Another Hurricane THUG... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Hurricane THUG...

OSUDauby

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Lamar Thomas. This guy is a complete joke. Not only should UM players be arrested for their acts on Saturday, this Comcast, ex-Hurricane thug should be fired as well. Below are quotes from his telecast during the game and during the fight. The Hurricanes get themselves in fights almost every year, what a bunch a thugs. What college football team has the most ghetto team; the Miami Hurricanes, Florida State Criminals, or Virginia Tech?

Lamar Thomas from his LIVE Comcast broadcast during the game: (Not to mention they were playing FIU...what a joke!)

Miami Herald
October 14, 2006

Fire Coker? No, just Lamar Thomas

Television sportscasting hit a new all-time low Saturday night when Comcast sports analyst Lamar Thomas cheered on University of Miami players for brawling on the field, urged them to continue it in the parking lot afterward, and finally said he wanted to run onto the field and throw some punches himself – every word of it on the air.

Thomas’ ranting threats were issued during the third quarter of the Miami-Florida International University game during a helmet-swinging melee between the two teams that eventually resulted in the ejection of 13 players – but not, unfortunately, Thomas. He was doing color as Comcast taped the game for replay on Wednesday at noon and 7 p.m. But the Comcast broadcast was available live for subscribers to ESPN’s GamePlan pay-per-view service.

Moments before the brawl broke out, Thomas – a Miami alumnus who made no secret he was rooting for his old team – was lamenting the fact that no punches had been thrown. “If this would have been back in the days [sic], we would have called these guys – ‘Hey, meet us at Tamiami Park and let’s get it on without pads,’†he said.

It didn’t take long for Thomas to get his wish. And as the violence erupted on the field, he cheered it on. “That’s what I’m talking about,†he exclaimed. “You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don’t come into the Orange Bowl playing that stuff. You’re across the ocean over there. You’re across the city over there. You can’t come over to our place talking noise like that. You’ll get your butt kicked. I was about to go down the elevator and get into that thing.â€Â

If anything, Thomas seemed disappointed that the referees finally got the game under control. “You know, I say, why don’t they just meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more?†he urged. “You don’t come into the Orange Bowl, baby – we’ve had a down couple of years – but you don’t come in here talking trash. Not in our house…

“You come in here talking smack, it’s time to get it on. We let you play in our stadium – they play well, I gotta give it to FIU, they played well so far – but you cross the line at some point.â€Â

And even when the game started again, Thomas was still at it, complaining that referees threw a flag on a blatantly late hit on the kickoff following the brawl. “You gonna call that?†he exclaimed in disbelief. He ended the night by urging Miami coach Larry Coker, whose team was leading 35-0 with 40 seconds to go in the game, to run up the score with a field goal to teach FIU a thing or two.

Comcast ought to fire Thomas for being such a blatant homer – the way he cheers for Miami during games would be embarrassing to any credible sports network, though maybe the key word there is “credible.†But when he starts calling from the press box for players to beat each other up, to fight in the parking lot, and threatens to join in himself, he’s gone beyond mere unprofessionalism into absolute indecency. That may be an unfamiliar concept to Comcast (it is, after all, a cable company) but if Comcast won’t get rid of him, UM President Donna Shalala should demand that he be removed from any further Miami telecasts. If she thinks this kind of gangster talk doesn’t damage the school’s reputation – and her own – she’s seriously mistaken.

ok...so lets get this straight....you are out with your friends one night. all of a sudden a group of other guys tackles your smallest, skinniest friend, then proceeds to kick him. you would just stand there and watch? no, you would beat the crap otu of them, unless you are a woman.

EAZY 0 said:
ok...so lets get this straight....you are out with your friends one night. all of a sudden a group of other guys tackles your smallest, skinniest friend, then proceeds to kick him. you would just stand there and watch? no, you would beat the crap otu of them, unless you are a woman.

