Age | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jbond

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
Ok....it seems as though 1/2 the threads I'm reading lately someone mentions some comment about someone's age in a critical or offending way. To me....this is getting quite old and it starting to turn into some kind of soap opera where people are trying to justify their opinions based upon their ages. I could be wrong but this site was created and is maintained for ALL Dolphins fans to post their opinions. If you feel your's is "better" then explain why. Maybe your older fans with more knowledge can help spread some....and I bet you that some younger fans know the game and history in some areas better then the older guys/girls. So, imho...can we cut out the crap about everyone's age? Thanks.

Muck/Tate/AJ & crew....know this isn't "fin" related and in the wrong thread forum but I just wanted this to be seen by many of the people on here b/c this has really gotten annoying lately with the age bashing comments.

--/James

Hmm. Hence me not giving mine out. I mean i've told people how old i am. but if you haven't seen those threads then you don't know. its as simple as that. if you don't know their age, then you can't assume the persons old or young.

Well, i can see if this maybe started because of someone younger making some obnoxious comment (I dont think it was me, i just joined), but i'm 14 years old, 15 in September and i am a huge fan of football and a huge fan of the Dolphins, i dont know as much as the older Dolphins fans because they sat and lived through the games while i mainly just heard about them. But i do try to keep up and i'm sorry if it was me who seemingly offended anyone for joining this forum and being so young.

chambers#1 said:
i dont want to be mean but if you are a dolphin fan why the phily avatar?

not that he needs me to answer...but its hockey. not football. and he lives in PA.

I dont have my own avatar or anything. I'm a Flyers, Sixers and Phillies fan but when it comes to Football i cant stand the Eagles and root for the team that had my favorite player growing up, Dan Marino, who i got the pleasure of seeing for about 4 years that i can remember. The Flyers stuff just gives me my own identity since i live near Philadelphia and am a Dolphins fan. Plus the NHL is coming back which excites me considering i'll have something to watch from January to May :)

I know that. I have just always found it strange when people pick teams that are not in thier region. I was born and raised in SFL , so I only root for the Marlins(braves before) . Heat(pacers before), dolphins , and Panthers.

FlyersCupCrazy said:
I dont have my own avatar or anything. I'm a Flyers, Sixers and Phillies fan but when it comes to Football i cant stand the Eagles and root for the team that had my favorite player growing up, Dan Marino, who i got the pleasure of seeing for about 4 years that i can remember. The Flyers stuff just gives me my own identity since i live near Philadelphia and am a Dolphins fan. Plus the NHL is coming back which excites me considering i'll have something to watch from January to May :)

yeah i live in PA too. In fact my story isn't far from yours. mom, dad, grandma, aunts. uncles, ALL eagles. I couldn't stand it. then Dan Marino came on a commerical with Daffy Duck when i was like 5. bam. dolphin fan for life.

FlyersCupCrazy said:

OK, just wandering. :confused:

chambers#1 said:
I know that. I have just always found it strange when people pick teams that are not in thier region. I was born and raised in SFL , so I only root for the Marlins(braves before) . Heat(pacers before), dolphins , and Panthers.

I was born in NY, and I'm still living there, so...There are a lot of Miami fans where I live, and in NYC, of course theres a bunch of Jets and Giants fans, but you'd be surprised how many Fin fans are there though compared to other teams, other than Jets, Giants. I went to a Miami bar/restaurant when I was down there.

Back
Top Bottom