AFC East 2006 Predictions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East 2006 Predictions

GreenMachine said:
Ever been to Billszone?

Yeah, been there since 2002. Hardly any of them thought that Miami was going to be as bad as they are now. Tons bought into the hype. :(

Lots said 7-9 or 8-8....but the Dolphins are clearly worse than that right now.

The fact is a team will only go as far as their O-line takes them. For whatever reason, every publication and most fans never took that into consideration. To me, it was unfathomable some of the predictions that were being made. Everyone was blinded by the winning streak last year and some good players in the skill positions, but the line is god awful. If I were building a team, I'd have five Steve Hutchinson-caliber linemen, and servicable players at the skill positions. Completely management's fault for not seeing this.

miamichael2 said:
The fact is a team will only go as far as their O-line takes them. For whatever reason, every publication and most fans never took that into consideration. To me, it was unfathomable some of the predictions that were being made. Everyone was blinded by the winning streak last year and some good players in the skill positions, but the line is god awful. If I were building a team, I'd have five Steve Hutchinson-caliber linemen, and servicable players at the skill positions. Completely management's fault for not seeing this.

I questioned the OL and I was laughed at b/c everyone thought LJ shelton was a great signing and that Hudson hauck could make any OL a good one.

miamichael2 said:

What about the fact that the D cant stop anyone on 3rd down? Your OC gets his playbook from Madden 07 ? Your head coach is an ego maniac on a team with a losing record which will lead to very bad things.

lol

nyjunc said:
I questioned the OL and I was laughed at b/c everyone thought LJ shelton was a great signing and that Hudson hauck could make any OL a good one.

I got banned from the main board for saying that any team with Bennie Anderson starting on its oline wasn't going to make the playoffs much less the Super Bowl. :sidelol:

Now, they got worse guys than Benny playing RG. I think 4 or 5 wins is about the most they can figure on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinzua said:
I got banned from the main board for saying that any team with Bennie Anderson starting on its oline wasn't going to make the playoffs much less the Super Bowl. :sidelol:

Now, they got worse guys than Benny playing RG. I think 4 or 5 wins is about the most they can figure on.

No one on thebillszone thought that they would go 5-11 or 6-10 last year. It's called fan bias and it happens.

BleedinGreenNC said:
You are not going 10-1 the rest of the way

1-10 is more likely than 10-1, but I think they'll win a couple or three more. At this point, I think Harrington is the best option.

Back
Top Bottom