Any one else annoyed W/ Mel Kiper Jr? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any one else annoyed W/ Mel Kiper Jr?

Jrm_Fin_Fan

Jrm1188
Reaction score
At this point how in the world can you give out draft grades. thwo days after the draft. For hevens sake the guys havent even done anything yet. And for the fact that he belives Brady Quinn is the seccond comming of the messiah that every team in the world needed him is just stupid. I belive Ted Ginn Jr. was a reach at the 9 spot but still in the long run all that really matters is that the head staff get the player they want. In ten years from now if Ginn is an amazing player for us will we be saying he was a reach. No If Culpepper is not the answer in the short ter 3-5 yrs and John Beck also isnt the answer then they will deal with the problem then. But bottom line is how does Mel Kiper Jr. know more than Cam Cameron and Randy Mueler? All of us fans are running of media drivin fumes. I say lets ee what happens and not worry about did the dolphins choose the right player in Ted gin Jr or John Beck and see what happens on the playing field. then criticize what happend in the draft.:cooldude:

GUYS who need's a QB when we got a 1 leg GINN whos going to return punts for td in every game, god what r the fins thinking . the guy is the size of a kicker

At this point how in the world can you give out draft grades. thwo days after the draft. For hevens sake the guys havent even done anything yet. And for the fact that he belives Brady Quinn is the seccond comming of the messiah that every team in the world needed him is just stupid. I belive Ted Ginn Jr. was a reach at the 9 spot but still in the long run all that really matters is that the head staff get the player they want. In ten years from now if Ginn is an amazing player for us will we be saying he was a reach. No If Culpepper is not the answer in the short ter 3-5 yrs and John Beck also isnt the answer then they will deal with the problem then. But bottom line is how does Mel Kiper Jr. know more than Cam Cameron and Randy Mueler? All of us fans are running of media drivin fumes. I say lets ee what happens and not worry about did the dolphins choose the right player in Ted gin Jr or John Beck and see what happens on the playing field. then criticize what happend in the draft.:cooldude:

Here is what I cant understand, he keeps saying that our draft grade is bad because we Drafted Ginn without a guarantee the Beck would be there at 40, he says he likes our 1st 4 picks, but because the wasnt that guarantee for Beck, it was a bad draft grade......um didnt we get our guy??? So if you take a net away from a high walker and he doesnt fall, is it still a safe walk?

Common if you like our 1st 4 picks we deserve at least a B!!!!!:ninja:

Did you watch Todd McShay and Mel Kiper "battling" on who would pick who? They are nobodies, period. They get paid to guess who goes first and by doing so they hype players up more than they deserve. In actuality, Kiper (the moron that he is) affects players more than they affect themselves with media/analysts.

They flat out have no clue who is good and they can't see every player to rank them. They just go off what they hear, stats, and school size.

GUYS who need's a QB when we got a 1 leg GINN whos going to return punts for td in every game, god what r the fins thinking . the guy is the size of a kicker
last time I checked we got a QB in round 2, didnt we?
I dont know of too many punters that can run in the 4.3 range, do you?

I do beleive that Ginn was a reach with the #9th pick. I to was one of the finfans that wanted Quinn, BUT as much film I have seen on Beck I really starting to like him. Kiper just needs to SHUT UP about the Ginn pick. It is over and done with. Stop beating a dead horse Kiper. Ginn will be a great asset to the team in do time.

Not sure about Mel Kiper Jr . or any of the other so called experts but I wouldn't have taken Ginn. I hope that he does well in our offense and turns out to be a great player/pro bowler but we had more pressing needs.

By the way those so called experts get paid to do what they do so they might have alittle more knowledge then we do.

I think the deal is, if a draft expert pics a team to pick somebody and they go in a different direction, they will have to say they chose poorly. Otherwise it means they made a poor prediction, and you will never see experts grading themselves.

GROW UP DUDE AND GO BACK TO THE BILLS WEB SITE!!!!!

GOOD POST

I do beleive that Ginn was a reach with the #9th pick. I to was one of the finfans that wanted Quinn, BUT as much film I have seen on Beck I really starting to like him. Kiper just needs to SHUT UP about the Ginn pick. It is over and done with. Stop beating a dead horse Kiper. Ginn will be a great asset to the team in do time.

At this point how in the world can you give out draft grades. thwo days after the draft. For hevens sake the guys havent even done anything yet.

Because nobody will give a crap about this draft two years from now. Every now and then a sports writer will go back and take a look at a draft to see how the picks worked out... and no one cares. People want to talk about THIS draft NOW. People are interested in THESE picks NOW. In two years, when draft grades really matter, there will be a brand new, fresh draft to talk about. The vast majority of fans will be much more interested in the latest picks.

I'm not saying it's right... I'm just stating the truth.

Kiper is who he is because us fans... love him or hate him... are listening to his every word.

Ginn and Beck are both risky picks but I think the upside for both guys is pretty unlimited. I just hope Ginn's foot will completely heal...if not, this pick could be just like J. Allen last year. :rolleyes2

so this whole "grabbing PLAYER X" at whichever position in the draft was a reach thing is getting really old. Has anyone ever stopped to consider that the GM and coaching staff might have a little bit of a different draft board then say, oh I don't know; every freekin draft guru out there? That perhaps their board showed that whomever they intend on picking is in the perfect spot? While I may not personally agree with every pick my team goes for, I will be the first to admit that no matter how sound I feel my logic is, I am not a professional coach or GM for the NFL.

This "reach" thing is just downright silly to the nth degree and I wish everyone would move on.

Andrew @ Pulp Fiction

i agree, but according to rick riley's article in this weeks sports illustrated, kiper was the most successful of the "draft gurus" rumor has it that hes out at espn anyways after this year and pft had something about a possiblity that he might shift over to NFLN

i cant stand him at all, i just found it kinda funny that he was top ranked of espn's crew (with only 10 out of 32 picks correct)

Back
Top Bottom