All-NFL Team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All-NFL Team

MiamiDolfans

No-Neck
Reaction score
***SOME CHANGES HAVE OCCURED***
Ray Guy @ punter
Rod Woodson @ 5th corner (was previously only 4 corners)
A few more mentionables added
Paul Warfield @ 6th receiver (was previously only 5 receivers)

I know we just had a post about this, but I spent a few hours researching this and didn't want to just reply to the thread. In relation to the other post, here is my response on an all NFL-Team...

QB
D.Marino
J.Montana
J.Elway
HB
B.Sanders
O.Simpson*
W.Peyton
J.Brown
B.Jackson*
FB
L.Csonka
T.Richardson*
TE
S.Sharpe
M.Ditka
K.Winslow
WR
J. Rice
C.Carter
L.Swann*
P.Warfield
S.Sharpe
R.Moss*
LT
A.Munoz
Webb
LG
G.Upshaw
J.Otto
C
J.Langer
D.Dawson
RG
L.Little
J.DeLamielleure*
RT
A.Shell
J.Slater
D.Dierdorf
LE
D.Jones
R.White
RE
R.Dent
H.Long*
DT
W.Perry
D.Hampton
J.Greene
LOLB
L.Taylor
J.Ham
N.Buoniconti*
MLB
J.Lambert
M.Singletary
D.Butkus
R.Lewis*
ROLB
W.Lanier
R.Nitschke
CB
D.Sanders
D.Lane
H.Adderley
M.Renfro
R.Woodson*
FS
S.Atwater
K. Houston
SS
R.Lott
P. Krause
K
G.Anderson
P
R.Guy
Coach
V.Lombardi
D.Shula
T.Landry
B.Belichick*
Other Mentionables
J.Unitas
R.Staubach
T.Aikman
B.Starr
J.Namath
E.Smith
L.Allen
W.Allen
C.Noll
B.Walsh
A.Davis
W.Moon
D.Stephenson
P.Manning
P.Stoyanovich
R.Roby
B.Smith
E.Campbell
D.Thomas

Ok, so I spent a few hours comparing a few guys trying to get a breakdown. But for the most part I have known these guys long before I made this. Of course it can't be prefectly true, I am 15 years old, and missed some great days of football. But based on games I have seen, classic footage, statistics, pro-bowls, mvps, other awards, super-bowls, and shear game-breaking ability... that is my roster. Players with stars beside their names are questionables.

I know alot of guys wouldn't put O.J. on this list, but simply put he ran for 2000+ yards in 13 games, on a a terrible team. There is no doubt in my mind he is one of the best running backs ever to play in the NFL.

Bo Jackson in my opinion deserves to be there, but many may disagree. He is and was one of the greatest athletes of all-time. The only thing keeping him from being a definate was an unfortunate injury that held him short.

Tony Richardson is still playing, but needless to say has been a force at FB. He is a threat in many aspects of the game, and in my opinion if he finishes out a few more years with KC (maybe win a superbowl), and gets into the hall of fame in a few years he is a definate starter on this team.

Lynn Swann is terribly under-rated, since the basterds finally let him in the hall of fame there is no argueing his position on the all-time list.

Randy Moss is half man, and half amazing, but he has major attitude problems. If he can maintain his play for a few more years and drop the attitude he is a definate member of this team, but no doubt it lower in the ranks. A superbowl and trip to the hall would really help him out also.

Joe DeLamielleure was a bill... just joking :p. He was a tough toss up with a few other guys, but after looking at some gametapes, and in-game effectiveness he tipped the scale.

Personally I hate Howie Long, but I had to put him there... credit goes, where credit is due.

Nick Buoniconti is probably only on this list because I am a homer, but really he is a hall of famer, he played with the undefeated Dolphins, and was truly outstanding when no one even knew his name.

Ray Lewis is in the same boat as Randy Moss as far as I am concerned. If he can play a few more years at his current level, stay away from injury, and get into the hall, then he is more than deserving to be on this list.

Last but not least I had to add good old Bill to the list of coaches. He is still unconfirmed in this position, but if he can hold out a few more years as a coach, without completely crumbling he is up there. If he can maintain his current situation it is possible for him to pass some of the coaches ahead of him.

Richmond Webb at LT.... Interesting... Pete Stoyanovich at Punter is very interesting...

GreenMonster said:
Richmond Webb at LT.... Interesting... Pete Stoyanovich at Punter is very interesting...

note: I am a homer :D

But I think Richmond Webb is as much a Bengal as a Dolphin, and there is no doubt he is amazing at his position. I think getting into the HOF would make him very deserving of being up there, but I believe his induction is imminent.

As for Pete, that was a very hard one, also had to consider Reggie Roby, and many others... but I once saw a clip of Pete kicking a punt in practice and because of that he always stands out in my mind as an all-time punter. It was something like a 103 yard punt with bounce...

i few i disagree with, but no two people will have the same list.

a well thought out post and i enjoyed reading it.

MiamiDolfans said:
As for Pete, that was a very hard one, also had to consider Reggie Roby, and many others... but I once saw a clip of Pete kicking a punt in practice and because of that he always stands out in my mind as an all-time punter. It was something like a 103 yard punt with bounce...

He wasn't our punter. He was our FG kicker

that was good.
jsut a lil surprised that peyton manning wasn't in at QB (though the 3 you picked sure are great)... marcus allen/priest holmes weren't even in the mentionables... derrick thomas not in at LB... or that surtain wasn't in any mentionables or sammy knight.

That's a great list. I love that you included Bo Jackson as he was one of the most physically amazing forces in the history of mankind.

What about Rod Woodson? Why not Ray Guy for punter..... Why Dan Hampton?

Lynn Swann is terribly under-rated, once the basterds finally let him in the hall of fame there is no argueing his position on the all-time list.

Swann is terribly overrated and does not belong in the HOF w/o a ticket.

I enjoyed that list...

Bo Jackson does'nt deserve to be on it...BUT...he was the most absurdly talented player I've ever seen.

Imagine what he would have done if he stayed out of baseball and stayed healthy.

The list lost all credibility w/ me when I didn't see Dwight Stephenson at C. But then again, it's your opinion so it doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom