All on Gase | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All on Gase

Really! All the players had a bad day on the same day. If so, that is the base definition of bad team.
They were not prepared. The worst part I saw was no team moral at any point and some terrible penalties. For what ever reason they were not ready, and not prepared.
What are the coaches roles again?

Well in case you haven't noticed, Miami is a baaaaad team.

but the specific complaints about the play-calling I don't understand so much. The players couldn't execute anything well today.
Agreed, you could have Shula calling the plays today, the result would have been the same.

Last edited:
Sorry, couldn't have disagree more. Unlike NBA, coaching means everything in NFL. When the entire team came out un-focus, un-inspire, thats coaching. Going by your theory, Sparano, Cameron, Philbin were not to blame. Players did not execute the plays they called.

All 4 teams that where affected by the 2 hurricanes got there butts kicked. All the coaching in the world can’t force players not to worry about a life changing event. I bet when something life changing in your life happens that you’re work sufffers as well.

Sorry, couldn't have disagree more. Unlike NBA, coaching means everything in NFL. When the entire team came out un-focus, un-inspire, thats coaching. Going by your theory, Sparano, Cameron, Philbin were not to blame. Players did not execute the plays they called.
Coming off a successful year with explosive plays I'd call it execution. If it keeps up all year I'll call it playcalling.

Gase did not have the team prepared. Mentally and physically. I knew the game was hopeless when the offense got a delay of game after a time-out in the first quarter. You should never have a delay of game after a time-out. Then two more procedure calls follow the penalty.

All three facets of the game, offense, defense and special team were flat. You can tell by the body language of the whole team in the first five minutes, they were loosey goosey.

Yes, Culter was bad, but so were the OL, DL, CB, LB, special team. The only explanation was Gase. No one outside of the team knew what he did or didn't do during the week. But we all know the entire team was flat out of the gate, and it is ultimately on Gase.
Totally agree. For two weeks in a row now Gase has been completely out coached and his play calling has been horrible. Except for two missed mystery fgs we are easily 0-2. I watched news all week and our offensive players were all saying that our offense runs best in a no huddle, two minute style. What do we do? We line up with ten men in the box and try to force the run. What? Finally down 20-0 we go no huddle and move the ball down the field. This was a total collapse of our offense, defense and ST. Gase has sucked two wks in a row. 100% on him and the staff.

Did Gase go too easy on them in preseason? We seem totally unprepared on offense

Gase proved me wrong last year after the awful start I'm not going to start calling for his head yet.

Coming off a successful year with explosive plays I'd call it execution. If it keeps up all year I'll call it playcalling.

Well said...i have not been real happy with the play calling either but If gase takes the blame on all himself, he'll be doing the team a disservice, because certain guys just need to play better as well.

Gase proved me wrong last year after the awful start I'm not going to start calling for his head yet.
Not yet. But I do concern about the slow start pattern. We cannot rely on second half come from behind game after game. The slow start is a sign of poor game planning.

I'm wondering if between the injuries, AWOL player, hurricane, frequent flyer miles, and no bye week - if that sapped something from the team. They had no fire or passion today. Even my man Juice just didn't bring his normal intensity.

Back
Top Bottom