Ajayi Trade this Year's Thomas Cut? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi Trade this Year's Thomas Cut?

In a related story, Adam Gase has said that he is unhappy with the attitude of whoever they will draft with the Eagles fourth round pick next year and is currently shopping it for something in the sixth round.

Reactions: BSQ
How you getting all this information JD?

Well as I said, in one case, one incident was reported by a national media guy who was at the game. In other cases, read Twitter or ask around. I will just say that the stories going around are pretty bad and it's obvious that the team + Jay needed to part ways. You ever hear that sometimes a player needs a change of scenery? I definitely think that's the case here.

This is what I don't understand.....if Ajayi had an attitude problem and his and the team's play was effected because of it, why were Williams and Drake still not getting touches?

Just seems like to me that there is something in between an either/or situation of a guy being the only guy running the ball and the guy getting cut.

Recall Gase's press conference last Friday? In which he stated that he had made compromises in the past for some of his 'best' players and he wasn't going to do it anymore? There's pretty clearly a strong link there.

Well the story about him walking off the field vs the Jets in a huff because he wasn't getting enough carries during our 4th quarter comeback is on the record. The other stuff is not.

Let me just put it to you this way: If a player's response to coaching when he gets his assignment wrong is to say "What are you gonna do about it? Cut me?" then I am NEVER going to blame the coach or front office for that player being off the team a short while later.

It's more than the Jets situation. Remember the handful of games at the beginning of last season
Remember Gase leaving him home. These hissy fits shouldn't be a surprise

Two sides to every story. I wouldn't be so quick to jump on Ajayi's attitude without knowing how he's been treated. We don't know what pushed him over the top to enable to whatever happened to happen.

I think Gase's ego is being severely underrated in this situation.

Doesn't matter how well you run the ball if you can't block or catch...and if your a cancer.

This is a team game...the ultimate team game.

I applaud Gase for having the courage to make the move...it will pay off.

I thought Ajai was a stud. Loved when he had it going on in games as I love physical running and power football when it's my team doling out the punishment.

Having said that, let's be honest about something. There are 300 pound lineman in the league that look more natural attempting to haul in a short pass and there are backs who pickup blitzes better. He really is a one dimensional player. There is nothing wrong with that either - one of the best one-dimensional power backs in the league. Was happy to see him score for the Eagles and hope he has a great rest of his career. But his getting traded is going to be minor for us in the grand scheme of things.

I think Ajai leaving had more to do with Gase wanting his backs to be more multi dimensional to move the offense. He wanted CJ Anderson from Denver a while back.
Also, if I'm Ajai, im not complaining about not enough touches, I'm complaining about the OL and no running yards.
I think Gase realized Ajai wasn't in the long term plans and got something while he had value.

Back
Top Bottom