AFC East Predictions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Predictions

FinsAreLife

F-A-L
Reaction score
I started a thread awile back around draft time that asked finheaven members who how they thought the AFC East would end up, i got many people telling me it was too early to tell..........i think now is a good time to predict and analysize the division jus like the professional writters do it( i think we could analyize better)........so here it goes for me................

1. Patriots: Many key losses in loosing both defensive and offensive coordinators but had some key additions also one in being david terrell, they always seem to find a way to fill up their problems, i think there is too many problems this year to fill them all up but they still end up winning a close division race : 10-6 , 4th seed in playoffs

2. Dolphins: Many have said this is a rebuilding year for us i think we had a team last year that was capable of a 6-10 or 7-9 season but many injuries and no running game and close games dropped us to a bad 4-12 record, this year with the addition of talented rookies and some key veterens on defence and some on offence and also the recacurence of ricky williams has us moving up in the standings and looking alot better, not to mention the very key coaching staff changes in Saban, Houck and Linehan : 9-7, either 6th seed in playoffs or bubble team that doesnt make it

3. Jets : some losses on defense and some additions to offense....the santana moss-leverneous coles trade i think hurt them becuase i believe moles is fading, only catching 1 TD last year is proof of it, the addidition jay fieldler may back- fire on them just as the loss of lamont jordan we'll see if daryl blaylock can fill that back-up role if curtis martin falls this season: 8-8, bubble team that just misses playoff

4. Bills : J.P. Losman is very talented but has never started an NFL game, he will surelly have more downs then ups this season buts looks to be very good in the future, the o-line there is still shaky and eric moulds is getting older. Lee Evans looks to break through this season, the bills defense is very solid but wont carry them to the playoffs this season, maybe next year though when i believe New England will completely fall: 7-9, solid start to losmans career but does have many down points to fix

FinsAreLife said:
I started a thread awile back around draft time that asked finheaven members who how they thought the AFC East would end up, i got many people telling me it was too early to tell..........i think now is a good time to predict and analysize the division jus like the professional writters do it( i think we could analyize better)........so here it goes for me................

1. Patriots: Many key losses in loosing both defensive and offensive coordinators but had some key additions also one in being david terrell, they always seem to find a way to fill up their problems, i think there is too many problems this year to fill them all up but they still end up winning a close division race : 10-6 , 4th seed in playoffs

2. Dolphins: Many have said this is a rebuilding year for us i think we had a team last year that was capable of a 6-10 or 7-9 season but many injuries and no running game and close games dropped us to a bad 4-12 record, this year with the addition of talented rookies and some key veterens on defence and some on offence and also the recacurence of ricky williams has us moving up in the standings and looking alot better, not to mention the very key coaching staff changes in Saban, Houck and Linehan : 9-7, either 6th seed in playoffs or bubble team that doesnt make it

3. Jets : some losses on defense and some additions to offense....the santana moss-leverneous coles trade i think hurt them becuase i believe moles is fading, only catching 1 TD last year is proof of it, the addidition jay fieldler may back- fire on them just as the loss of lamont jordan we'll see if daryl blaylock can fill that back-up role if curtis martin falls this season: 8-8, bubble team that just misses playoff

4. Bills : J.P. Losman is very talented but has never started an NFL game, he will surelly have more downs then ups this season buts looks to be very good in the future, the o-line there is still shaky and eric moulds is getting older. Lee Evans looks to break through this season, the bills defense is very solid but wont carry them to the playoffs this season, maybe next year though when i believe New England will completely fall: 7-9, solid start to losmans career but does have many down points to fix

I love the fins but there is no way. The pats were in the big game, and the Jets probably should have been in the AFC championship game.

Captain Lou said:
I love the fins but there is no way. The pats were in the big game, and the Jets probably should have been in the AFC championship game.
the jets would have lossed to the chargers if wernt for a miss kick the jets are going to be garbage this year

bills turning to a new qb, jets have fiedler(:rofl3: )who could possibly start barring penningtons injury, the patriots lost both cordinators and two all pro linebackers, and our fins have a whole new outlook.......here goes a guess

1. Jets 11-5 (if pennington starts)

2. Dolphins 9-7 (optimistic here)

3. Patriots 8-8 don't recover from offseason loses

4. Bills 8-8 McGahee carries the team to .500

Ricky Brown said:
bills turning to a new qb, jets have fiedler(:rofl3: )who could possibly start barring penningtons injury, the patriots lost both cordinators and two all pro linebackers, and our fins have a whole new outlook.......here goes a guess

