AFCE Coaches. | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFCE Coaches.

I'm glad your happy with your losses by 2 TDs. Jets fans really don't have any other choice.

I wasn't happy but I wasn't completely humiliated either.

Last time I checked, these were facts:

Since 1998:

Head to Head: NYJ 11 Mia 3
div titles: NYJ 2 Mia 1
AFC Title Game Apperances: NYJ 1 Mia 0
Humiliating Playoff Losses: NYJ 0 Mia 6

Last Playoff appearance: NYJ 2004 Mia 2001
Last div title: NYJ 2002 Mia 2000
Last AFC Title Game: NYJ 1998 Mia 1992

Since 1998:
Playoff records: NYJ 3-4, Mia 3-4
Reg season records: NYJ 64-48, Mia 64-48

You cannot get any closer than that.
:

Don't you think the 11-3 head to head results in favor of the Jets swing the tide in our favor?

The Dolphins have had one horrible year. I know its is commonplace for the Jets, but Dolphin fans aren't used to this.

it used to be commonplace but not anymore. What is commonplace now is the Jets making the playoffs and the dolphins missing the playoffs.

Give me a break. TWO 1000 yd season out of eight......The point is that they passed on JERRY RICE. How can you not call that a mistake? Al Toon was a good WR, but Jerry 'Friggin' Rice.

Jerry Rice would not have been Jerry Rice here, he would not have been nearly as good as after Toons first 4 years or so the team went downhill and we had no QBs, Rice would not be the all-time great Jerry Rice had he been here. Toon was a fine pick, it's not like we picked Lam Jones over Rice.

Quote please.

I saw it a long time ago, you'll have to give me time to dig it up but that is an absolute fact.

Face it, with the exception of 2003 (in favor of the Fins) and 2004 (in favor of the Jets), the Jets and the Fins have been pretty even over the last 7 or 8 seasons. Since 1998, their records are identical. You want to focus on 4 or 5 individual games, but overall, the facts support my argument.

That is true BUT we have been trending up and you guys down. We have dominated you winning 11 of 14 and we have been to the playoffs 3 of the past 4 years while you have missed the last 3 years.

nyjunc said:
Jerry Rice would not have been Jerry Rice here, he would not have been nearly as good as after Toons first 4 years or so the team went downhill and we had no QBs, Rice would not be the all-time great Jerry Rice had he been here. Toon was a fine pick, it's not like we picked Lam Jones over Rice.

No, you picked Lam Jones over Art Monk :roflmao:

I realize you set that one up for me, thanks.

nyjunc said:
That is true BUT we have been trending up and you guys down. We have dominated you winning 11 of 14 and we have been to the playoffs 3 of the past 4 years while you have missed the last 3 years.

You have recent history on your side and have had our number in head to head for way too long. I cannot deny that. Of course, it could all change in a season.

BTW, you seem like a pretty level headed Jets fan. Didn't mean for this to turn to smack, but with Fins and Jets it just seems to happen....

No, you picked Lam Jones over Art Monk

We got both since signed Art 14 years later :D

BTW, you seem like a pretty level headed Jets fan. Didn't mean for this to turn to smack, but with Fins and Jets it just seems to happen....

It's all in fun.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I beg to differ..... refer to Buffalo Bills 1990 - 1993.....

Or maybe they weren't an elite team after all? Lets see you squirm you way out of this one....
they were elite but they did get beat by better teams.

I really like herm edwards he seems like a stand up guy even if he is the coach for the jets someone I would not mind coaching for my team.

Justasportsfan said:

Hmmm.....

So when Miami losses a playoff game by a wide margin, they folded. When the Bills lose the SB by a wide margin, they simply got beat by a better team?

A little biased?

The Bills folded like a cheap suit.......especially the last three SBs.

Justasportsfan said:
I agree with that, they were definitely an elite team, but the fact that the Cowboys, Giants and Skins all had great teams, that took away from the fact that the Bills had a great team.

Back
Top Bottom