Another Hurricane THUG... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Hurricane THUG...

:lol:
OSUDauby said:
Yeah, I would fight back, except the U of M were on a football field, in pads, with the reputation of the entire school on their shoulders.

And if I am out with my friends and get into a fight, I'd end up in jail.

One Miami thug took his helmet off to hit someone else over the head with it. In that case a helmet should be viewed as a weapon. That quite possibly COULD have seriously hurt OR killed someone.

NEVER in a fight would I go to that extent as to swinging an object OR stomp on someone on the groud. You proved my point exactlly, U of M is has NO class and would go to ANY extent to prove that they are thugs.

You people that constantly point to only UM athletes as thugs are hysterical.

I admire many athletes for their ATHLETIC prowess but FEW do I admire for who they are outside of athletics.

IMO, it's safe to say there are many more thugs in athletics than there are good guys. You find "thugs" on ANY team period.

Yeah, OSU has no thugs whatsoever right Maurice? :lol:

Another poster that is an avid Notre Dame fan is constantly posting UM stuff too. Maybe he should go read
"The Tarnished Dome" for a little perspective.

All big programs are crooked to a degree and all have MANY thugs they depend on to be good.

Trekbiz said:
:lol:

You people that constantly point to only UM athletes as thugs are hysterical.

I admire many athletes for their ATHLETIC prowess but FEW do I admire for who they are outside of athletics.

IMO, it's safe to say there are many more thugs in athletics than there are good guys. You find "thugs" on ANY team period.

Yeah, OSU has no thugs whatsoever right Maurice? :lol:

Another poster that is an avid Notre Dame fan is constantly posting UM stuff too. Maybe he should go read
"The Tarnished Dome" for a little perspective.

All big programs are crooked to a degree and all have MANY thugs they depend on to be good.
:lol: this is funny

OSU fans bashing hurricanes, saying this and that.."Thug U"

one name..Maurice Clarett :sidelol:

didnt S. Holmes get in trouble too?

How can someone defend the whole melee? I don't care if your upbringing is different, there is something called common sense. The individuals involved in the fight had none. Smart thing to do, push the individuals away from each other rather than joining in the neandrathal beatdown. If what that FIU person said really "hurt your feelings", talk smack back and lay him out the next play. I mean its football, you get to knock some heads while in play.

Cuban Dave 9 said:
How can someone defend the whole melee? I don't care if your upbringing is different, there is something called common sense. The individuals involved in the fight had none. Smart thing to do, push the individuals away from each other rather than joining in the neandrathal beatdown. If what that FIU person said really "hurt your feelings", talk smack back and lay him out the next play. I mean its football, you get to knock some heads while in play.

k. you push the guy away and push the guy off your teammate, while they smack both of you upside the head.

it doesnt matter what your upbringing is, if you dont defend yourself, your not a man.

Cuban Dave 9 said:

Let's be real people.

Football is a brutal and high testosterone game.
Even low key people outside of the game turn a little psycho when they hit the field.

During my playing days I had plenty of altercations and I'm about as far as you can get from Thug status.
It happens so don't try and make this all about UM.
When some Florida players are involved in a fight I'll be sure to remind you of this.

Not to mention what I stated before that EVERY top team has a number of thugs they are depending on to be good. That would include the FL. Gators as well.

Gotta fire him.

He can't be saying that stuff on the air

Trekbiz said:
Let's be real people.

Even low key people outside of the game turn a little psycho when they hit the field.

During my playing days I had plenty of altercations and I'm about as far as you can get from Thug status.
When some Florida players are involved in a fight I'll be sure to remind you of this.

Not to mention what I stated before that EVERY top team has a number of thugs they are depending on to be good. That would include the FL. Gators as well.
Dude, why are you so defensive?

Trekbiz said:
Let's be real people.

The post you quoted made no reference to UM. You guys are way to defensive, half the time you act proud to be called Thug U and the other half you act like all schools are the same. Why are you bringing Florida into it? :confused:

Motion said:
The post you quoted made no reference to UM. You guys are way to defensive, half the time you act proud to be called Thug U and the other half you act like all schools are the same. Why are you bringing Florida into it? :confused:

The whole thread is about Hurricane thugs.
Defensive?

If pointing out reality is defensive then so be it.
I pointed out Florida because Cuban Dave is just another fan of another team taking this opportunity to insinuate that this altercation is proof that UM is a team of thugs while their team is clearly above this type of behavior.

That is what is amusing and what I'm pointing out.

By the way, the only ones that are proud of a name called Thug U would be thugs themselves.
I'm no fan of it, nor am I a fan of what happened.

305TillIDie said:
Lamar is wrong for saying all of that..but a the sametime, you cant hold that in..hes a ex-Miami player..of course he would be hyped and talking....

then again..the comments isnt the smartest thing to do on a broadcast though

So, are you saying that it would be somewhat expected to hear Kirk Herbstreit talk all day about how good Ohio State is and encourage OSU players to fist fight and root them on when they do??

Trekbiz said:
The whole thread is about Hurricane thugs.
Defensive?

If pointing out reality is defensive then so be it.
I pointed out Florida because Cuban Dave is just another fan of another team taking this opportunity to insinuate that this altercation is proof that UM is a team of thugs while their team is clearly above this type of behavior.

That is what is amusing and what I'm pointing out.

By the way, the only ones that are proud of a name called Thug U would be thugs themselves.
I'm no fan of it, nor am I a fan of what happened.

Understandable, but regardless of what team your a fan of I think its safe to say most people would not be a fan of that type of thing. It was entertaining though. :lol:

OSUDauby said:
So, are you saying that it would be somewhat expected to hear Kirk Herbstreit talk all day about how good Ohio State is and encourage OSU players to fist fight and root them on when they do??

I don't disagree with you guys on this point.
Some athletes are good for the broadcast booth and some just aren't. Lamar pretty much burned up his career with those comments. Not smart.

OSUDauby said:
didnt I just say it was wrong what he did?

Motion said:
Understandable, but regardless of what team your a fan of I think its safe to say most people would not be a fan of that type of thing. It was entertaining though. :lol:

definitely entertaining. :lol:

And you all can bash on Ohio State, saying that they have thugs, but all you have done is brought up players getting into trouble AFTER they left the school. Maurice Clarett & Santonio Holmes did nothing to get into trouble during their tenure at Ohio State.

Clarett left then got into a lot of trouble. Holmes was already in the NFL when he was busted.

Look at Ohio State over the past 5-6 years. They have a sparkling reputation. And it wasn't NEARLY as bad as Miami's before those years.

Back
Top Bottom