AFC Playoffs are set | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC Playoffs are set

BigDogsHunt said:
Well I am not sure who is calling you a name or bashing you for stating an over the top opinion.

We are both Dolphins Fans, I read and only respond if I can attempt to bring something to the discussion. Lots of stuff I simply dont respond. My above response was in jest to point out that dismissing your perspective is easier than trying to convince you of an opposing view unless you have an open mind.

I gather you dont like DC as a QB. Fine. You base this view of him on his past performance with Minn and conclude that his future will not exceed his past.

Let me ask you. Can you name other players that have contributed to a SB where prior to that you held this similar believe? A QB or not, did someone surprise you and play above the level you limited them to, get in the proper situation and franchise and actually improve their play and performance and win the SB?

Also, when that happened, was it a case that the player in question actually played above their level, or were they talented enough to begin with but you simply judged them on win/loss and not execution or talent correctly to begin with?

If so, perhaps it will happen again?

If your point is "Is there any possible way that DC can turn it around and be a SB QB" I would only say I guess its possible. Not probable. But anything is possible. Its possible that Cleo Lemon could be the next Jake Delhomme.

KuD said:
And you're probably one of the biggest blind faith homers i've ever seen on this board. You think that makes you a great fan or something?

We all buy Dolphins gear, we watch all of their games, you're no bigger of a fin fan, than Tampa, or me, or anyone else, no matter how blindly you choose to follow this team.

isnt following your team what a fan does? not bash them and say they are a useless bunch?

brandon1986 said:
isnt following your team what a fan does? not bash them and say they are a useless bunch?

Great post Brandon. I am sick of all these guys coming in here telling us we're not fans or we're homers. No, it's not that. It's that we support this team in WHATEVER it does. I still watched the team in the 2004 season when they were the worst they've ever been.

Note to some: Stop the bashing and start the supporting!

I respect anyone that has the stones to let it all hang out just 2 weeks into the season like that, but even if you're 100% right, what does that prove? Are you suggesting that you have a scientific formula and the regular season only needs to be 2 games long?

After all, according to you, if you're proved right those other 14 games were just a huge waste of time for everyone involved.

Like I said, I respect you taking a strong stand but my personal theory is that if you are proved right, that just makes you an exceptional guesser! :D

brandon1986 said:

Yes, following your team is what a fan does. Its questioning others loyalty to that team because of how they choose to react that gets you "homers" in trouble with those that are more.....honest....about our teams performances.

KuD said:
And you're probably one of the biggest blind faith homers i've ever seen on this board. You think that makes you a great fan or something?

We all buy Dolphins gear, we watch all of their games, you're no bigger of a fin fan, than Tampa, or me, or anyone else, no matter how blindly you choose to follow this team.

I know for a fact I am a BETTER fan than you. Like I said, I support this team to the fullest and always have faith in them. If you knew me, you wouldn't have created this ridiculous post. You're a disgrace to the Dolphin nation.

EDIT: Almost forgot, you're also the one that said winning football games is more important than helping those less fortunate than us.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
If your point is "Is there any possible way that DC can turn it around and be a SB QB" I would only say I guess its possible. Not probable. But anything is possible. Its possible that Cleo Lemon could be the next Jake Delhomme.

Of course its possible. As its highly probable that others that didnt meet your likings have proven you incorrect of your initial view. Correct?

So you would rather complain and nay-say about him as our QB then watch, root, and evaluate him in context with the whole teams current performance?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Great post Brandon. I am sick of all these guys coming in here telling us we're not fans or we're homers. No, it's not that. It's that we support this team in WHATEVER it does. I still watched the team in the 2004 season when they were the worst they've ever been.

Note to some: Stop the bashing and start the supporting!

:sidelol: Oh you young kids.

