"Air Apparent" on the way... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Air Apparent" on the way...

Phintasy said:
First of all...there's no way Minny will part with Daunte after they shipped Moss out of town in favor of him. The had (arguably) the best WR all time, and definitely the most explosive...and opted to ship him out of town and allow "Daunte" to be the heart and soul of the team. True he hasn't played well this year, but I think they'll play well down the stretch.

Secondly...I lived in NC for ten years up until this past April, and had the opportunity to watch Rivers...and if you think he's lacking the "tools" you don't know jack about him. He has an "odd" throwing motion, but oh by the way...so did Danny back in the day. If SD chooses Brees, which I think they will simply because LT and he are buds...then someone's going to get a really good QB in Rivers. If Rivers were coming out this year he'd be at the very least the #2 QB selected, and in my opinion he's got more talent than Matt at USC.

I've been hoping we'd trade for Rivers for some time...and if we can get him for our #1 and some cash...why not? There aren't many quality tackles in the draft this year outside Ferguson, and the only other need we have worthy of a high #1...which it seems we'll have again, is a young stud D-lineman. The guaranteed money paid to high number 1's is a big factor. I don't want to pay big dollars for ONE O-lineman (sans a stud LT), a DB, or one of the skill positions we already have a good player at. (RB/WR/TE/) That leaves a LT, D-lineman, or stud linebacker. We still have Zach...and we drafted Crowder, and I see Saban's still current knowledge of the college players coming out as an advantage for finding late round gems like Channing.

I say trade the #1 and some cash for Rivers and use 2-7 on O-line, D-line, and DB's.

Just my 2 cents.

Im totally on the Rivers bandwagon my self......I actually think I read somewhere that he has the quickest release..since........the man!!!

Very true...and if you look back when Danny had his brief stint in our front office is was early in the college scouting process...and Danny went to the senior bowl and became quite a fan of Phillip...

If he's good enough for Dan he's good enough for me.

Superself said:
I hope we do not get Rivers. He has been a bust so far in San Diego...and I hear Charger fans can't wait to offload him onto some desperate team willing to give up the world for him.

Isn't that the same thing they were saying about Brees after the first couple of years when he was stinking up San Diego?

Werd...

outlawd2u said:
I'm hoping For D-Brickashaw Ferguson, and the Best option at QB we can get after that, but if we're going to spend a #1 draft pick on a QB, AND the Rumors are true(which I still don't think they are) then we need to get..............CULLPEPPER!!!!!!!

Can I get an A-MEN!

Back
Top Bottom