AFC East Predictions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Predictions

new england wont win no super bowl this year!
indy could but aging running game tells me no!
philly wont win division dallas does
super bowl
oakland-cowboys!
out on limb right about now!
oakland or jacksonville
dallas or carolina

SpurzN703 said:
New England Patriots 10-6
New York Jets 10-6
Buffalo Bills 9-7
Dolphins 6-10

As long as Indy has Peyton Manning, most will pick Indy to be in the AFC Champ. If they can get home-field advantage, Indy gets to the Super Bowl.

Very Early Predictions

NFC Playoffs (Seeds not in any particular order)
1. Philadelphia 12-4
2. Minnesota 10-6
3. Atlanta 11-5
4. St. Louis 9-7
Wild Cards - GB 9-7 and Carolina 10-6

AFC Playoffs
1. New England 10-6 Win the division via tie breaker with Jets
2. Baltimore 11-5
3. San Diego 11-5
4. Indianapolis 12-4
Wild Cards - New York Jets 10-6 and Pittsburgh 10-6

Super Bowl Philadelphia and Indianapolis(if home-field advantage)
(If no homefield for Indy, Philadelphia and New England again)
Super Bowl winner-New England or Indianapolis

I agree with your picks with some small but significant changes. My changes are in RED. IMO, this is the year that the Pats "dynasty" starts its slide. Too many personel/coaching hits to recover and return to the SB. They'll still be good but the chinks will be in the armor. They'll start losing close games they used to win. If they lose a critical player like Brady for long, they could rapidly slide to close to a .500 team.

Trust me, I hate New England. But until they got stopped, I feel it's a nightmare we all live in where New England rules the land of the NFL. Geesh, let someone, ANYONE, stop those Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blowup:

Do you guys even pay attention to what the other teams in our division do in the offseason? The Jets are easily the worst team. ANYONE who thinks they are going 10-6 this year is on crack.

QB - Pennington had ROTATOR cuff surgery in January and is STRUGGLING HORRIBLY in camp with passes over 30 yards or any pass for that matter. His accuracy has been awful. The Jets also hired Heimerdinger who likes to throw the ball deep and neither Penny nor Fielder can go deep.

O-Line - They lost McKenzie who was a very good RT and they also lost Becht who was an excellent blocking TE. They did get Jolley but he's a pass catching TE not very good at blocking. Mawae is getting way up there in age too.

RB - Martin is 32 years old. I know he had a great season last year, but he's well past his prime. Normally RB's hit the wall at 30 and i'm certain Martin's production will start to fall off this year with the losses on the line and the departure of Jordan.

Defense - Solid overall with a few losses. The D will keep the Jets in games this year, but will NOT overcome the deficiencies they have on Offense.

This team looks like the Dolphins of 04. Good Defense, Huge Questions at QB, O-line , and RB.

Record 6-10

raving said:
Another cynical Dolphin fan who is STILL hungover from the Dumbstadt era. No way are we 9-7. This team is for real. Even with average QB we will have a top 7 defense and a top 10 offense. If QB goes well, which it very well may we will have a top 5 offense and that will only improve our defense. Beyond that this is a team that will get better as the year goes on, not vice versa as we have become accostomed to. Here's why...Saban will engender trust as this team plays a style of football that is extremely physical and tenacious. Even when we lose teams opponents will have the tar whooped out of them and trust me that will create huge psychological boost.

Those who think K-J will be gone from this team just do not understand Saban. He is going to smash some people's teeth in and then let the chips fall where they may. Look for the Dolphins to win the East in week 14 or 15.

Look everybody - Dolphin fans are on the learning curve!

I'm a huge fan. However, Saban hasn't even coached a game yet, and already he's the mesia? I think Saban will be a good coach. We need more than a good coach to turn it around in one year. Until we get a center that can actually gets some push we are screwed. Our team will improved but most likely we will still be cellar dwellers. If the O line can turn it all around maybe then, and that's a HUGE maybe.

miabrown23 said:
the jets would have lossed to the chargers if wernt for a miss kick the jets are going to be garbage this year

How many times must I explain this, SD never should have had a chance to kick that FG b/c Doug Brien missed a 29 yarder earlier(yes a 29 yarder) and the game was over in regulation until barton got the dumb penalty. You can't ignore those 2 plays and point to a missed kick.

Eventually, the pats will fall. Every year they seam to get closer to the edge and a bunch of people say this is a down year, but that hasn't happened. It will. Maybe not this year, but soon.

nyjunc said:
How many times must I explain this, SD never should have had a chance to kick that FG b/c Doug Brien missed a 29 yarder earlier(yes a 29 yarder) and the game was over in regulation until barton got the dumb penalty. You can't ignore those 2 plays and point to a missed kick.
as many times as I have to explain that Wanny is the reason we under-achieved :lol:

zeke0123 said:
as many times as I have to explain that Wanny is the reason we under-achieved :lol:

Yeah but you got better in '00 after wanny took over than yo were the prvious few years.

Fact is, the Jets lost. Doug Brien was A JET. It isn't like some guy off the street came in and let the team down by missing the FG. Doesn't matter how or why they lost, just the simple fact that they did in fact lose. Hell, I"m in no position to speak with our yankoff record last year, but that's why we're all here. NFL pointless banter :D

raving said:
Another cynical Dolphin fan who is STILL hungover from the Dumbstadt era. No way are we 9-7. This team is for real. Even with average QB we will have a top 7 defense and a top 10 offense. If QB goes well, which it very well may we will have a top 5 offense and that will only improve our defense. Beyond that this is a team that will get better as the year goes on, not vice versa as we have become accostomed to. Here's why...Saban will engender trust as this team plays a style of football that is extremely physical and tenacious. Even when we lose teams opponents will have the tar whooped out of them and trust me that will create huge psychological boost.

Those who think K-J will be gone from this team just do not understand Saban. He is going to smash some people's teeth in and then let the chips fall where they may. Look for the Dolphins to win the East in week 14 or 15.

Look everybody - Dolphin fans are on the learning curve!

you dont know what you are talking about do you???, look at the division we are in, i know saban has done great things already and in my opinion 9-7 for us would be overacheaving and i think saban can do it, and dont make assumptions about me either, i have faith we can have a shot at winning the division but realistically your gunna look at everyone elses predictions and they will have us at the bottom, i thnk what i predicted for the fins is about right, what your saying may be a little homerish although i would love to have it happen

Pats 10 - 6
Mia 9 - 7
bills 8 - 8
jets 8 - 8
DIVISION WILL BE TIGHT THIS YR , WE WILL SURPRISE PEOPLE I THINK WITH OUR WIDE OPEN OFFENSE AND BETTER BLOCKING . WE WILL GO 5 - 3 IN THE DIVISION BUT OUR YR WILL BE 2006 JUST BE READY CAUSE MIAMI WILL BE AROUND 11 - 5 OR 12 - 4 ... NICK IS NO JOKE , HE WILL DO FOR US LIKE JIMMY DID FOR THE COWBOYS IN THE EARLY 90'S !!!!!!!!!!!! OH AND GO CANES NATIONAL CHAMPS IN 2006-2007

OK here is how it goes down

1. Buffalo Bills- 13-3
2.New York Jets- 9-7
3. New England Patriots- 8-8
4. MiamiDolphins- 5-11

You know its going to be true

nicksaban rules said:
miami 12-4
pats 9-7
jets 7-9
bills 7-9

Boy, are you in for a disappointment....... The Dolphins won't be 12-4 if you add in last years record for wins.

:goof:

Back
Top Bottom