Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

IMO the reason his numbers with Pitt were so good is because of Rothlisbergers ability to extend plays. Big Ben has a tremendous pocket feel and because of his size he can shake off the rush and make many big plays.
I agree here absolutely.

But Kenny Stills isnt 'just' a deep threat. Thats a misconception I think. He's a pretty good route runner and we use him all over the field. His biggest weakness is probably run blocking

I've provided stats ad nauseum. We can debate

67-862-10 plus all other stats lower
Vs
72-1017-4 plus all other stats higher

Forever. If it's all about TDs then we can go with that. I have no issue conceding here.

Perhaps the more relevant argument is why did Wallace numbers overall go down from Rothlisberger to Tannehill? Then fell off a cliff in Minn. Then arguably got back to Tannehill status/level with Flacco. Maybe Flacco is just Tannehill. And Finkel is Einhorn.

If Tannehill and Flacco are the same then you are conceding that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl with Tannehill? Aren't you just making the point that if Flacco can win a Super Bowl that the strength of the overall team makes a huge difference in an organization's ability to win?

For the record, I think Tannehill is a better quarterback than Flacco.

If Tannehill and Flacco are the same then you are conceding that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl with Tannehill? Aren't you just making the point that if Flacco can win a Super Bowl that the strength of the overall team makes a huge difference in an organization's ability to win?

LOL. Trapped in a web of nonsense of his own creation.

Flacco had arguably the best post season run in NFL history throwing for 11 tds 0 ints 285 ypg and 117.2 qb rating through 4 games. His 11 tds is tied with Joe Montana for most in a play off run, and his QB rating is the highest for any superbowl winnning QB in the last 18 years.

Clearly Flacco is not who the Ravens thought he was but his 2012 Super Bowl run was some of the best damn QB play in NFL history. So at his peak Flacco has been better than Tannehill even if Tannehill is better right now.

Flacco had arguably the best post season run in NFL history throwing for 11 tds 0 ints 285 ypg and 117.2 qb rating through 4 games. His 11 tds is tied with Joe Montana for most in a play off run, and his QB rating is the highest for any superbowl winnning QB in the last 18 years.

Clearly Flacco is not who the Ravens thought he was but his 2012 Super Bowl run was some of the best damn QB play in NFL history. So at his peak Flacco has been better than Tannehill even if Tannehill is better right now.

And both Flacco and Foles are proof that QBs can go on runs.

Lord above let's not get into a Flacco v RT debate. We are 500+ posts into a Foles v RT discussion.

I've never been a Flacco fan. A lot of QBs could win a Super Bowl the year he did because that D was a once a generation type of defense. It was a modern day Jim McMahon type of run.

Can we get a D like that? Let's do it!! But short of that, we might want to score some more points. We might want a more explosive team. We might want to consistently rate higher in scoring offense than 28.

How does winning % look?
What I find funny is how you refute winnng percentage of a QB in one breath (see posts 1 through 175 lol) then later reference the same stat as a reason the QB is better.

Just odd to me. It's like whichever way the wind blows.

The difference is that Wallace was making $60 million over 5 years and Stills is making $32 Million over 4 years. Wallace was the highest paid WR at the time. The Dolphins needed him to be more than that. They tried and it failed.

That was part of it, but not all of it. It was also due to his role.

Here is what was written about Stills after getting his extension from Miami:

Now, why did Stills not have the drop off that Wallace did? His role didn't change when changing teams.

Regarding Stills, a drop off from what? I don't think he's ever even had a 1000 yard season or 65 catches has he? His career numbers lag Wallace quite a bit I think.

Lord above let's not get into a Flacco v RT debate. We are 500+ posts into a Foles v RT discussion.

I've never been a Flacco fan. A lot of QBs could win a Super Bowl the year he did because that D was a once a generation type of defense. It was a modern day Jim McMahon type of run.

Can we get a D like that? Let's do it!! But short of that, we might want to score some more points. We might want a more explosive team. We might want to consistently rate higher in scoring offense than 28.

What? Ravens defense gave up 20+ points 9 times in the regular season and 30+ points twice in the playoffs. They weren't even a top 10 defense in terms of scoring...watchatalkingabout?

And both Flacco and Foles are proof that QBs can go on runs.

Eh I don't really feel Foles had a run comparable to Flacco nor do I feel it was special. He had 2 very good games and 1 game where he didn't even throw a TD. I feel like a lot of competant QB's could have did what Foles did on that team, I don't feel the same way about Flacco and the Ravens.

LOL. Trapped in a web of nonsense of his own creation.
FinFan you're something man. Your stats get refuted (RT outplaying MM 2016), your arguments go both ways (see above with W-L pct of QBs) and you try to corner the other side of the argument in an area that wasn't even part of the debate. You must get away with this bullying technique against the less intelligent. Pretty sure you a. Aren't a lawyer, and b. Didn't excel in HS or college debate.

Wasn't this about Foles v RT? Or was it can RT win a Super Bowl with a Ravens defense from 2011?

Do you not agree we could get to a Super Bowl faster with a franchise, top tier, QB? If A healthy Aaron Rodgers could play for Miami next year, given the same offensive line (damn that line! Again the line) would it help us win more games? Yes. Multiple.

Or, another option is see if we can get a Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs and Ed Reed type of players and mix in 8 other studs with an attacking scheme and we are good to go with RT.

There are different ways to win in this league. One is 13-3 games which that Ravens team was built for. With the rules of the game favoring offense more every year, and scoring, maybe JUST MAYBE, as we try to improve our defense we could look at a more prolific offense led by a dynamic QB. I said I would take Foles over RT. Some agree some don't. But is Foles the quick fix? No. To me it's an upgrade but not a major one. Gase wants to score points. It's in his DNA. Great, let's score some damn points for once in a decade.

I still hold to RT in 2018 in a prove it year. Draft the backup and have this guy ready in case RT falls down or is reinjured.

Just keep in mind that for a player like RT, or Flacco, or Foles even, you need one hell of a team around him. Miami is a long way away at OL, DL, LB, other groups, and special teams. So maybe scoring more points just might help us win some games.

Your argument again will be let's upgrade the offensive line and we will score. I say do both. Upgrade the team and provide competition everywhere.

To me RT is not gonna get us there. Probably an equal indictment on the brain trusts ability to upgrade the team as much as it is of RT.

Back
Top Bottom