AFC Playoffs are set | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC Playoffs are set

TampaFinsFan01

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am getting so tired of hearing "its only two games" and all of that nonsense that I am going to go on the record right now and predict that the AFC Playoff teams.

IMO, the only X-factor is Baltimore. Other than them, its SD, Jax, Indy, Cincy, Pittsburgh and NE. And I think Baltimore has had the luxury of playing two of the worst teams in the league in the first two weeks and I think McNair won't stay healthy all year.

So here it is....King of the Naysayers laying it on the line for the Pollyanna Brigade to tear me up if I am wrong.

This is how confident I am of what I've seen in two weeks; and on my ability to make reasoned judgements with this limited amount of data.

If I am totally wrong, then you guys can dismiss everything I say from here out. If I am right, I don't think any of you will be able to credibly use the "its only been two weeks" arguement ever again.

although i dont think we are totally hopeless i think some people are taking 0-2 too lightly

The AFC playoffs are not set. Sure you're right as of right now those teams are the favorites minus Pitt. they're 1-1. Buffalo handed us more of a beating than they did at our own house and nobody is calling them playoff contenders.

If we go down 0-3, we are in big trouble. If not, we still have a chance. It all depends on the QB, Oline, Secondary, and most imporantly, coaching. If we get better at at least 3 of those 4 positions, QB being an obvious MUST, then we will still be contenders til year's end.

hey man. I just wanna see them all fighting again. Personally, this just ain't our year. By the years end, all i want is reassurance that Dauntes back to health, that our oline knows what it needs, and our secondary expirement pans out.

BigDogsHunt said:
Why wait?

:lol: Thats the point, Big Dog. No one is waiting. Everyone is jumping in calling me and others names. So I am going to the edge of the earth to attempt to prove my theory--sort of like Columbus when he went out to prove the earth wasn't flat. If I fall of the edge, then you Flat-Earthers are correct. If I don't, then I'll have the last word. Its just a challenge really. One I think I am up for.

I think I may have already took part in the dismisal of your theroies and opinions. I can't remember what it was about, but I recognize your name from something else. You were probably one of the ones claiming we are the worst team in football after the Pittsburgh game. As for the Bucs being one of the wosrt teams, I don't know about that.

Injuries injuries injuries!! Its just not that simple 2 weeks in.

Jacksonville is a good team, but lets see them on the road.

SD is a good team, but lets see them against someone other than Oakland and the Titans.

Steelers, Cincy, and Baltimore are good teams, but they play 4 games against eachother. That division is crazy. Winner might be 9-7 or atmost 10-6.

Indy will roll to the playoffs if Manning stays healthy. IMo, thats the only lock, plus 3 other division winners.

1 wildcard WILL be 9-7, which IMO will keep a lot of teams alive.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I think I may have already took part in the dismisal of your theroies and opinions. I can't remember what it was about, but I recognize your name from something else. You were probably one of the ones claiming we are the worst team in football after the Pittsburgh game. As for the Bucs being one of the wosrt teams, I don't know about that.

After the Pittsburgh game, I started a post saying I thought the best we could do was 9-7. So no, it wasn't me claiming we were the worst team in football.

But I am glad you manned up and admitted that you are dissing me. You may be right. I may be totally out of my mind...but you may be wrong. And if you are, we'll be in touch. :D

TampaFinsFan01 said:
:lol: Thats the point, Big Dog. No one is waiting. Everyone is jumping in calling me and others names. So I am going to the edge of the earth to attempt to prove my theory--sort of like Columbus when he went out to prove the earth wasn't flat. If I fall of the edge, then you Flat-Earthers are correct. If I don't, then I'll have the last word. Its just a challenge really. One I think I am up for.

Well I am not sure who is calling you a name or bashing you for stating an over the top opinion.

We are both Dolphins Fans, I read and only respond if I can attempt to bring something to the discussion. Lots of stuff I simply dont respond. My above response was in jest to point out that dismissing your perspective is easier than trying to convince you of an opposing view unless you have an open mind.

I gather you dont like DC as a QB. Fine. You base this view of him on his past performance with Minn and conclude that his future will not exceed his past.

Let me ask you. Can you name other players that have contributed to a SB where prior to that you held this similar believe? A QB or not, did someone surprise you and play above the level you limited them to, get in the proper situation and franchise and actually improve their play and performance and win the SB?

Also, when that happened, was it a case that the player in question actually played above their level, or were they talented enough to begin with but you simply judged them on win/loss and not execution or talent correctly to begin with?

If so, perhaps it will happen again?

Aqua4Ever04 said:

And you're probably one of the biggest blind faith homers i've ever seen on this board. You think that makes you a great fan or something?

We all buy Dolphins gear, we watch all of their games, you're no bigger of a fin fan, than Tampa, or me, or anyone else, no matter how blindly you choose to follow this team.

DaBills4life said:
Injuries injuries injuries!! Its just not that simple 2 weeks in.

Jacksonville is a good team, but lets see them on the road.

SD is a good team, but lets see them against someone other than Oakland and the Titans.

Steelers, Cincy, and Baltimore are good teams, but they play 4 games against eachother. That division is crazy. Winner might be 9-7 or atmost 10-6.

Indy will roll to the playoffs if Manning stays healthy. IMo, thats the only lock, plus 3 other division winners.

Its not simple at all, Bills4life. Thats whats going to be so impressive if I am right. I am taking issue with these people who are saying "its only one game" or "its only two weeks in". I know this. But I also know that some things can be defined with limited data.

Take SD. You make an excellent point..they've only played Tn and Oak. But they have a winning recipe...the run the football and they play good defense. That (still) wins in this league. And that kid Merriman might have 25 sacks this season. He's that damn good.

I agree that its a 3 team race in the AFC North (thats why I included Balt as an X factor). But I just see McNair getting hurt before the season is over, and Boller is a mess.

Back
Top Bottom