AFC East Predictions | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Predictions

Losman7 said:
How is it silly...

The Bills have a top 3 D, there are NO holes on our defense, not a single guy I'm not comfortable with going into the season.

The offense has one ?? at LT, and a big ?? at QB. Aside from that we are fine everywhere...

The starting defense, fine. But, the Bills have no depth on defense or offense. Nobody behind McGahee, no experience backup LBs, no backup safeties that can play, no backup OL, crap reserves everywhere. Here are the biggest depth problems:

Jason Peters is your backup LT. He has no experience at OL.
Dylan McFarland is your backup RT. He was inactive for much of last year.
Your backups at C and LG are rookie second day selections.
Your depth at RB is a total joke.
Your WR depth is questionable. The only proven quantity is Reed and he has proven he can't play.
DL depth is Ryan Denney, Justin Bannan, Tim Anderson, Uyi Osunde. Nothing more needs to be said.
LB depth have a combined ZERO starts.
Neither your backup at SS or FS can play.

The Bills depth just might be the most inexperienced in the entire league. All I can say is that you should pray that they stay injury free this year.

nyjunc said:
#2 in yards but #8 in points allowed and PA is more important.

Right... but my OG point was... there are no glaring holes on our D...no guys I am uneasy with... unlike the dolphins who have holes at CB, S, LB, and DT.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
The starting defense, fine. But, the Bills have no depth on defense or offense. Nobody behind McGahee, no experience backup LBs, no backup safeties that can play, no backup OL, crap reserves everywhere. Here are the biggest depth problems:

Jason Peters is your backup LT. He has no experience at OL.
Dylan McFarland is your backup RT. He was inactive for much of last year.
Your backups at C and LG are rookie second day selections.
Your depth at RB is a total joke.
Your WR depth is questionable. The only proven quantity is Reed and he has proven he can't play.
DL depth is Ryan Denney, Justin Bannan, Tim Anderson, Uyi Osunde. Nothing more needs to be said.
LB depth have a combined ZERO starts.
Neither your backup at SS or FS can play.

The Bills depth just might be the most inexperienced in the entire league. All I can say is that you should pray that they stay injury free this year.

Part of the inexperiance is that the starters are never hurt....

Our D depth is fine... I will know more after the preseason, but from the scrimmage our 2nd and 3rd teams dominated the packers

The Bills depth might be the most inexperiaced in the league? look at the Fins.

You can barly field a secondary, and you plan on having a rookie starter at CB. Your DT's are either old and injury prone, or young and inexperianced....

Look at YOUR LB depth.... Seau (not gonna make it through the season) Thomas (might not make it) and ......and.........nothing. Crowder, Pope, and Moore are just OK, but not great...

Your O-line is more of a mess than ours, while our depth is questionable, all but our LT is solid... you have got many more holes....

And WR depth.... you've got Chambers, Booker, and Boston... got but alot to prove, (although Boston might be back judging by the bears game)

But Thompson, Gilmore, ...etc suck. Josh Reed is on Par with these guys... and Sam Aiken, Moulds backup, is a decent player, but he dosn't see the field alot.

Losman7 said:
Right... but my OG point was... there are no glaring holes on our D...no guys I am uneasy with... unlike the dolphins who have holes at CB, S, LB, and DT.

I didn't say you wouldn't have a big time D, I just #3 might be a little high. You guys have an excellent D and could very well be top 3 but we'll see.

nyjunc said:
I didn't say you wouldn't have a big time D, I just #3 might be a little high. You guys have an excellent D and could very well be top 3 but we'll see.

So... whats up with Rad Chad??? Is he really gonna be ready, or what?

I keep hearing he can't throw, I don't know what to think... but if he's still hurting now, even if he can play, can he take a hit?

Losman7 said:
Part of the inexperiance is that the starters are never hurt....

Our D depth is fine... I will know more after the preseason, but from the scrimmage our 2nd and 3rd teams dominated the packers

The Bills depth might be the most inexperiaced in the league? look at the Fins.

You can barly field a secondary, and you plan on having a rookie starter at CB. Your DT's are either old and injury prone, or young and inexperianced....

Look at YOUR LB depth.... Seau (not gonna make it through the season) Thomas (might not make it) and ......and.........nothing. Crowder, Pope, and Moore are just OK, but not great...

Your O-line is more of a mess than ours, while our depth is questionable, all but our LT is solid... you have got many more holes....

And WR depth.... you've got Chambers, Booker, and Boston... got but alot to prove, (although Boston might be back judging by the bears game)

But Thompson, Gilmore, ...etc suck. Josh Reed is on Par with these guys... and Sam Aiken, Moulds backup, is a decent player, but he dosn't see the field alot.

