AFC Playoffs are set | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC Playoffs are set

brandon1986 said:
great post,im 19 so what, i love any team i root for in any sport, i criticize too, but it is constructive and not saying the team sucks and we are losers no

i am going to stick by my team if the "fans" want to cry like babies and talk about how daunte and the rest of the teams are losers more power to them

i am happy being a "homer" as someone saw fit to label

You're really growing on me Brandon. (Except that whole Yankee/ARod thing. :wink:) We aren't homers, a homer is someone who would consider their Oakland Raiders a playoff team. The thing with all these nay sayers, is that just 2 weeks ago, they were saying we were for sure a playoff team and possibly Super Bowl team. It's a joke how quickly they have turned. Here's to be a loyal and SUPPORTIVE fan!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Age doesn't have anything to do with is. And you're only 3 years older than me so I don't know who you're calling kid. I'm talking about loyality, knowledge and support. You obviously have none of the 3.

I'm calling you a kid. Only a kid would say something as ignorant, and unfounded as "i'm a better fan than you." I don't give a crap if you're 18
or 81. That comment was unnecessary and proof that you're grasping at straws. What makes you think i'm unloyal, unknowledgabe or unsupportive? Because I don't share the homerotica that you're obviously engulfed by? Does that make me less of a fan now?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Age doesn't have anything to do with is. And you're only 3 years older than me so I don't know who you're calling kid. I'm talking about loyality, knowledge and support. You obviously have none of the 3.

I have a son that is two years older than you, so I will be the one calling you a kid. Is that ok? And how do you know that anyone on this board has loyalty, knowledge, or support? How can you possibly know that?

So you're just making these opinions to upset those that are saying that you're aren't a fan. So, you're basically fueling the fire. You've noted by your posts after the original thread that you're not totally confident, but you'll just make the predictions, and if you're right you can tell everyone off, but if not, well it was only 2 weeks in. Dude, how about you just calm down, and let the season ride out. Teams have started off poorly and come back. I'm not saying you're not a fan. I think what you've shown is to be annoying.

HelloMotto said:
maybe in madden 2007. there are alot of games left rookie

Hell, now I am a rookie? Geez. I watched my first Fins game (at least that I remember) in 1971 and now I am a lowly rookie. Man...this sucks. Can I at least be a 2nd year guy?

KuD said:
I'm calling you a kid. Only a kid would say something as ignorant, and unfounded as "i'm a better fan than you." I don't give a crap if you're 18
or 81. That comment was unnecessary and proof that you're grasping at straws. What makes you think i'm unloyal, unknowledgabe or unsupportive? Because I don't share the homerotica that you're obviously engulfed by? Does that make me less of a fan now?

Based on reading posts you have made. I haven't seen you say anything intelligent or in any form of contirbution to this site. Only that the team is garbage and blah blah blah.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
:lol: Thats the point, Big Dog. No one is waiting. Everyone is jumping in calling me and others names. So I am going to the edge of the earth to attempt to prove my theory--sort of like Columbus when he went out to prove the earth wasn't flat. If I fall of the edge, then you Flat-Earthers are correct. If I don't, then I'll have the last word. Its just a challenge really. One I think I am up for.

Another ego "PickMe, Pick Me"

Why be a fin fan if all you want is to whine?

Why is it I get the sense you want them to lose now so you can say you were right?

Make yourself be happy choose the top team every year and you will never be disappointed. It is sports, things dont always fall your way, get over it. Me, I am a fin fan thru and thru and while I know there are big concerns, I choose to continue to hope for the best.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
I have a son that is two years older than you, so I will be the one calling you a kid. Is that ok? And how do you know that anyone on this board has loyalty, knowledge, or support? How can you possibly know that?

I base it on what I read. There are several members on here I will read a post they have written just because of their name. The same goes in the opposite direction for some. You and Kud and flirting dangerously close with the bad line. :wink:

Aqua4Ever04 said:
You're really growing on me Brandon. (Except that whole Yankee/ARod thing. :wink:) We aren't homers, a homer is someone who would consider their Oakland Raiders a playoff team. The thing with all these nay sayers, is that just 2 weeks ago, they were saying we were for sure a playoff team and possibly Super Bowl team. It's a joke how quickly they have turned. Here's to be a loyal and SUPPORTIVE fan!

have to stay with the yanks, i have been a yankee fan since i can remember

but you can be a fan and have constructive criticism, i said that i didnt like the play calling so far, but to say this is all dauntes fault, or bench cpep for harrington

you are right about how people were saying we were a playoff team and a sb contender, now we are frauds we suck and all that bull****?

if you think they are losers why watch? why do you watch, i will watch the phins if they go 0-16 and still say i see good things

i said we did better on defense against the bills then we did against the steelers, i said we should run more, i can have criticism without bashing the team

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Why don't you re-read some of your posts. You're the one who is saying the playoffs are set after 2 games of football. You're the one killing them softly my friend. Care to tell us who the playoff teams will be in 2007? You seem to know where every one is going to finish and essentially draft. Go ahead, enlighten me.

Give me two weeks into the 07 season, and I'll damn sure try my best.

Let me ask you....are no trends starting to show in the AFC in your mind?