Yeah, I would fight back, except the U of M were on a football field, in pads, with the reputation of the entire school on their shoulders.

And if I am out with my friends and get into a fight, I'd end up in jail.

One Miami thug took his helmet off to hit someone else over the head with it. In that case a helmet should be viewed as a weapon. That quite possibly COULD have seriously hurt OR killed someone.

NEVER in a fight would I go to that extent as to swinging an object OR stomp on someone on the groud. You proved my point exactlly, U of M is has NO class and would go to ANY extent to prove that they are thugs.

(Not to mention they were playing FIU...what a joke!)

Cut FIU some slack, they put up a fight before the actual fight broke out.

although I don't condone Thomas's antics. The FIU player burrying the kicker was not only uncalled for, but a cowardly POS move. Burry one of the big boys if your balls are as brass as you play them to be. That to me is ghetto, chicken-shizzle attitude as well. Ghetto hoodlums aren't so big and bad when they are outside their homies in the city and can't prey on the weak. Thats why they remain their entire life in the ghetto.

I agree, FIU is just as bad as Miami for being involved. It's just Miami finds themselves in this crap ALL the time. The fights, the off field problems, etc...

The Miami football program is a breding ground for classless players.

Didn't one player rob another this past off season? And wasn't it in last years bowl game that Miami was in another on field fight?
I mean give me a break. They need to have police officers on the sidelines ready with mace and stun guns when ever Miami takes the field.

Yeah it was embarassing as hell. What does that say about your schools, your city?

PatsSuck456 said:
Yeah it was embarassing as hell. What does that say about your schools, your city?

Not quite sure what your question is about.
But, it doesn't say much good for the UM/FIU. For me, it just reinforces the negative appearance of the Hurricanes. They are widely viewed as a bunch of criminals and thugs and they contiune to display behaviors that support that view.

And what makes it worse is that there has never been a coach at Miami that disiplines the players for their actions.

OSUDauby said:
Not quite sure what your question is about.
But, it doesn't say much good for the UM/FIU. For me, it just reinforces the negative appearance of the Hurricanes. They are widely viewed as a bunch of criminals and thugs and they contiune to display behaviors that support that view.

And what makes it worse is that there has never been a coach at Miami that disiplines the players for their actions.

I meant that both teams are going to make the schools look bad, its going to make the city look bad.

Yea, i do agree that Thomas shouldnt be allowed to call anymore games if those were his comments about the game.

Yea, it was a cowardly move to attack the kicker first but the fight shouldnt have been that long. The players should have released that this is wrong and should have stopped fightin. The player who used his helmet on another player should be suspended for the season. That was uncalled for.

Lamar is wrong for saying all of that..but a the sametime, you cant hold that in..hes a ex-Miami player..of course he would be hyped and talking....

then again..the comments isnt the smartest thing to do on a broadcast though

Schleprock said:
although I don't condone Thomas's antics. The FIU player burrying the kicker was not only uncalled for, but a cowardly POS move. Burry one of the big boys if your balls are as brass as you play them to be. That to me is ghetto, chicken-shizzle attitude as well. Ghetto hoodlums aren't so big and bad when they are outside their homies in the city and can't prey on the weak. Thats why they remain their entire life in the ghetto.

lmao. thats one of the dumbest things ive ever read.

Blade said:
Yea, i do agree that Thomas shouldnt be allowed to call anymore games if those were his comments about the game.

Yea, it was a cowardly move to attack the kicker first but the fight shouldnt have been that long. The players should have released that this is wrong and should have stopped fightin. The player who used his helmet on another player should be suspended for the season. That was uncalled for.
yeah..no doubt about it..but it was a street fight

people dont really care what they do in a street fight :lol:

both teams is stupid for the brawl..but if FIU didnt slam a guy from miami, this wouldnt never happened

EAZY 0 said:
there's a world of difference between the stupid scenario you bring up than what happened on the actual field.

Back
Top Bottom