Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!

I've been making this exact point for years. Every game is meaningful until you've been eliminated from the playoffs or have locked up your playoff position. This is especially true when you are in a division with the Patriots. Every single loss is a huge hurdle to overcome.

In 2016 at 1-4, I can guarantee that the pressure was on and the team responded with a very good stretch of MEANINGFUL games.

This and the weak schedule argument. Every game is tough in the NFL, just ask the Cleveland Browns. Also, if you have a weak schedule your division rivals do as well as the difference between a first and last place schedule is 2 games. I really don't think a lot of folks realize that even though it's covered in great lengths on here. Furthermore you could argue the team with the last place schedule has it harder when they have to face a team like NE twice and NE only has to face them.

Some posters really exaggerate the whole first and last place schedule argument on here and honestly it's hardly worth mentioning.

Then why do people post that he was so great during this 8 game winning streak?
Because he did play pretty good. is he the sole reason they won, no because it's a team sport.
It's posters like you that want to discredit every little thing that he does. IMO he's above good ,
Not great.

Because he did play pretty good. is he the sole reason they won, no because it's a team sport.
It's posters like you that want to discredit every little thing that he does. IMO he's above good ,
Not great.

For some he's always the reason we lose, but never the reason we win.

Don’t play dumb. You know what a meaningful game in the nfl is. Everyone knows the games with heightened pressure are in December. That’s usually when Tannehill and the dolphins fail epically.

Yes its true ideally you want to play your best football in December and catch fire heading into the playoffs. Ala Joe Flacco 2012, but if you didn't take care of business in September, October, November to be in a position to make December meaningful than there is no heightened pressure. Thus every game is meaningful. If teams play like September, October, November aren't meaningful and don't play with a heightened sense of pressure and most importantly win, December might as well be the pre-season. For reference see any team that was eliminated from the playoffs somewhere in the month of November.

Not great.

<insert 7 year argument here>

<insert 7 year argument here>
What ever, but you're right, he can't make up for the shortcomings of a coach and lack of talent around him. If you can't admit to those two things, then you definitely have an agenda.

All of these Tannehill threads end up sounding like the brilliant parody of Miami sports radio circa 1998 that aired on the Neil Rogers show of that era. It was just a constant drone of “Jimmy and Danny and Danny and Jimmy and Jimmy and Danny and Danny and Jimmy, etc. . . .”

Every Tannehill thread ends up the same way: “Tannehill stinks, no he’s great, no he stinks, does not, yeah he does, no, yes, etc. . . .” Nobody’s changing their minds at this point based on rhetoric. But the Tannehill detractors just can’t resist taking a shot, and the Tannehill apologists just can’t resist defending him against any slight.

After finally having gotten rid of NYJunc, it seems as if his ghost has returned to haunt the forums. Every Tannehill thread is now like a NYJunc thread which would go on for dozens of pages debating the eternal question of whether or not Mark Sanchez was good.

Edited to add the link to the Neil Rogers bit. It’s at the very beginning of this YouTube clip:

For those who weren’t WQAM fans twenty years ago, the radio voices are supposed to be the “First Team,” i.e. Jeff Deforrest, Joe Rose, and Steve “Goldie” Goldstein.

Last edited:
All of these Tannehill threads end up sounding like the brilliant parody of Miami sports radio circa 1998 that aired on the Neil Rogers show of that era. It was just a constant drone of “Jimmy and Danny and Danny and Jimmy and Jimmy and Danny and Danny and Jimmy, etc. . . .”

Every Tannehill thread ends up the same way: “Tannehill stinks, no he’s great, no he stinks, does not, yeah he does, no, yes, etc. . . .” Nobody’s changing their minds at this point based on rhetoric. But the Tannehill detractors just can’t resist taking a shot, and the Tannehill apologists just can’t resist defending him against any slight.

After finally having gotten rid of NYJunc, it seems as if his ghost has returned to haunt the forums. Every Tannehill thread is now like a NYJunc thread which would go on for dozens of pages debating the eternal question of whether or not Mark Sanchez was good.

Edited to add the link to the Neil Rogers bit. It’s at the very beginning of this YouTube clip:

For those who weren’t WQAM fans twenty years ago, the radio voices are supposed to be the “First Team,” i.e. Jeff Deforrest, Joe Rose, and Steve “Goldie” Goldstein.

Agree 100%. So hard to stay away from it lol.

Thank god he's nothing like Sanchez.
I think NYJunc knew Sanchez sucked, he seemed like a pretty smacrt guy. He just like to rile the Finheaven fan base.

Totally disagree. He did the same thing on ganggreen. I think he really believed it.
He definitely believed it, or at the very least, his feelings about Sanchez were sincere.

I can’t vouch for his intelligence, but smarts has nothing to do with it. He was a Jets homer, plain and simple. He simply had no objectivity when it came to his team. You see it on this forum all the time. His opinions on football matters outside of the Jets were a lot more reasonable.

Junc got to walk out of Foxboro playoff game where the Patriots were eliminated. And Sanchez was a big part of it. Sometimes a big moment can blind you to reality. This could come into play for Foles as well. But he's definitely better than Sanchez.

Lets not give that ******* the pleasure of knowing he's being talked about, just incase he lurks
Believe me, I thought about that when I referenced him to start with, but it was just so apropos to a discussion of pointless arguments that convince no one and go on for countless pages.

Back
Top Bottom