I'll admit to you that the NFC is a mess. I have no idea. But the AFC...Denver is looking less than dominant. So is KC. So is Miami. I think we pretty much can write Houston, Tenn, Cleveland, and Oakland out. Theres only 16 teams and thats 25% of them that I think most of us would agree on. I think most people would agree that Indy, Jax, and NE are most probably in. There's only 6 playoff spots. If we agree on those four that are out and those three teams that are in......We're only talking about sifting three teams from 9.

For me, its easy to deduce that the Jets, Buffalo, Miami, Denver, KC have all been less than stellar or have issues (Pennington's health, Losman as QB, Trent Green's concussion, Plummer's inconsitency,) that make it uphill for these teams. That only leaves Baltimore as an X factor.

Could I be wrong? Yeah, sure. It wouldn't be the first time. But its logical. There is a case to be made after week two that the AFC playoffs are looking like 7 identifiable teams battling for 6 spots.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Based on reading posts you have made. I haven't seen you say anything intelligent or in any form of contirbution to this site. Only that the team is garbage and blah blah blah.

That might have something to do with the fact that you've only read posts from my since, two days ago? i've been one of the most optimistic fans on this board since I joined this site, over two years ago. But since you've read posts from me for 2 days that you don't agree with, you think that's enough to pass judgement on me as a fan. Alright. :lol:

Fact of the matter is i'm fed up with all this, "It's ok." "The sky isn't falling." "Be patient." crap. I'm tired of the Culpepper hugging, and the Saban worshipping. And i'm tired of waiting for my team to get their heads out of their ***. I was once a blind faith fan like you, and then something clicked in my brain and I said to myself, "Why in the hell am I submitting myself to this the abuse my favorite team subjects me too every freakin year?" I'm tired of being that kind of fan. It just makes me miserable.

Sitting back and being patient isn't going to work. Being hard on this team and demanding results will. Hell that's been the Dolphins fans M.O. for many years. We may be a fickle bunch but the fact that we demand success is what has made our team winners for most of their existance.

Oh and if you're looking for a "positive" post from me, take a look at the first post by me in this thread genius.

the patriots have not looked great at all, they faced buffalo a good d and almost lost, they played the jets a bad team and almost lost, who is to say we dont get hot fix the problems and surprise the pats and win?

you said you could be wrong, but you already said the playoffs are set

so what is it? the playoffs are set or the playoffs are set but i may be wrong

rdhstlr23 said:
So you're just making these opinions to upset those that are saying that you're aren't a fan. So, you're basically fueling the fire. You've noted by your posts after the original thread that you're not totally confident, but you'll just make the predictions, and if you're right you can tell everyone off, but if not, well it was only 2 weeks in. Dude, how about you just calm down, and let the season ride out. Teams have started off poorly and come back. I'm not saying you're not a fan. I think what you've shown is to be annoying.

You are not nearly getting what I am saying. If I am annoying, maybe its because I get annoyed at so many saying "nothing matters" yet. Thats why I am making this prediction. Not too piss people off, not to tell them off, not to fuel a fire. I see a trend in the AFC. After two weeks. We'll see if I am right or not.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
If you look back on the Pittsburgh game, on his first INT (by Palomalu) if he leads Chambers, I think CC scores. He had his guy beat. He also had a good look for a TD at the end of the first half. So while not entirely his fault, if Tom Brady was our QB, we win that game.

To date, he hasn't made one play for us, and has made several plays that have cost us. And IMO, that fact is so obvious is almost hysterically hilarious tha everyone doesn't see it.

Do you get to see film of the game following what you saw? Do you ever watch the film from the game or only watch it once on TV or see it live and try remember what you think you saw?

Because, while I understand these are your views and opinions, both are inaccurrate to the facts.

TP made a great play, but sorry unless TP wasnt physically there it wasnt going for a TD. DC threw a great pass, and put it on the money, except TP made a better play and picked it off. He didnt throw it behind CC, watch the film, TP took it at the high point and it makes it seem that CC was reaching back for the ball, when in fact he was reacting to TP leaping for INT, not the ball.

Pure speculation on what Brady would or wouldnt do. Every team is unique and perceived talent means nothing to how they would or wouldnt fit in this organization, anymore than how they fit in their own. I suspect if Pitt lost in game 1 Pitt fans would claim Big Ben would never have lost. And in week 2, I bet a few Pitt fans are saying dang Batch would have won that game. Its speculative, pointless, and typical of fans when a L goes on the board vs. a W.

Plus, during the the scoring drives for Miami, including the drive following the Pitt fumble, DC made some great throws, and did in fact make play after play for us.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
Against Buffalo, I don't know. He made some bonehead plays, and I think he didn't make some plays that could have gone for at least positive yards. And then, who knows?

Yes, he made some boneheaded plays, the INT especially. Thats obvious and I am sure if asked he would state that he would love to have that pass back. But regardless his play alone did not cost us the game. The film has shown that also.

Clearly, I am not implying DC hasnt underperformed during these two games and contributed to leaving points on the field. But right now, I see this team beating itself up and down the roster vs. our opponents beating us. Very few individual players or units as a whole are without sin here.

And that includes our staff as well. Improvement has to happen, no doubt. I just cant label DC as our biggest problem right now. I am not sure if you are either, but clearly you feel he is higher up on the "problem" list then I have him slotted.

Back
Top Bottom