I will always be a Fins fan. A die hard loyal to-the-end-of-my-life Fins fan. But I won't always say nice things about them "WHATEVER it does". No. Thats not me. I will offer critiques, criticisms, and opinions on whatever I think is the state of the team. When you've been a fan of the Fins for 30+ years, you'll earn that right as well.

brandon1986 said:

Yes following a team is what a fan does, that's why we're all here, what's your point? My problem is with fans that take the "everything is going to be ok approach." "it's just two games." If this were the NBA or MLB the 2 game thing is understandable. In football two games has significant importance. If we're still winless by week 6 I bet you there'd still be some of those same people. Hell, it happened when we were
4-12 on these boards. It doesn't make you less of a fan to be realistic. It's ok to follow your team with a little bit of skepticism. Especially now, when we do look like a "useless bunch."

[mod] No personal attacks! [/mod]

TampaFinsFan01 said:
I am getting so tired of hearing "its only two games" and all of that nonsense that I am going to go on the record right now and predict that the AFC Playoff teams.

IMO, the only X-factor is Baltimore. Other than them, its SD, Jax, Indy, Cincy, Pittsburgh and NE. And I think Baltimore has had the luxury of playing two of the worst teams in the league in the first two weeks and I think McNair won't stay healthy all year.

So here it is....King of the Naysayers laying it on the line for the Pollyanna Brigade to tear me up if I am wrong.

This is how confident I am of what I've seen in two weeks; and on my ability to make reasoned judgements with this limited amount of data.

If I am totally wrong, then you guys can dismiss everything I say from here out. If I am right, I don't think any of you will be able to credibly use the "its only been two weeks" arguement ever again.

the good teams will emerge later in the season, we will know who is good down the stretch because that is all that matters. all i have to say is look at last years steelers.

Nothing is certain in the NFL.

:lol: Thats the point, Big Dog. No one is waiting. Everyone is jumping in calling me and others names. So I am going to the edge of the earth to attempt to prove my theory--sort of like Columbus when he went out to prove the earth wasn't flat. If I fall of the edge, then you Flat-Earthers are correct. If I don't, then I'll have the last word. Its just a challenge really. One I think I am up for.

Columbus wasnt trying to prove that the earth wasn't flat, he thought he could find a faster route to Asia by sailing west, what he didn't know was that there were 2 continents and several islands in the way. Everyone knew the earth was round, Aristotle knew that the earth was round. I know thats not your point, but you should use another analogy.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I think I may have already took part in the dismisal of your theroies and opinions. I can't remember what it was about, but I recognize your name from something else. You were probably one of the ones claiming we are the worst team in football after the Pittsburgh game. As for the Bucs being one of the wosrt teams, I don't know about that.

Or maybe the guy that Gaurenteed a top 3 pick last season. These shmucks no nothing, especially two games in, ARE YOU SERIOUS?:fire:

jpcdolphan said:
I respect anyone that has the stones to let it all hang out just 2 weeks into the season like that, but even if you're 100% right, what does that prove? Are you suggesting that you have a scientific formula and the regular season only needs to be 2 games long?

After all, according to you, if you're proved right those other 14 games were just a huge waste of time for everyone involved.

Like I said, I respect you taking a strong stand but my personal theory is that if you are proved right, that just makes you an exceptional guesser! :D

I am not suggesting that the 14 games don't count. I am simply saying that the first two do as well.

And of course I am guessing...I am making a (highly) educated guess. But I am willing to do that because of all the heat some of us are taking for having strong opinions after "only two games". I think these games count. I think these games mean something. I think some conclusions can be drawn after two games. And I am not afraid to draw them.

you can judge performances, i do we played like **** against buffalo, but i am still going to root for my team i watched them and rooted for them when they were 4-12 why stop now?

constructive criticism is all right, if i am a "homer" then i am but i think of me and aqua4ever04 fans but if you see fit to label us, go ahead

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I know for a fact I am a BETTER fan than you. Like I said, I support this team to the fullest and always have faith in them. If you knew me, you wouldn't have created this ridiculous post. You're a disgrace to the Dolphin nation.

EDIT: Almost forgot, you're also the one that said winning football games is more important than helping those less fortunate than us.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: Oh my dear precious God this is indeed a wonderful country. You guys are KILLING me.

Back
Top Bottom