AFC East Predictions | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Predictions

Vessel17 said:
I know we've already had this thread before but honestly. Who wouldn't pick a rookie with upside over Feeley or Ferotte. Your QB of the future is not currently on your roster. It seems like many Phin fans don't realize that their QB situation is a problem. I'm not saying JP will be amazing, but I'm more excited about what he is capable of than I would about Feeley/Ferotte. Or Kelly Holcomb for that matter.

agreed but noone knows feeley's potential yet either....he did start to come around toward the end of the season

phinsfan4life8 said:
Jets- 11-5
Pats-10-6
Phins-9-7
Bills-5-11

You're insane! I understand rooting for your team and being optimistic, but let's get real! There is no way, let me repeat that, there is no way...that the Phins will finish above the Bills this year.

buffalofanatic said:
You're insane! I understand rooting for your team and being optimistic, but let's get real! There is no way, let me repeat that, there is no way...that the Phins will finish above the Bills this year.

And based on that logic, I hope that the phins do go 9-7 as long as we get a tie breaker over the Jets and possibly the Pats.

Patsies like Beasts of the East again

:nesucks: I hate to say this, but I agree with the other posters who say that until somebody proves they're better than the Patsies, ya gotta go with the SB champs. I think that they won't be as dominant as last season, and I don't think they'll win the SB this year, but they're still the best in the East.

The Jets and Bills will fight it out for 2nd and 3rd. The Jests have put together a couple of good seasons, even made the playoffs and left their fans dreaming SB dreams for this year. That means, of course, that it's about time for the Jests to do what they do best -- disappoint their fans again. The Jests are also a streaky team, meaning that they may very well look like SB champs for half a season, and sand-lotters the other half. :lol:

If the Bills had a QB who was an actual sophomore, I think they'd be the team to challenge the Patsies, but I think that Losman is just too raw to do it this season. On the other hand, he's both bright and hard working, and he seems to take coaching well -- three ingredients that can really make a young QB come up to snuff fast. Losman already has "pocket presence", so if he can avoid losing games, the Bills have the D and ST to not only get to the playoffs, but do some damage there. I don't think they will, but then -- you never know! :clap:

After the debacle of last season, plus a new coaching staff, a new defensive system, a leaky o-line, less than adequate QBing, and good ol' Ricky taking up space on the roster (8 yards on 5 carries against the Bears????), it's not realistic to think that the Phins are going to do better than 8-8, and that might be a stretch given that they play 6 games against divisional rivals that are playoff caliber or close to it. :boohoo:

NE 12-4 (if they drop at all)
NYJ 10-6 (if penny and law stay healthy)
MIA 8-8 (sorry, but hey it beats last year)
BUF 7-9 (JP needs some experience)

bills12-4 said:
i cant belive you guys honestley think you will be better than last in the division. You guys have 3rd stringers fighiting for the starting QB position. You have one guy who can catch (randy) and your defense is a bunch od ols has beens...

That's not what I was laughing at, guy.

We very well might finish last.

I was laughing that you think the bills will be 12-4. :lol:

:roflmao: Whew...I gotta stop.

DolphinDevil28 said:
That's not what I was laughing at, guy.

We very well might finish last.

I was laughing that you think the bills will be 12-4. :lol:

:roflmao: Whew...I gotta stop.
What's worse, a bills fan thinking his team will go 12-4, or the gazillions of fin fans thinking their team will go 12-4?

Wagon Circler said:
What's worse, a bills fan thinking his team will go 12-4, or the gazillions of fin fans thinking their team will go 12-4?

They sound about equal to me right now, because both teams have much to prove.

And don't say the Dolphins have more questions, because that would be silly.

Wagon Circler said:

P.S.

Your avatar and the text in your sig VERY MUCH SO contradict each other.
It's quite funny. ;)

DolphinDevil28 said:
They sound about equal to me right now, because both teams have much to prove.

And don't say the Dolphins have more questions, because that would be silly.

How is it silly...

The Bills have a top 3 D, there are NO holes on our defense, not a single guy I'm not comfortable with going into the season.

The offense has one ?? at LT, and a big ?? at QB. Aside from that we are fine everywhere...

I'm not gonna go through the Fins, but you all know there are more problems than that.

Losman7 said:
How is it silly...

The Bills have a top 3 D, there are NO holes on our defense, not a single guy I'm not comfortable with going into the season.

The offense has one ?? at LT, and a big ?? at QB. Aside from that we are fine everywhere...

I'm not gonna go through the Fins, but you all know there are more problems than that.

top 3 might be stretching it a bit but you have a top 5-10 type D.

nyjunc said:

We've been top 2 for the last two year...whats changed except our young guys (Kelsay, McGee) have more experiance...

We won't miss Pat Williams much with Edwards and Anderson filling in, they are more the qualified.

Plus we'll have Vincent with some practice at FS, and he and Milloy will be healthy unlike last year.

I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to finish in the top 3, we have been.

nyjunc said:

Seeing that the Bills had the #2 ranked D last year and led the NFL in turnovers, top 3 is a stretch?

Plus/ Negative:

Negative: Lost Pat Williams- He was a good player but did only play about half the snaps.

Positive: Get Lawyer Milloy and Troy Vincent the entire year at the safety positions...both missed a lot of time last year due to injury.

Emergence of : Terrence McGee & Chris Kelsay: Two young starters last year look like they will both play at a higher level than last year.

Overall I think our D will be better this year.

Losman7 said:
We've been top 2 for the last two year...whats changed except our young guys (Kelsay, McGee) have more experiance...

We won't miss Pat Williams much with Edwards and Anderson filling in, they are more the qualified.

Plus we'll have Vincent with some practice at FS, and he and Milloy will be healthy unlike last year.

I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to finish in the top 3, we have been.

#2 in yards but #8 in points allowed and PA is more important.

Back
Top Bottom