Age | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban4prez said:
yeah i live in PA too. In fact my story isn't far from yours. mom, dad, grandma, aunts. uncles, ALL eagles. I couldn't stand it. then Dan Marino came on a commerical with Daffy Duck when i was like 5. bam. dolphin fan for life.

^ Hah, that's cool. So i'm not the only one with a story like that. But i've come to notice there are lots and lots of Miami fans outside of Florida, which i think is cool. I didn't just join the club for Dan Marino, my uncle who passed away in January, told me stories about the 70's Dolphins, and how good they were, and who all the good players were, Bob Griese, Paul Warfield, Larry Csonka, Manny Fernandez. He transfered all of his years of football knowledge into me, really got me into the sport, and i became a fan of a franchise with a great proud history, a really good, really loyal fan base, a team that has had my favorite NFL players so far Zach Thomas and Dan Marino, and that's how you turn someone from an Eagle crazy city into a Miami fan :)

FlyersCupCrazy said:
^ Hah, that's cool. So i'm not the only one with a story like that. But i've come to notice there are lots and lots of Miami fans outside of Florida, which i think is cool. I didn't just join the club for Dan Marino, my uncle who passed away in January, told me stories about the 70's Dolphins, and how good they were, and who all the good players were, Bob Griese, Paul Warfield, Larry Csonka, Manny Fernandez. He transfered all of his years of football knowledge into me, really got me into the sport, and i became a fan of a franchise with a great proud history, a really good, really loyal fan base, a team that has had my favorite NFL players so far Zach Thomas and Dan Marino, and that's how you turn someone from an Eagle crazy city into a Miami fan :)

nice to hear.:)

FlyersCupCrazy said:

or just say the words super bowl...

chambers#1 said:
I know that. I have just always found it strange when people pick teams that are not in thier region. I was born and raised in SFL , so I only root for the Marlins(braves before) . Heat(pacers before), dolphins , and Panthers.

Every case is different. In my case, I grew up watching the fins because my dad was always watching/rooting for them. He started watching the fins because he was stationed near Miami when he was in the service. You arent the guy who started a thread the other day claiming "you cant be a true dolfan unless you live in Miami" are you?

well I'm in my fifties and I know at least two things better than the younger guys... That leather helmets are not as good as the current ones and the single wing

MadLib said:
Every case is different. In my case, I grew up watching the fins because my dad was always watching/rooting for them. He started watching the fins because he was stationed near Miami when he was in the service. You arent the guy who started a thread the other day claiming "you cant be a true dolfan unless you live in Miami" are you?

no. I was just intrested in how people decide to pick teams that arent close by. It must be hard to see on TV. ;)

DolphinDevil28 said:
:roflmao:

I wanna see a thread with Yoda, the Hulkster and dominizzo conversing back and forth.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

OMG that would be the GREATEST thread ever

chambers#1 said:
no. I was just intrested in how people decide to pick teams that arent close by. It must be hard to see on TV. ;)

especially this year with no primetime slots at all...wahoo...even though we sucked last year, we did beat the pats and browns on primetime tv. i had secretly hoped that would buy us a primetime game somewhere.

Well you also have to understand, that i grew up in England so it was like living away from Philadelphia anyway, i followed the Dolphins by watching scores really late at night on t.v in England, and they did play Monday Night Football games which i enjoyed. So i dont really have to be an Eagles fan, then i moved back to america, and Philadelphia still wasn't really an out of the like woodwork football town, since the Eagles hadn't been as close to good as they are now. It was more of a Hockey town and of course the Phillies were loved until they got cheap. But now it's all football since the Birds win, but i had already liked Miami.

chambers#1 said:
I know that. I have just always found it strange when people pick teams that are not in thier region. I was born and raised in SFL , so I only root for the Marlins(braves before) . Heat(pacers before), dolphins , and Panthers.

I was born and raised in Tempe, Az. I have been a Dolphins Fan since 76 because of an ASU player named Benny Malone. I travel to Dolphin games every year. I root for the Cardinals, D-Backs, Coyotes and Suns. But i have been a fan to long to quit my Dolphins. just because the kid is from Philly doesnt make him any less of a fan than you. Believe me there are many fans across this country that support The Dolphins more than many people living in South Florida. So why is it strange?

Saban4prez said:
especially this year with no primetime slots at all...wahoo...even though we sucked last year, we did beat the pats and browns on primetime tv. i had secretly hoped that would buy us a primetime game somewhere.

especially since our D kept us in a lot of games. It was those darn INT's return for tds that killed us.:fire:

The Dolphins have one of the most strongest fan bases across the country, at away games you see lots of Miami fans in the crowd, and of course on forums like this you see people who really know lots about the team and aren't even remotely close to Miami. There isn't anything wrong with rooting for another team from another city. At least i dont think so anyway....

BTW: I'm heading out now guys, i'm tired. I'll be back sometime tomorrow to see whats new with the Phins, nice talking with you guys, see ya all later

chambers#1 said:

Region has nothing to do with teams that you like...

I've been a Dolhins fan for 20 years, a Boston Bruins fan since birth and an Oakland Athletics fan since the mid 80's...I live in Vancouver B.C....a little out of range of all those teams.

76AZFINFAN said:
I was born and raised in Tempe, Az. I have been a Dolphins Fan since 76 because of an ASU player named Benny Malone. I travel to Dolphin games every year. I root for the Cardinals, D-Backs, Coyotes and Suns. But i have been a fan to long to quit my Dolphins. just because the kid is from Philly doesnt make him any less of a fan than you. Believe me there are many fans across this country that support The Dolphins more than many people living in South Florida. So why is it strange?

Im not saying he is not as much of a fan. I was just wandering how people who dont live here get into our team. :tongue:

i agree completely....this is a Miami Dolphin fan site... most people do not know each other and by looking at their age it shows who the immature ones are(not the young ones). age doesnt matter... knowledge and fan support does

Back
Top Bottom