**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread **** | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

Getting close....Trojans..get ready....Lanes back!!!

In addition, Max Browne is a very inexperienced quarterback. He'll be getting the first start of his career against this defense in Dallas. Not good.

However, he's a big, tall, strong armed pocket passer with an NFL skillset. If he's able to somewhat successfully navigate his way through Alabama's defense and avoid disaster, he'll build on that throughout the season. If he does that, I believe Max Browne will be the guy in 2016 that comes from obscurity to find his name at the top of NFL team's wish lists.

Mr.Browne....meet Mr. Williams. ..

Does Scarbrough have speed or is he pure power? Kids a monster.

Does Scarbrough have speed or is he pure power? Kids a monster.

More speed and wiggle(if someone that size can have wiggle)..we shall see...I'm of the mind,that Henry was often overlooked for how special he really was.

In addition, Max Browne is a very inexperienced quarterback. He'll be getting the first start of his career against this defense in Dallas. Not good.

However, he's a big, tall, strong armed pocket passer with an NFL skillset. If he's able to somewhat successfully navigate his way through Alabama's defense and avoid disaster, he'll build on that throughout the season. If he does that, I believe Max Browne will be the guy in 2016 that comes from obscurity to find his name at the top of NFL team's wish lists.
Any thoughts as to why Saban never seems to get a prolific passer or top end athlete playing QB in his recruiting classes? If Browne develops as you hope, he'd be the first on NFL wish lists in quite a while that I can recall.

Any thoughts as to why Saban never seems to get a prolific passer or top end athlete playing QB in his recruiting classes? If Browne develops as you hope, he'd be the first on NFL wish lists in quite a while that I can recall.

Its pretty true for most SEC programs....you have Kelly and maybe Dobbs that are good and outside of that...?

Max Browne plays for USC not Alabama. But to answer your question, I just think for Saban it's more important that a quarterback facilitate, manage the game, be a steady leader, and not go out and try to do too much. At least that was the case when he had McElwain or Nussmeier as offensive coordinator. It's probably a little different now with Lane Kiffin. His offense requires a quarterback with a different skillset than the previous two OC's. We might be seeing a freshman start for Alabama at quarterback this season. Jalen Hurts is a freak.

However, nobody else in the country has the talent and depth Saban has at Alabama. They can't just line up and win championships with the same formula that he can win with at Alabama. They need the Deshawn Watsons and Jameis Winstons or Marcus Mariotas to win.

Saban's job is to win championships, not necessarily to get prolific passers or top end athletes playing QB. I think he might be ok there.

Saban probably doesn't mind everybody else talking about how prolific and great their quarterback is. He better be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its pretty true for most SEC programs....you have Kelly and maybe Dobbs that are good and outside of that...?

I think that's pretty true for every conference. You might have two QB's that are good, the rest are unproven or just not very good.

The difference however, is that the SEC has better talent throughout the conference. They have better teams overall that aren't so quarterback dependent. Every year recruiting statistics and the NFL draft bears this out. For example, 109 out of the top 300 recruits in the country for 2016 (36%) signed with SEC teams. That marks the 11th straight year the SEC signed the most recruits in the top 300.

Which basically means that leaves the other 64% spread out among the rest of college football.

Just wait till Jalen Hurts gets to take over as QB...Then you are going to see what happens when Nick has that "special " QB.

Sarkisian rumored to join your staff soon. As if you needed any more coaching help. Dude knows how to get through to QBs. And get super hammered.

This is interesting because I thought the lawsuit against USC where they breached his contract on account of his alcoholism (dude?) was still happening. Pretty ballsy, alabama.

Alabama easily looks like the best team in football...I thought there was a chance for someone to maybe sneak in there and give them a loss, doubtful...

Sarkisian rumored to join your staff soon. As if you needed any more coaching help. Dude knows how to get through to QBs. And get super hammered.

This is interesting because I thought the lawsuit against USC where they breached his contract on account of his alcoholism (dude?) was still happening. Pretty ballsy, alabama.

As long as he doesn't bring in Todd Marinovich next I don't see a problem with it.

Back
Top Bottom