Any thoughts on why our 2017 QB starter is so hated by this author? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any thoughts on why our 2017 QB starter is so hated by this author?

Jay Cutler was toxic in Chicago especially after Lovie Smith got fired. But like with any organization that has been struggling you have to ask how much blame does the organization get as well, and it's probably 50/50

didn't read it but I'm sure it's all the same. my wife and her family are bears fans. they laughed when we got Cutler and said they feel sorry for me and good luck. I haven't mentioned they could have had Devante Parker instead of Kevin White, I'll save that one for the right time...
My cousin is a Bears fan... He detests Cutler lol.

Clean slate for me. I'll tell you how I feel about him in January.

The way I feel is Gase has shown he won't tolerate a bad performer, see Turner, Thomas, Douglas from last year. He's going to give Cutler some time but if he's flat out blowing games with untimely picks he'll be removed. Gase will not sit back and let Jay Cutler ruin our season, I believe that. I think Jay will be fine, similar to Tannehill last season, not much more, not much less. Finheaven will still consider it a bad season though :=).

Cutler? Because he wasted his entire career despite having top tier natural talent?

I have no issue with the sentiment- as skewed a perspective as it comes from. My problem is the basement blog-like (or Omar-like) emotionalism that has no place in a major Chicago newspaper, let alone the incendiary reprinting by the Scum-Sentinel (but then again, they're probably the only major metro market newspaper who'd employ Kelly.. so there's THAT too).

everybody does except some dolphins fans. Now that he's a fin some think he's going to take us to the super bowl..... Please.

I don't think anyone thinks were going to the Super Bowl. I don't think anyone expected us to go with Ryan at QB. Exaggerate much?

Cutler will have a great year, lol at the fools who advocate for unemployed Crapernick. Believe it or not, Gase is little bit smarter than even our "smartest" fans lmao.

Cutler's a decent NFL starting quarterback. He has issues, but he's not terrible. For us it was a no-brainer signing after Tannehill went down and allows us a chance to salvage our season.

However, to understand what's going on in Chicago, consider that the Bears couldn't keep Cutler while drafting a young QB to challenge him. Because Jay Cutler does indeed have 'attitude' problems. From an outsider's perspective, I would say he is 100% a 'reactive' personality. When something around him happens that is challenging or negative, he takes that on and wears it on his sleeve. So you wind up with a guy who just chucks the ball into coverage when his team is doing poorly or his receivers are screwing up, who throws toss-up balls off his back foot when the OL is sucking wind, etc. When the Bears drafted Trubinsky to be their quarterback of the future, they would have had a problem with Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler would have realized that he was just keeping the seat warm and it would have showed up on the field.

The big reason that Cutler and Gase worked so well together is that Gase is, from what I have seen, a true master motivator who has exceptional emotional intelligence. He's great at managing his players not just as pieces on the playing field, but as human beings. Cutler needs someone who can do that for him, to help keep him positive when things around him start going negative.

I don't think anyone thinks were going to the Super Bowl. I don't think anyone expected us to go with Ryan at QB. Exaggerate much?
I guess you don't read much, go through the threads you'll find them. and ryan had nothing to do with my post.

I guess you don't read much, go through the threads you'll find them. and ryan had nothing to do with my post.

I haven't seen any Super Bowl predictions at any point this offseason which is why I mentioned Ryan. My point was about the 2017 Dolphins. Saying Cutler will play well and the Dolphins will win the Super Bowl are 2 very, very different things. I've read plenty from posters who think Jay will have a good season. I've read 0 Super bowl victory predictions.

keep reading they're out there. i'm not making this crap up.
I haven't seen any Super Bowl predictions at any point this offseason which is why I mentioned Ryan. My point was about the 2017 Dolphins. Saying Cutler will play well and the Dolphins will win the Super Bowl are 2 very, very different things. I've read plenty from posters who think Jay will have a good season. I've read 0 Super bowl victory predictions.

- Cutler wins a Super Bowl this year and still wants to play, and wants to play for Miami.

- But now we're supposed to seriously consider that a guy they plucked out of the broadcast booth is going to win the Super Bowl with this team.

- Good grief. Cutler will not take us to the super bowl.

- These conditions are easy to judge when we quantify Cutler's achievements as a Super Bowl win or Championship win.

there has been talk of it, and that was a quick look.

OH c'mon! I don't see any point blank the Dolphins will win the SB with Jay Cutler predictions. I see 2 hypotheticals and 2 where the opposite is stated in your examples. This is not a Super Bowl team regardless of the QB. Everybody should have easily seen that in like April.

LOL at the article.

"Consider the final moments of the game. The Bears had the ball close to the end zone with four downs to go, needing only a touchdown and an extra point to win against the heavily favored Falcons."

"With Cutler under center in the same situation, you could bet the farm he would disappoint. "

"But with Mike NotJayCutler... the Bears' failure to score"

:roflmao

Back
Top Bottom