1. Jets 11-5 (if pennington starts)

2. Dolphins 9-7 (optimistic here)

3. Patriots 8-8 don't recover from offseason loses

4. Bills 8-8 McGahee carries the team to .500

thats something like what i said around draft time, thats a very big possibility

The Pats will fall this year. I see them at 8-8 or 9-7. Similar to the year after they won their 1st SB.
Terrell has proven nothing. Loss of Weiss will hurt a mediocre armed Tom Brady.
The loss of Bruschi will hurt more than people realize.

jlfin said:
The Pats will fall this year. I see them at 8-8 or 9-7. Similar to the year after they won their 1st SB.
Terrell has proven nothing. Loss of Weiss will hurt a mediocre armed Tom Brady.
The loss of Bruschi will hurt more than people realize.

Brady is not gunna completely forget everything he learned, he will do well i think but i agree with the bruschi part, he is the heart and soul of that team and that will hurt

our schedule is too tough this year...If it reflected our record last year id say we would have a decent shot at 9-7 maybe even 10-6 but its not so I believe 500 would be peak.

Jets they have a lot of questions Will Chad get healthy fast enough?? will coles be a true #1 with his bad foot?? I dont know they could go 10-6 or 6-10 if those 2 answers are no.

Pats go 11-5 at the minumum that organization is strong from top to bottom even after the personell/coaching losses they are still the team to beat but I do believe they slip just a bit.

Buffalo their coaching is good enough to keep JP out of trouble but I can see them having a bit of a tough time scoring because teams will Dare JP to beat them (8/9 in the box) and it looks like their problem at LT is worse than ours...that D of theirs is going to have to play lights out and I think they will so buffalo ends up anywhere from 10-6 to 8-8.

I still believe the East is the hardest division in the AFC, although you could make a convincing argument that the West is. But none of the teams will be blowing anyone out like Indianapolis, Pittsburgh or Kansas City this year. Here's how I see it

1) New York Jets- Although Herm Edwards couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag, the Jets take the division in a tiebreaker with the Patriots. Only a field goal away from the AFC Championship game, the Jets upgraded their kicker. The addition of Ty Law (I see this happening) upgrades their rapidly retiring secondary. The loss of Lamont Jordon will hurt them, but if Pennington stays healthy I think the Jets can go on a winning streak. Record: 10-6
2) New England Patriots- Bellichek has his hands full this year, calling both the offensive and defensive plays. Coupled with the fact that the Patriots linebacking core has taken a major hit, the Patriots stand to slip a little but still make the playoffs. Record: 10-6 (Wild Card)
3) Buffalo Bills- Expect the Bills to have a pretty solid defense once again, so they can remain in games even if Losman struggles early in the season. By the end of the year I think Losman and McGahee will be something special, and Buffalo will spoil the playoff hopes for alot of teams (i.e. Denver, Cinncinnati, San Diego). Nevertheless, I think Buffalo loses too many close games in the fourth quarter and just misses out on a playoff berth. Next year they will be the team to beat in the division. Record: 9-7
4) Miami Dolphins- The Dolphins should surprise everyone this year as they were nowhere as bad as their 4-12 record indicates. There is a strong possibility that the Fins lose their first four games (Denver, Jets, Carolina, Buffalo) as players adjust to a new offensive philosophy and a complicated defensive scheme. The evolution of Ronnie Brown and the return of Ricky Williams should spark the team. The defense should get more and more dangerous as the season goes on. But inconsistent quarterback play, lack of depth on the OL and a difficult schedule should keep the Dolphins at bay this year. Look for them to be a serious threat in the playoffs in another two years. Record: 7-9 (By the way, I expect us to go after either Omar Jacobs or Chris Leak in the draft from here)

zeke0123 said:
our shedule is too tough this year...If it replected our record last year id say we would have a decent shot at 9-7 maybe even 10-6 but its not so I believe 500 would be peak.

Jets they have a lot of questions Will Chad get healthy fast enough?? will coles be a true #1 with his bad foot?? I dont know they could go 10-6 or 6-10 if those 2 answers are no.

Pats go 11-5 at the minumum that organization is strong from top to bottom even after the personell/coaching losses they are still the team to beat but I do believe they slip just a bit.

