All-NFL Team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All-NFL Team

phinfan2003 said:
I'm sorry for disputing your list of so called "all-time greatest". There are a lot of flaws with your team but it is your opinion. At least you found something productive to do with all of you research. :up:

My team would beat your team. :D

phinfan2003 said:
Last comment I promise! Is that the William "The refrigerator" Perry that you have a DT? Are you kidding me?!? If he's going to be anywhere on your list he should be as a RB. Didn't you see how "dominating" he was in the SB vs. the Pats. It doesn't get much better than that.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Nice list youngin!!!! BUT you never got to see Dwight Stephenson play so you missed an ALL-TIME great at your CENTER spot.

Earl Campbell was another back that could dominate a game.

gr8slayer said:
How do you not have Bruce Smith in there? He is the all time leader sacker.
and during the time when d. thomas (#58, chiefs) was playing and alive, he had more sacks than smith for some of those seasons... and maybe more than smith during that time period (he has the record of sacks in one game, 7, against seattle and dave krieg, who later played for the chiefs).
give him 3 more years, and he'd be in the top 3-4 for all time sacks, and maybe even at the top.

General Grimmac said:
and during the time when d. thomas (#58, chiefs) was playing and alive, he had more sacks than smith for some of those seasons... and maybe more than smith during that time period (he has the record of sacks in one game, 7, against seattle and dave krieg, who later played for the chiefs).
give him 3 more years, and he'd be in the top 3-4 for all time sacks, and maybe even at the top.

There is no doubt he was great, but was he a better player than...

L.Taylor
J.Ham
N.Buoniconti
J.Lambert
M.Singletary
D.Butkus
R.Lewis
W.Lanier
R.Nitschke

Only one I rank him ahead of is Lewis, and Lewis is there based on his potential in the next few years.

he has the career record for sacks in one game... and if ray lewis there based on potential, thomas has to be... if he didn't die, he could have played up to 5 more years.

he was just as explosive as LT... he is known by some as LT's 'heir'... he screwed up people's gameplans like almost no one else could... he almost had 8 sacks that game, but krieg got free (and threw a touchdown to win the game:shakeno::shakeno::shakeno::shakeno::shakeno:)... but in 96 i think, he had a game with 6 more sacks... anyone that holds the top 2 records for sacks in a game should be on there...he was DANG good.

General Grimmac said:
he was just as explosive as LT... he is known by some as LT's 'heir'... he screwed up people's gameplans like almost no one else could...

You can compare him to LT but he is a distant 2nd.. LT may have been the single most dominate Defensive player ever. Thomas was great but LT is a god among men.

Back
Top Bottom