andrew luck | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

andrew luck

This thread has the "potential" to become a good one, but I think I'll have to see it win a National Championship first.

Shane Skov was a huge loss for the Stanford defense. He tore a knee ligament against Arizona in the third game of the season and missed the remainder of the season. Skov was the quarterback of the defense, and a major physical presence who energized the entire unit. They weren't talented enough to lose him.

Oregon is a poor matchup for Stanford to begin with, considering the speed disparity. They needed everything to be ideal heading into that game. Instead, Skov was out and they had bunch injuries at tight end and wide receiver. Their health was worse for that game than any week all year.

Stanford really needed to jump on Oregon physically and control tempo with the ground game, like 2009 when they won fairly handily at home. Once they fell behind in 2011 it didn't seem likely they'd pull it out, given the key injuries. Oregon was able to spring James and others for huge gains. Stanford deflated after controlling the trenches early but not taking advantage on the scoreboard. I think at one point the yardage was something like 100-8 in Stanford's favor, yet they trailed.

I will concede that my memory of that game might not be the most reliable, since I watched the first half in a Tallahassee Burger King, of all places. The Canes had lost to FSU in late afternoon. I stopped for a couple of Whoppers on the drive back to Lake City and somehow found a Burger King with a large HDTV tuned to Stanford/Oregon. In Gainesville no doubt they would have been watching Furman highlights, scouting a future opponent.

Stanford would have finished 3rd in the final polls, had the kicker not yipped the short winning field goal. A year earlier they massacred Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl.

This thread obviously is a silly argument but it's familiar considering the inept evaluation of the Pac 10 (or 12) by eastern fans. I split time between Miami and Las Vegas. Westerners know all about eastern football, and respect eastern/midwestern teams in general. When I'm in Miami, or sample message boards, it's as if eastern fans actually believe the Pac 12 is subpar football. Too late to watch and too much bias to set aside. Never mind all the great athletes that conference has sent to the pros for decades, on both sides of the ball. One of the reasons I liked this Dolphin draft was among our first 5 picks we identified guys from major programs with great logic toward success -- two from Miami and two from the Pac 12.

Bar stool types seemed to bore of Andrew Luck in midseason, inventing reasons he was overrated and shouldn't receive the Heisman. Hey, let's pretend that kid from the video game conference is deserving, in fact superior to Andrew Luck. No problem. Disregard that he was flopping all over the field against Oklahoma State a month ago.

I like Tannehill but 7 NFL teams pasted on him and we reached at #8. Nothing wrong with that just don't get carried away.Time will tell but after all the scouting and film study i have not seen or heard ONE knowledgable NFL expert that would rated Ryan ahead of Andrew Luck.
Personally i want Ryan to go on and break all of Marino's records. Realisticly if he's a good NFL starting QB I will be happy.

take it easy on the op, i dont agree with this thread but i do think luck is more overhyped than other qbs like rg3/tannehill/ and that other qb the redskins drafted who is suppose to be damn good also. If luck wasnt overhyped i think rg3 would have been the 1st pick, i really do or possibly even tannenhill. I think tannenhill is alot better than what the gurus give him credit for because of the school he played for and the bad records they accomplished at a & m.

take it easy on the op, i dont agree with this thread but i do think luck is more overhyped than other qbs like rg3/tannehill/ and that other qb the redskins drafted who is suppose to be damn good also. If luck wasnt overhyped i think rg3 would have been the 1st pick, i really do or possibly even tannenhill. I think tannenhill is alot better than what the gurus give him credit for because of the school he played for and the bad records they accomplished at a & m.

RGIII is not on Luck's level.

Go watch RGIII struggle against Oklahoma State while having an NFL receiver on his team and then watch Luck shrewd the Cowboys fairly easily. Luck is just too good.

RGIII is not on Luck's level.

Go watch RGIII struggle against Oklahoma State while having an NFL receiver on his team and then watch Luck shrewd the Cowboys fairly easily. Luck is just too good.

lol, whoa, you cannot be serious.... I can understand you sayin luck is slightly better but sayin rg3 is not on his level now you are just in lala land and need to come back down to earth.

lol, whoa, you cannot be serious.... I can understand you sayin luck is slightly better but sayin rg3 is not on his level now you are just in lala land and need to come back down to earth.

In college football he is.

In the NFL RGIII will run too much for the league just like Mike Vick did. How some people still believe that Mike Vick is an elite level NFL QB is beyond me.

RG3 isn't in the same galaxy as Luck as an NFL prospect. One of the most overhyped players I've seen in some time. Stop this insanity please.

Back
Top Bottom