Anyone else worried about Rex Ryan going to the jets? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else worried about Rex Ryan going to the jets?

Pennington is definately the answer. Anyone think we would have made it to the playoffs with McCown? If Henne took the starting job from McCown(he was getting close), he would have stumbled early and maybe turned it on halfway through the season, and I still think we would have missed the playoffs. I see Chad Pennington as one of the major reasons we went as far as we did. He definately has his limitations, but hes makes up for it in soo many other ways. Just his veteran presence, and guidance to his teammates, alone, brings up their level of play. Pennington is our starting QB. And rightfully so.

LOL

Don't you guys get it?

Pennington always looks good against bottom dwelling teams and is good enough to get you 9 or 10 regular season wins (him winning 11 this year shocked the hell out of me).

Problem is, he can't get it done against elite defenses and that's all you see in the postseason. You want Chad behind center against the likes of Pittsburgh or Baltimore? You just witnessed first hand Chad throwing 4 picks, including a pick 6, and getting thrown around all day by the Ravens defense.

When you take Chad out of his comfort zone, he faulters.

His physical limitations make it impossible for him to carry an offense on his back.

I still respect Chad. You really can't find a better leader on and off the field. He's a great guy and he really had the potential to be a great QB in this league. Now injuries have taken their toll and he's severely limited.

LOL

Don't you guys get it?

Pennington always looks good against bottom dwelling teams and is good enough to get you 9 or 10 regular season wins (him winning 11 this year shocked the hell out of me).

Problem is, he can't get it done against elite defenses and that's all you see in the postseason. You want Chad behind center against the likes of Pittsburgh or Baltimore? You just witnessed first hand Chad throwing 4 picks, including a pick 6, and getting thrown around all day by the Ravens defense.

When you take Chad out of his comfort zone, he faulters.

His physical limitations make it impossible for him to carry an offense on his back.

I still respect Chad. You really can't find a better leader on and off the field. He's a great guy and he really had the potential to be a great QB in this league. Now injuries have taken their toll and he's severely limited.

How most people put it. He can get a team from Point A to Point B. Which is a tremendous accomplishment. Though he can't get them from Point B to Point C which is from playoffs to SB team.

Pennington took the Dolphins to playoffs which is a tremendous accomplishment. Considering the mess the organization has been. I say he took them because all credit or blame generally falls on the Qb. Before this season most people on this site wouldn't touch Pennington. Winning cures that. He is as physically limited as pretty much any Qb in the league. He can make up for it with understanding his limitations and does.

Pennington is a starter in the league and an above-average one at that. Jeff Garcia is limited but he wins also. Chad is the Qb but I don't think they drafted Henne to sit on the bench too long. Rodgers sat his first 3 seasons I believe. The circumstances were different. Pennington had a great season and i'll be blind to his short-comings while he's winning. Jeff George was one of the most talented Qb's ever. Yet he had a peanut brain and couldn't get it done.

Only reason I say that is because the Ravens D have so many free agents and New York always seems like they have money to spend. I dont want to see there top free agents go over there with there old coach.

Have a slight concern. With 3 Ravens LBs being free agents, you could easily imagine at least one of them ending up in NY though I do hope that Ray Lewis could be tempted to return to Miami. Also Vernon Gholston should become an integral part of the new Jets D. He could go from bust to boom pretty easily

Ryan is a very good at strategy. He can game plan very well which really worries me. For example, the Wildcat was pretty good for the Dolphins last season because nobody knew what was coming. What did Ryan do? Oh just blitzed and blitzed and blitzed and kept Ronnie in check all game long on both occasions.

I love how Jets fans are once again confident...dont you Jest fans ever get sick of getting heart broken? LOL

Have you asked that same question to yourself and fellow dolphin fans the past decade?

I don't know if I'd say havn't won anything...we did win the AFC East this yr...granted it's not the superbowl, but it's definately a step in the right direction...what have the Jests won recently? Dolphins are moving up while the jests continue to circle the track....or the drain.

I don't know if I'd say havn't won anything...we did win the AFC East this yr...granted it's not the superbowl, but it's definately a step in the right direction...what have the Jests won recently? Dolphins are moving up while the jests continue to circle the track....or the drain.

The dolphins had an excellent year last year, that doesn't guarantee success. I have heard for years how Miami is going to do this and that and it has never happened. You did win the AFC East and became the first AFC East Champ this decade to not win a playoff game. B/c you overachived this year doesn't mean you will next year. Teams get good and bad quickly, just look at our 2006 team. That team was 4-12 the previous year, had a rookie HC who was labeled a genius, Chad pennington led us. The only difference is Tom Brady was playing so we didn't win the division and we haven't been back to postseason since so nothing is guaranteed.

Other than the Pats we are the only team to win the AFC east this decade. I have had the phins crush my hopes several times in the past with the stupid trades and drafts, like you said nothing is guaranteed, but I have seen nothing but positives from the new FO. I have criticized our previous regimes for things ever year as far back as the stache. Everything from the ogunleye for booker trade right up until scameron and mueller decided to try and field a team full of weak mental midgets. The new Fo had their work cut out for them when they got here and I like what they have done, we have a lot farther to go, but it's being done right in the draft and 2nd tier FA's. I expect 1 big name FA to be signed this off-season, either Brown or Dansby would be my guess. Noway they spend $100m on FA's and get some more ancient guys cast off from other teams...this is the lesson the Jests will learn.

Other than the Pats we are the only team to win the AFC east this decade. I have had the phins crush my hopes several times in the past with the stupid trades and drafts, like you said nothing is guaranteed, but I have seen nothing but positives from the new FO. I have criticized our previous regimes for things ever year as far back as the stache. Everything from the ogunleye for booker trade right up until scameron and mueller decided to try and field a team full of weak mental midgets. The new Fo had their work cut out for them when they got here and I like what they have done, we have a lot farther to go, but it's being done right in the draft and 2nd tier FA's. I expect 1 big name FA to be signed this off-season, either Brown or Dansby would be my guess. Noway they spend $100m on FA's and get some more ancient guys cast off from other teams...this is the lesson the Jests will learn.

2002 is this decade, right? The Jets won the AFC East this decade and we are the only team to win the division other than NE in a year where Tom Brady played.

I like where the Fins are headed compared to where the Jets are headed. How is the Brett situation going?

You guys still have more holes than we do it's just we have a hole at a key position.

Back
Top Bottom