Where as Moore will try to make something happen..

Maybe that is what we need?

Look, no one likes turnovers, but if the resulting offense is one that plays so scared that we never take chances with the ball, then we get the garbage that we have been seeing all season.

Take more risks, push the ball downfield. Yes, we will have turnovers, but we will also have many more scoring opportunities that will let us overcome those turnovers. But it will also soften up defenses and allow us to pound the ball on the ground as well.

If we stick with this scared brand of football we have been playing we are way too easy to gameplan against, and shut down.

I think this is Gase's biggest nightmare, he knows the fans are going to be calling for Moore.....now more than ever. I hope this doesn't become a distraction for the team, if it hasn't already. If Cutler starts on Thursday and we struggle or lose.......you can expect all hell to break loose for Moore to start.

Our skill players can actually contribute with Moore. But be careful, it won't be as easy on Thursday. The Jets game planned for Cutler. When Moore came in they couldn't adjust.

It's a real bummer for the Jets, they were doing so well until Cutler went out and they couldn't rely on their original gameplan anymore.

lZqg2zu.png

Wouldn't be surprised to see Moore start on Thursday. Not sure about the Cutler injury, but that likely leaves the door open for Moore to start if that is what Gase wants. We will see what happens.

Cutler can play, but with our protection issues....he is just not comfortable back there with pressure, and you can see it in his footwork and continuously throwing off his back foot. Moore, seems to not be afraid and stands tall in the pocket while being pressured. That allows Moore to make plays down the field.

Moore is a better choice currently with our offensive line problems IMO.

In terms of the short week....Gase is really in a situation where he has to start Moore. With three days of practice, Moore will need as many snaps as he can get with the starters. Hard to think that even the most ardent Cutler fan (LOL) would want him starting with injured ribs on a short week and no practice.

Look everybody gets it, Matt a Moore is a limited QB. Sometimes I feel like the “Moore sucks” crowd thinks they’re smarter than everyone else. They’re not, we all know he’s a limited QB. However if you can’t admit the offense looked better with him in there I don’t know what to tell you. Quick throws down the field, timing throws, stuff I feel we’ve been lacking. He looked pretty good for the most part.
Agreed!

From a statistic point of view, Moore plays just as well if not better than either Cutler or Tannehill.
This is true but Tannehill manages the offense and game situations better than both of them. I really don't want to see Cutler on the field again this year.

Did Moore help us last week with his energy or any of the other wins were because of his energy?
We are talking about this week Sir! I guess I have to say every post, that I'm a Dolphins fan, no mater who's at QB. And to answer you question, it was the Defense sparked the energy Last week ,Not Cutler!

If Moore starts on Thursday night, and we score often in the first half, then he should be the man. Cutler has not been able to do this for whatever reason. And if you say its the o-line, Moore had an even lesser line when Tunsil left the game and he won it.

Regardless of who starts Thursday night, Baltimore will destroy us like usual

Who’ll be next man up for people to scream for if Matt Moore stinks up the joint Thursday? Will there be chants for Cutler to come back and start? Hahahahaha a never ending viscous cycle in this group.

This is the only way Gase could save face for his $10mm mistake. The difference in the offense was night and day once moore came in. If they pick up where the left off Thursday it should be Moore's job to lose. Cutler doesn't know the offense well enough and doesn't keep his eyes downfield out of fear of getting crushed.

Back
Top Bottom