Alex Smith staying overnight in Plantation/ Serious talks between Smith & Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith staying overnight in Plantation/ Serious talks between Smith & Dolphins

Can someone please explain to me y all the love for a Guy that is statistically no better then Moore and will cost us probably double the price!?!? R we really this desperate to sign a qb that people we happy with paying a career below average qb 7-8 mil a year!!! I just don't get it

Can someone please explain to me y all the love for a Guy that is statistically no better then Moore and will cost us probably double the price!?!? R we really this desperate to sign a qb that people we happy with paying a career below average qb 7-8 mil a year!!! I just don't get it
Ireland is trying to save face. He will overpay for a mediocre QB who's not better than Flynn or Moore but is a well known name. This is an epic fail.

I'd rather keep Moore and spend the money elsewhere...this is beginning to become pathetic...alex smith?? the guy's qb rating last year was only 2-3 points better than Moore's...for 7 years he was a certified bust...

I heard this morning that our season ticket base was at about 30,000...less than the pre-Shula era, that has to be talking to Ross, VOLUMES...but is he too dense and ignorant to see the writing on the wall??

Disparity.

Serious talks between Smith & Dolphins.......UUOOOoooooooooooo

Not worried he won't sign with us....thank God

When he's asked to make simple, efficient throws, he's done that oveer the last few years. Seems like it'd be a good fit for the offense Philbin wants to run. I think it'd be great to bring in some healthy competition at the right price.

For all I have seen and read about Smith he was considered the Niners weak link on offense...Why do we want another teams weak link? I guess if we don't over pay he can push Moore. It seems most in the NFL thought Flynn had more upside so I hope Philbin knows something they didnt.

I think Moore did a good job and deserves a shot and if they sign Smith or whomever,may the best man win.Lets face
it,when Manning considered all the teams, the Dolphins never should have been in that group.He's looking at the best
situation to get to the Super Bowl.

For all I have seen and read about Smith he was considered the Niners weak link on offense...Why do we want another teams weak link? I guess if we don't over pay he can push Moore. It seems most in the NFL thought Flynn had more upside so I hope Philbin knows something they didnt.

Who are these most in the NFL who thought Flynn had more upside than Smith, I've never heard or seen them. Flynn is a huge question mark with a Q. He's played in 2 games in 4 years and the only coach who knew him intimately didn't think it worth his while to offer more than the peanuts the Seahawks got him for. I'll take Philbin's insight over most in the NFL, he saw him in practice for 4 years.

The 49ers were a run first team back in 2011. I believe over 50% of their total plays run were rushing attempts. Harbaugh asked Smith to make the throws to move the chains and keep drives alive. It was very Sparano-esque, when we had Pennington. Just keep the chains moving, don't make mistakes, and don't turn the ball over. However, for the first time in his career, Smith showed that he could put the team on his back, and he scored 4 TDs against the Saints, getting them to the championship game. So he was hardly a weak link.

I'm not sure if Smith can duplicate his success in Joe Philbin's system, but if he's looking for that kind of QB, it's a good signing in my opinion.

Who are these most in the NFL who thought Flynn had more upside than Smith, I've never heard or seen them. Flynn is a huge question mark with a Q. He's played in 2 games in 4 years and the only coach who knew him intimately didn't think it worth his while to offer more than the peanuts the Seahawks got him for. I'll take Philbin's insight over most in the NFL, he saw him in practice for 4 years.

Packers Coach Mike McCarthy who is said to be a straight shooter about his players was quick to tell any team interested in Flynn he was the real deal and a much improved player since entering the NFL along the lines of Rogers learning curve. They were talking about this on the radio this AM...
I agree that Philbin did have his on opinion also which may have helped us not overpay...guess we will find out in a couple years who was right huh?

Back
Top Bottom