Adewale who??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adewale who???

I hear ya, but don't you think having another pro bowl defensive end on the other side of JT can only make them better? I mean, if we can't trade him to land a top receiver, then why waste his services????

dreamz4fins said:
Sorry dude, I have to disagree with you with all the missing links on offense right now. Before Boston I would have agreed with you because I have faith in our RB by committee and just T-Minor alone for that matter, but right now, even without O-Gun, we're looking to have probably the best Defense out there period. This season can still be saved here, let us not forget that. I agree with Fin Fan on this one.

Truer words were never spoken. :cool:

i thot his name was Ogunleye:confused: ?:goof:

Seriously tho, a 3 sack practice means nothing. When he gets 3 sacks in a preseason game agianst a decent linemen, then lets talk.

No one mentioned that Jason Taylor praised his play numerous amount of times. Also, It would be cool to have a DE combo, JT and TJ. I agree not to waste Ogun services, but to make this guy the highest Paid Defensive player, when in reality JT, Zach, and Pat, and even Larry Chester is climbing, mean more to this defense then Ogun does. Maybe he had 15 sacks last year, but that doesn't make him the MVP of our defense this year. I also think Pat deserved MVP. Not wasting his service would be him signing the one year tender, not giving him 13 million in Bonus money. That's wasting our cap, not wasting his service.

massi20 said:
I hear ya, but ogun would only make them better.

Frankly, I agree.

SOME of our stars on D are getting older. We need young stars in the ranks to help keep our defense prowess alive for years to come.

I recall a few fans calling RS a Homer when he drafted Poole and signed Howard. Then, people starting realizing that we now have our CB position LOCKED for the next 2 or 3 years AND we have so much depth, we have feasible 4 POTENTIAL starters on our roster.

If we keep Ogun, we suddenly have 2 studs at DE. This really starts to help out when we enter the draft. We don't want to have to draft a lot of CRITICAL positions. And, we don't want to go into a draft with PROSPECTS on our team that still have QUESTIONS.

Keeping Ogun keeps the D locked up for years to come. RS could then focus on TBo's replacement on D and more OLine, WR, RB help on Offense.

Even if we got a #1 for Ogun, we would not get IMMEDIATE help from our backups. I'm sure we have another Ogun on the roster, but not someone who's ready to give us 15 sacks this year. And, let's face it... we're gonna need it.

Sign Ogun and let's keep focus on our Oline, WR and RB problems. We have enough problems heading into the season without having to find Ogun's replacement TOO.

PhinKev said:
I heard a former GM Mueller on ESPN radio a few weeks back and he said that Ogun was the real deal and potentially better than JT.

Let's not get carried away with training camp performances. Double digit sack guys are not all that common.
:roflmao: OGUN Better then JT? :roflmao:........That Mueller, and his never ending Comedy act. Too bad, he actually believes it, and thank goodness, we did not get him as our GM. :whew:

He can go but I want something for him THIS year. WIN NOW!!!!!!!! Trade him for an equal value wide reciever that can step in and help us THIS year.

tay0365 said:
:roflmao: OGUN Better then JT? :roflmao:........That Mueller, and his never ending Comedy act. Too bad, he actually believes it, and thank goodness, we did not get him as our GM. :whew:

He was talking about potential, and he ws also considering stopping the run and holding up at the point of attack. I don't think he meant to slight JT< he was just trying to make the point that Ogun is worth keeping.

I actually think Mueller would have been a pretty good choice.

finfan54 said:
:lol:

Adewale Ogoneforfirstroundpickleye
You said pickle. :roflmao:

Anyways, I don't want to get rid of Oguneleye, and I've said this plenty of times, so I'm not going into detail again.

ChambOfCommerce said:
at first I could care less if he returned, then after the Ricky Fruitcake incident I felt we needed to get him back especially since it freed up $$. Now....I just want SOMETHING to happen!! Trade.....sign.......bake cookies......fight in Iraq.....do something for chrissakes! I'm a big fan of: Sh-t or get off the pot, all you're doing right now is turning into a hemmorhoid!
agree

NathanHunt said:
Sign Ogun and let's keep focus on our Oline, WR and RB problems. We have enough problems heading into the season without having to find Ogun's replacement TOO.
First off to sign O-Gun they have to agree to tearms. Okay now O-Gun wants big money. Money that we don't exactly have to spend because of other problems. Running Back, Wide receiver. O_gun in my opinion is replaceable. Or we can do with out him. The defense we have is good. getting rid of O-gun takes care of a couple of problems. A player that wants big money which could count against us later with salery cap. And we could get another player to fill crucial areas where we are hurting and we may be able to get a draft pick along with it. This O-Gun holding out is too much of a distraction anymore .

fin-atic said:
Once again see my resposne in the "Will Poole replaceing Surtain" thread.
You guys need to understand that preseason is not reality. :shakeno:
Heh, yeah. I seem to remember Ray Lucas looking like a Pro Bowl QB in preseason and we ALL know how that season ended up.:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom