AFC East Implosion | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Implosion

Biggest difference makes in the AFC east was injuries.

The healthest team in NFL was the jets ,miami was 7th and the Pats 28th in the league.

games lost by starters - Injured starters who missed games or IRed
Jets - 12
Miami - 25
Pats - 64
In 03 SB team the starters lost 87 games and still won due to brady so cannot put him as 16 as he more than that.

Looks like the Jets next Head Coach will be Rex Ryan. So the Jets will stay with a 3-4 and mix their defense up more. Run some more 4 downlinemen and multiple schemes. More aggressive style of defense instead of sending only 3 and dropping everyone else back.

I believe the AFC East is set to implode leaving Miami a great chance to repeat.

New England
Pioli has left and has been a key front office player in their personnel dept.
Another OC has left for greener pastures.
Brady or Cassel? There could be a controversy here especially if the team gets devided.

New York
Favre. Favre. Favre. Will he stay or retire? Should've stayed retired but now would leave them with no viable QB.
New head coach to replace one who was wrongly fired in my opinion.
Again, if the players get divided on these issues, it could get ugly.

Buffalo
Has been perrineal underachievers for a long time. I don't see Jauron changing that anytime soon.

So it's that simple huh? :wink:

People have been saying this more or less verbetim for years about the Patriots. There will be no controversy. Brady is god in that area of the world. All they will remember about Cassell is that he couldn't get it done. They've lost coordinators almost every year, and, they are still right there in the hunt.

But has Pioli been the mastermind behind their success? That is what makes this year different to me. I also see it as though maybe Pioli knows that they are not what they use to be and is getting out with his reputation in tact. We will see.

Looks like the Jets next Head Coach will be Rex Ryan. So the Jets will stay with a 3-4 and mix their defense up more. Run some more 4 downlinemen and multiple schemes. More aggressive style of defense instead of sending only 3 and dropping everyone else back.
Is Rex Ryan really that much better of a coach then Mangini? Not trying to be mean, but I have heard he is bit of a loose canon. Maybe he will be better then Mangini, but I don't see a drastic improvement to the coaching staff if they hire him imo.

Is Rex Ryan really that much better of a coach then Mangini? Not trying to be mean, but I have heard he is bit of a loose canon. Maybe he will be better then Mangini, but I don't see a drastic improvement to the coaching staff if they hire him imo.
No one knows if hes going to be better or not, he hasn't been a HC yet. But he has certainly been a better coordinator than Mangini was, also more experienced then when we had hired Mangini.

One thing is Rex is much more aggressive in the way he calls a defense. Mangini was very conservative and rarely blitzed. He liked to play prevent defense a lot of times.

Reason Mangini was fired was because he didn't get the job done and was losing the team. He wasn't motivating the team and was playing not to lose. When you go 8-3 then finish 9-7 in the way losing to some pretty bad teams or teams we should of easily beaten. Thats why he got fired. From what I've heard about Ryan the players love his defense that he runs, they love him as a coach so we'll see.

I Fully expect the Patsies to come out of the gates fast next season. It seems like they always lose key people and they keep plugging in holes and marching on. As long as Belichick is there, look for them to be right in the thick of the hunt.
The best our Dolphins can do is continue to improve and finally give those clowns a real challenge for AFC East dominance on a yearly basis.

I would not be at all shocked to see us finish 3rd next year, as I still think we are 2 years from where we need to be. Our Schedule will be sick and the Jets and Pats have more talent. I hope we improve enough to battle for the division, but I'm not counting on anything right now.

As of now we stand at the second spot. I say that due to the difficulty of our schedule. Wouldnt be suprised if we end up in 3rd, but we will probably get a glimpse of the franchise QB so that wouldnt be too bad.

You people forget that our schedule is nearly identical to that of every other team in our division. So if our schedule is tough so is everyone elses.

And I understand that we play 2 first place teams that no one else in our division plays

You people forget that our schedule is nearly identical to that of every other team in our division. So if our schedule is tough so is everyone elses.

And I understand that we play 2 first place teams that no one else in our division plays
Exactly, our schedule is basically the same as every other East team. The only difference is we play Pittsburgh and San Diego. The Patriots play Baltimore and Denver, so you can see there is no real schedule advantage there.

The Jets and Bills I am not really worried about.

So No SB = Failure ?

Unless it's the Dolphins of course, then its "well we had a great season!".

Funny how that works. Patriots go 18-1 and lose the super bowl and are considered the biggest losers ever yet the dolphins go 11-6 and they all claim to be "so proud of their team:proud:"

Back
Top Bottom