Any one else annoyed W/ Mel Kiper Jr? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any one else annoyed W/ Mel Kiper Jr?

Ted Ginn was NOT a reach. I have the draft guides in front of me by

1. ESPN

2. Sporting News

3. Pro Football Weekly

ESPN and Sporting News has Ginn going at # 7

PFW has Ginn going @ # 10.

The KEY to remember is that these guides came out AFTER the NFL combine knowing that Ginn was injured.

He's just defending his quess @9. The problem is that he's so insecure that he has to berate the Dolphin's as if they are the ones that were wrong.
Does Mel really care about Miami? Of course not. He made an educated guess on the obvious and then flaunted the choice only to get egg on his face, by Miami going in another direction. Then the fin's compound their standing with Kiper by getting Beck further eroding Mel's position to save face. BTW, Sporting News gave Miami an A+!!!
Only time will tell our true grade

big fin is an idiot and isnt it ironic how people say on here i wouldnt have taken ted ginn he was a reach blah blah blah but yet they have his picture as their icon? come on now can you say hippocrits? I personally love our draft, the only reason people dont like it is because everybody wants the blockbuster pick of the GOD OF FOOTBALL Brady Quinn like hes the answer to everybodies problems and he hasn't even played one snap in the NFL

ginn has been my 2nd choice behind quinn for a while and after reading about beck(how often does anyone really watch BYU?) i really think beck has the potential to be the steal of the draft at #40 and personally find the ginn/beck more appealing than the quinn/jarret people have been throwing around simply because i think the difference between beck and quinn is not big and ginn would make a better impact than jarret esspecially since we got a similar receiver in hagan last year.

Tar Phin, I'm stealing your avatar, its excellent

did you happen to be at the raleigh show 03? i just remember mike being really hammered and awful during the first set, stumbling off stage before the end of the set, and then coming back out in the second set and actually layng it down for the tube...oh yea and getting nailed with a glowstick in the back of the head during the 2001

How can Ginn possibly be a reach at 9 when Houston was going to take him at 10? Obviously, if the Dolphins wanted Ginn, they had to draft him at 9. Therefore he was taken in the only position he could have been and at exactly the position the Dolphins valued him at.

Taking it a step further, calling any pick a reach is somewhat ridiculous since, to the team drafting the player, they are obviously worth that pick to that team. The fact that another team, or a talking head "draft guru" thinks otherwise is pretty irrelevant since the team that made the pick is the one that has to live with it.

How can Ginn possibly be a reach at 9 when Houston was going to take him at 10? Obviously, if the Dolphins wanted Ginn, they had to draft him at 9. Therefore he was taken in the only position he could have been and at exactly the position the Dolphins valued him at.

Taking it a step further, calling any pick a reach is somewhat ridiculous since, to the team drafting the player, they are obviously worth that pick to that team. The fact that another team, or a talking head "draft guru" thinks otherwise is pretty irrelevant since the team that made the pick is the one that has to live with it.

Wait a minute. Do you know for a fact the Texans were going to take Ginn at 10?... and if so, I would without any doubt on gods green earth call it a reach. Remember, the Texans are the same organization that took Mario over the 7 or 8 most talented players last year....including Reggie Bush and hometown Vince young.:tantrum:

Tar Phin, I'm stealing your avatar, its excellent

did you happen to be at the raleigh show 03? i just remember mike being really hammered and awful during the first set, stumbling off stage before the end of the set, and then coming back out in the second set and actually layng it down for the tube...oh yea and getting nailed with a glowstick in the back of the head during the 2001

Thanks man! Yeah, I was at that show, and must say it wasn't one my favorites. But hey, everyone has their off days.

Thanks man! Yeah, I was at that show, and must say it wasn't one my favorites. But hey, everyone has their off days.

yea, it was a fun part of tour though, ended up passing out in the raliegh airport and then missing my connecting flight from atlanta to ft lauderdale thanks to some discrepancies in my perception and state of mind

I think this entire "Reach" stuff is very overrated. If a guy ends up being a playmaker who really cares if he's drafted at 9, 10, 22 or 150.

My only real problem is that the majority of the experts believe that Quinn is the better prospect and the Phins really needed the best prospect possible at QB. Mueller and Cameron may be proven right in the long run, but, right now, they placed a huge bet that they are smarter than everyone else.

While I hope they are right, the odds are against them. Schools like ND get players that BYU doesn't get for a reason, and that reason is they attract the better players more of the time.

Quinn was the safe bet and the Phins needed the best odds possible.

GO PHINS~!

thers nothing speaical about kiper his opinion is no better then annyones eles if we all study the draft like he did he would be no more of abn expert then annyone else remmeber when he had mike williams number one on his big bored:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

If all I had to worry about was upsetting Mel Krapper, I wouldn't miss 1 second of sleep. He's a bad hairpiece looking for a bald head to land on! Let the jerk rant, we'll be the one's who have the last laugh in this situation. Our FO got the players they had targetted and that's what matters to me.

I think this entire "Reach" stuff is very overrated. If a guy ends up being a playmaker who really cares if he's drafted at 9, 10, 22 or 150.

My only real problem is that the majority of the experts believe that Quinn is the better prospect and the Phins really needed the best prospect possible at QB. Mueller and Cameron may be proven right in the long run, but, right now, they placed a huge bet that they are smarter than everyone else.

While I hope they are right, the odds are against them. Schools like ND get players that BYU doesn't get for a reason, and that reason is they attract the better players more of the time.

Quinn was the safe bet and the Phins needed the best odds possible.

GO PHINS~!

Well, Beck was being recruited by Miami and USC (I believe), however, they wouldn't honor his scholarship after he completed his mission. BYU did, and they got their second most productive QB ever by doing so.

Back
Top Bottom