Any one else annoyed W/ Mel Kiper Jr? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any one else annoyed W/ Mel Kiper Jr?

Well, Beck was being recruited by Miami and USC (I believe), however, they wouldn't honor his scholarship after he completed his mission. BYU did, and they got their second most productive QB ever by doing so.

That's interesting, how do you know that?

Problem is, while he may have been "recruited" by a couple of big colleges, the reality is that he still faced MW competition for four years

Ted Ginn was NOT a reach. I have the draft guides in front of me by

1. ESPN

2. Sporting News

3. Pro Football Weekly

ESPN and Sporting News has Ginn going at # 7

PFW has Ginn going @ # 10.

The KEY to remember is that these guides came out AFTER the NFL combine knowing that Ginn was injured.

Well then by all means, from now on we should listen to ESPN, Sporting news and PFW. I really dont care what Kiper or anyone else says, I look at facts overall and the big picture of such a pick as #9. My prediction is that Ginn wont even be a Dolphin in five years. WR's come and go in more ways than one than any friggin position besides kickers and PS players. You pick in the top ten, you better be getting a player who is a starter and who will be there for a long long time holding down that spot.

I don't really understand grading the drafts either. I'd like to go back and see if the experts said we got a steal on Jason Taylor or Zach Thomas during the draft. It doesn't matter where your drafted, it's how you play once the season starts. I'd take Zach Thomas, a late rounder, over John Avery, Jamar Fletcher, and Yatil Green any day of the week (haha). So, noone really knows; we'll just have to wait it out.

Also, I've read lots of places that Ginn would have been drafted with the tenth pick. I'm going to bet Cam wanted to trade down, but realized that there was no way his "plan" would work if he did so. Ginn and Beck could both be busts...Quinn could be a bust, who knows?...but, I personally am excited to watch the new players we drafted, and I give credit to the coaches for taking who they liked over who the sportscasters thought they should pick.

At this point how in the world can you give out draft grades. thwo days after the draft. For hevens sake the guys havent even done anything yet. And for the fact that he belives Brady Quinn is the seccond comming of the messiah that every team in the world needed him is just stupid. I belive Ted Ginn Jr. was a reach at the 9 spot but still in the long run all that really matters is that the head staff get the player they want. In ten years from now if Ginn is an amazing player for us will we be saying he was a reach. No If Culpepper is not the answer in the short ter 3-5 yrs and John Beck also isnt the answer then they will deal with the problem then. But bottom line is how does Mel Kiper Jr. know more than Cam Cameron and Randy Mueler? All of us fans are running of media drivin fumes. I say lets ee what happens and not worry about did the dolphins choose the right player in Ted gin Jr or John Beck and see what happens on the playing field. then criticize what happend in the draft.:cooldude:

He gave out grades as everyone else does after the draft. As for does Mel know more than randy or cam who knows, most Gms are right as much as they are wrong so its probably fairly equal.Alot of people disliked our draft, but hopefully they and myself are wrong. Every year though someone will defend our organization by saying that they know more than the media or the fan and in the end it has not necessarily been so.

I don't really understand grading the drafts either. I'd like to go back and see if the experts said we got a steal on Jason Taylor or Zach Thomas during the draft. It doesn't matter where your drafted, it's how you play once the season starts. I'd take Zach Thomas, a late rounder, over John Avery, Jamar Fletcher, and Yatil Green any day of the week (haha). So, noone really knows; we'll just have to wait it out.

Also, I've read lots of places that Ginn would have been drafted with the tenth pick. I'm going to bet Cam wanted to trade down, but realized that there was no way his "plan" would work if he did so. Ginn and Beck could both be busts...Quinn could be a bust, who knows?...but, I personally am excited to watch the new players we drafted, and I give credit to the coaches for taking who they liked over who the sportscasters thought they should pick.

Alot of people including myself thought Taylor was a steal in the third round. Some people were real high on him but could not decide what his position was going to be.

Back
Top Bottom