Buffalo their coaching is good enough to keep JP out of trouble but I can see them having a bit of a tough time scoring because teams will Dare JP to beat them (8/9 in the box) and it looks like their problem at LT is worse than ours...that D of theirs is going to have to play lights out and I think they will so buffalo ends up anywhere from 10-6 to 8-8.

i think your right about the jets, about right with the bill wrong with the pats and almost right with us, idk i just think the pats wont be that good, either their dumb luck continues to get them to 10-6 or the fall completely

Pocoloco said:
I still believe the East is the hardest division in the AFC, although you could make a convincing argument that the West is. But none of the teams will be blowing anyone out like Indianapolis, Pittsburgh or Kansas City this year. Here's how I see it

1) New York Jets- Although Herm Edwards couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag, the Jets take the division in a tiebreaker with the Patriots. Only a field goal away from the AFC Championship game, the Jets upgraded their kicker. The addition of Ty Law (I see this happening) upgrades their rapidly retiring secondary. The loss of Lamont Jordon will hurt them, but if Pennington stays healthy I think the Jets can go on a winning streak. Record: 10-6
2) New England Patriots- Bellichek has his hands full this year, calling both the offensive and defensive plays. Coupled with the fact that the Patriots linebacking core has taken a major hit, the Patriots stand to slip a little but still make the playoffs. Record: 10-6 (Wild Card)
3) Buffalo Bills- Expect the Bills to have a pretty solid defense once again, so they can remain in games even if Losman struggles early in the season. By the end of the year I think Losman and McGahee will be something special, and Buffalo will spoil the playoff hopes for alot of teams (i.e. Denver, Cinncinnati, San Diego). Nevertheless, I think Buffalo loses too many close games in the fourth quarter and just misses out on a playoff berth. Next year they will be the team to beat in the division. Record: 9-7
4) Miami Dolphins- The Dolphins should surprise everyone this year as they were nowhere as bad as their 4-12 record indicates. There is a strong possibility that the Fins lose their first four games (Denver, Jets, Carolina, Buffalo) as players adjust to a new offensive philosophy and a complicated defensive scheme. The evolution of Ronnie Brown and the return of Ricky Williams should spark the team. The defense should get more and more dangerous as the season goes on. But inconsistent quarterback play, lack of depth on the OL and a difficult schedule should keep the Dolphins at bay this year. Look for them to be a serious threat in the playoffs in another two years. Record: 7-9

unfortunatley i think that could be right

I can appreciate the optimism. It's YOUR team, have to be optimistic. My optimism for the Bills stems from the fact that when we started 0-4...We lost 3 of those by less than 1 score. Could have swiung the other way just as easily and we could have been 12-4! I don't see JP hurting us any worse than Deadsloe did. As a matter of fact, he can make things happen that Drew just couldn't. He's been looking decent in training camp and understands the offense well.

Miami....Biggest concern is also QB. We don't know what we have but you guys definitely DO know what you've got! Also, first year coach. Expect growing pains there as well. Ricky..x factor. Ronnie...who knows? Miami has as many or more question marks than the Bills.

Bottom line...It's anybodys division this year..assuming the Pats fall couple notches.

Good luck with your season.

New England Patriots 12-4
New York Jets 10-6
Miami Dolphins 9-7
Buffalo Bills 9-7

As long as Indy has Peyton Manning, most will pick Indy to be in the AFC Champ. If they can get home-field advantage, Indy gets to the Super Bowl.

Very Early Predictions

NFC Playoffs (Seeds not in any particular order)
1. Philadelphia 12-4
2. Green Bay 10-6
3. Atlanta 11-5
4. St. Louis 9-7
Wild Cards - Minnesota 9-7 and Carolina 10-6

AFC Playoffs
1. New England 12-4
2. Baltimore 11-5
3. San Diego 11-5
4. Indianapolis 12-4
Wild Cards - New York Jets 10-6 and Pittsburgh 10-6

Super Bowl Philadelphia and Indianapolis(if home-field advantage)
(If no homefield for Indy, Philadelphia and New England again)
Super Bowl winner-New England or Indianapolis

FinsAreLife said:

Another cynical Dolphin fan who is STILL hungover from the Dumbstadt era. No way are we 9-7. This team is for real. Even with average QB we will have a top 7 defense and a top 10 offense. If QB goes well, which it very well may we will have a top 5 offense and that will only improve our defense. Beyond that this is a team that will get better as the year goes on, not vice versa as we have become accostomed to. Here's why...Saban will engender trust as this team plays a style of football that is extremely physical and tenacious. Even when we lose teams opponents will have the tar whooped out of them and trust me that will create huge psychological boost.

Those who think K-J will be gone from this team just do not understand Saban. He is going to smash some people's teeth in and then let the chips fall where they may. Look for the Dolphins to win the East in week 14 or 15.

Look everybody - Dolphin fans are on the learning curve!

pats
mia
buf
jets

mia and buf at 9-7
pats at 11-5
jets at 8-8

good year to watch football thats why i have nfl sunday ticket! ha ha!!!!

Back
Top Bottom