First of all, I wasn't comparing the depth on the two teams, I was responding to the comment that the Bills have no question marks other than QB and LT.

Did I say anything that was inaccurate?

Why did you assume that Seau and Thomas would not make it through the season but not mention that Chris Villarrial and Mike Williams are already being held out of practices?

Regarding the Dolphins depth:

OL - Middleton, McIntosh, McKinney, Cook, and Whitley have all started NFL games.
DL - K. Carter, J. Zgonina, K. Traylor, L. Chester, V. Holliday, J. Taylor, and D. Bowens gives tremendous flexibility. D. Romero, M. Wright, and K. Vickerson provide young depth.
LB - Moore, Pope both say action last year and played well. Crowder looks good in camp. Compare that to the combined starts by the Bills LB - ZERO.
WR - Chambers, Booker, Boston, Thompson, Gilmore - solid group. You've got Moulds (old), Lee, and ........ please......

I'll give the edge to the Bills starters on defense and OL (for now), but there is almost no experienced depth on the Bills roster.

Losman7 said:

DT and LB are fine. 2nd CB is a problem and safety is a question mark.

Losman7 said:
So... whats up with Rad Chad??? Is he really gonna be ready, or what?

I keep hearing he can't throw, I don't know what to think... but if he's still hurting now, even if he can play, can he take a hit?

He just began throwing a month ago and just began throwing back to back days a week and a half ago. His arm is not at full strength but he is progressing, reports have been he has looked great the last week. They'll sit him Friday Night as a precaution but he is progressing well and should be fine.

Losman7 said:
The Bills depth might be the most inexperiaced in the league?

2nd team defense

Ryan Denney - 20 starts (only 6 last year)
Justin Bannan - 0 starts
Tim Anderson - 0 starts
Uyi Osunde - 0 starts
Josh Stamer - 0 starts
Mario Haggan - 0 starts
Angelo Crowell - 0 starts
Jabari Greer - 1 start
Coy Wire - 19 starts (just 4 in the last two years)
Rashad Baker - 3 starts
Kevin Thomas - 3 starts

2nd team Offense

Jason Peters - 0 starts
Justin Geisinger - 0 starts
Duke Preston - 0 starts
Ross Tucker - 17 starts
Dylan McFarland - 0 starts
Tim Euhus - 5 starts
Joe Burns - 0 starts
Jon Goldsberry - 0 starts
Roscoe Parrish - 0 starts
Josh Reed - 19 starts (just 1 last year)
Kelly Holcomb - 11 starts

Any more questions?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
2nd team defense

Any more questions?

Yeah, whats the Fins second team look like?

And I'm not really worried about starts on D, our D guys see plenty of action... I don't understand how our guys are supposed to get starts when our core LB's have never been hurt, our CB's are never hurt, and our DT's are never hurt.

Our OL depth is a concern, but show me a team that has 10 quality starters on the OL and I'll show you a college football team.

Losman7 said:
Yeah, whats the Fins second team look like?

And I'm not really worried about starts on D, our D guys see plenty of action... I don't understand how our guys are supposed to get starts when our core LB's have never been hurt, our CB's are never hurt, and our DT's are never hurt.

I'm not blaming the Bills front office or coaching staff. I'm merely stating facts. IMO, the Bills will need another injury free season. How many of those can you count on? They have been lucky for two straight years.

Would you like to bet that the fins second team has more combined starts?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I'm not blaming the Bills front office or coaching staff. I'm merely stating facts. IMO, the Bills will need another injury free season. How many of those can you count on? They have been lucky for two straight years.

Would you like to bet that the fins second team has more combined starts?

No... The fins have more vets in the secondary...not good vets, but vets....

I'm just curious to see...

phinsfan4life8 said:
Jets- 11-5
Pats-10-6
Phins-9-7
Bills-5-11

haha..:rofl3: ..not happening...you dolphin fans expectations are a bit to high..

Pats- 12-4
Bills-9-7 or 10-6
Jets- 9-7
Dolphins-7-9 or 8-8...

Losman7 said:
No... The fins have more vets in the secondary...not good vets, but vets....

I'm just curious to see...

WR Derrius Thompson - 29 starts
LT Damion McIntosh - 51 starts
LG Taylor Whitley - 11 starts
C Seth McKinney - 21 starts
RG 71 Frank Middleton - 92 starts
RT Damion Cook - 1 start
TE Donald Lee - 0 starts
WR David Boston - 61 starts
QB Gus Frerotte - 64 starts
RB Ricky Williams - 70 starts
FB Jamar Martin - 2 starts