Anyone else worried about Rex Ryan going to the jets? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else worried about Rex Ryan going to the jets?

Only reason I say that is because the Ravens D have so many free agents and New York always seems like they have money to spend. I dont want to see there top free agents go over there with there old coach.

Nothing the fans can do about it so why get "worried" over anything?

You guys are 10 mil over the cap. The cap for 09 is going to increase approx. 10 mil give or take. So you should be right at cap.

I think you miss the pt the amt we are talking about is post cap increase. the cap figure is appx known just not to the also dollar.

You guys are 10 mil over the cap. The cap for 09 is going to increase approx. 10 mil give or take. So you should be right at cap.

But you also have to resign Barton, Nugent, Elam, Wright, Clowney, Ratliff, Murrell, Mosley and Richardson if you want them.

Also you have to sign your draft picks. Unless you get rid of Farve you won't be able to sign any free agents to say the least.

Also I have no opinion of Rex, besides he wasn't made HC last year for the Ravens which makes me wonder.
So if thats true that we would be right at the even mark we will be in great shape. Favre will retire, giving us $13 mil free. We will cut David Barrett allowing $3-5 mil free. And we will restructure a bunch of contracts to free up more money. We will be fine.

Anyways its final. Jets coaching staff.

HC-Rex Ryan
OC-Brian Schottenheimer
DC-Mike Pettine
ST-Mike Westhoff

Even if Favre doesn't retire we'll get cap space from letting Barret go, maybe Ellis? Kenyon Coleman, Barton, and others/ Moves will be made, deals will be restructured and our cap will be fine. I won't worry about it until I have to.

Nope, he never went to the Senior bowl to scout players in past years- why this year?

Pioli is his SON IN LAW, I'm sure they could work together and pioli is a guy he would pick if he had the chance.

he's not bringing in players in Miami, I'm sure he's involved but I give ireland the credit. BP has always been a mediocre GM and last year Miami did a great job getting players and I give that credit to Ireland.

Actually, Parcells went to the senior bowl once while he was in Dallas. Pioli may be his son in law....but he still picked Ireland over Pioli for the Dolphins. He could have hired Pioli out of NE last yr to be the GM because it would have been a promotion, not a lateral move.

IMO I'm not to worried about the Jets being real competitive as long as they keep their GM.

Actually, Parcells went to the senior bowl once while he was in Dallas. Pioli may be his son in law....but he still picked Ireland over Pioli for the Dolphins. He could have hired Pioli out of NE last yr to be the GM because it would have been a promotion, not a lateral move.

IMO I'm not to worried about the Jets being real competitive as long as they keep their GM.

Pioli wasn't going from NE to Miami, if Pioli would have BP would have taken him over Ireland.

Our Gm has done a MUCH better job drafting than BP ever did for us and you should be worried b/c we have a very talent team, a more talented team than you guys have.

Pioli wasn't going from NE to Miami, if Pioli would have BP would have taken him over Ireland.

Our Gm has done a MUCH better job drafting than BP ever did for us and you should be worried b/c we have a very talent team, a more talented team than you guys have.

More talent than our team?? Not last year...;)

Your GM drafted Gholston right? How many tackles did he get?

Just wonderin......:rolleyes:

More talent than our team?? Not last year...;)

Your GM drafted Gholston right? How many tackles did he get?

Just wonderin......:rolleyes:

We certainly had more talent last year but our QB killed us. We looked like SB team at 8-3 then faded away but that doesn't take away our talent.

We certainly had more talent last year but our QB killed us. We looked like SB team at 8-3 then faded away but that doesn't take away our talent.

Neither does it take away our talent when we won with the division on the line. ;)

I wasn't really referring to the drafts...althought you have to admit you've missed more than you've hit with the few draft choices you've had. I was referring to the rediculous contracts for FA's and such. When your team is farther over the cap than any other in the league and you didn't just win the superbowl, or even make the playoffs....that's idiotic. Trading picks for over-the-hill castoffs....I've seen it happen enough times in Miami to know what it looks like. I think you and I had a debate like this last offseason to, after you guys went on your spending spree and I said it was gonna blow up in your faces. Another year, same result.....just keep circling the track.

Your QB killed you??? You mean your hailed savior? Another awesome move by the GM! Not to mention dumping Penny so we could get him for free. You would think he could have gotten at least a 3rd from someone. Should have called Millen, he might have gone with a 2nd. Too bad he's gone, might have been able to trade ghoulston for a 1st.

I wasn't really referring to the drafts...althought you have to admit you've missed more than you've hit with the few draft choices you've had.

How exactly has Mike Tannenbaum missed more than he has hit? D'Brick has become a solid left tackle, and started every game. Mangold has arguably become the best young center in the league and a pro bowler. Leon Washington is an awesome all around player, and a pro bowler. Brad Smith is a good special teams player, and also has some contributions doing different things on offense. Darrelle Revis is arguably the best young corner in the league, and a pro bowler. And David Harris is a starting middle linebacker who was hurt this year, but was a tackling machine in his rookie year and only started nine games. Yeah, Gholston was non existent this year. But explain to me how we have missed more than we have hit.

Jets/Dolphins split the season. Jets scored 37 pts, Dolphins 39. Dolphins won the division with the Qb the Jets dumped for Favre.

Yet the Jets only lost b/c the QB killed them.

:lol:

Eh it doesn't matter anyway. The season is over for both teams.

Your QB killed you??? You mean your hailed savior? Another awesome move by the GM! Not to mention dumping Penny so we could get him for free. You would think he could have gotten at least a 3rd from someone. Should have called Millen, he might have gone with a 2nd. Too bad he's gone, might have been able to trade ghoulston for a 1st.

Favre was a gamble worth taking. Tannenbaum has done a very good job as the GM of this team. His drafts have been strong and the Free Agents/Trades he has made have been very good.

lol im sorry but you can keep Chad Pennington. You won the division and even though you went one and done in the playoffs you proved a lot. Congrats. With Chad as your QB though its all down hill from here. Your not going anywhere with him at the helm. A third for Chad? Yeah and maybe a 1st for David Barrett. Maybe a 6th or 7th realistically for Chad. Hopefully Henne or Beck are NFL QB's or you find somebody else because Chad isnt the answer.

Pennington is definately the answer. Anyone think we would have made it to the playoffs with McCown? If Henne took the starting job from McCown(he was getting close), he would have stumbled early and maybe turned it on halfway through the season, and I still think we would have missed the playoffs. I see Chad Pennington as one of the major reasons we went as far as we did. He definately has his limitations, but hes makes up for it in soo many other ways. Just his veteran presence, and guidance to his teammates, alone, brings up their level of play. Pennington is our starting QB. And rightfully so.

Back
Top Bottom