Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

What? Ravens defense gave up 20+ points 9 times in the regular season and 30+ points twice in the playoffs. They weren't even a top 10 defense in terms of scoring...watchatalkingabout?
Still a pretty good defense dontchathink?

Two of four playoff games scoring D of 13 or less. This was a good defense. Certainly Flacco didn't carry this team.

Still a pretty good defense dontchathink?

Two of four playoff games scoring D of 13 or less. This was a good defense. Certainly Flacco didn't carry this team.

I can agree it was a good defense but when you said once in a generation type of defense, thats where i disagree whole heartedly.

Everyone posting. Why do you keep reading it. And posting.

I'm out of this thread as mic has dropped.

giphy.gif

It's not quite enjoyment. More like a rash that's difficult to stop scratching.

I can agree it was a good defense but when you said once in a generation type of defense, thats where i disagree whole heartedly.
their D was better the year before and other years in that period. They went 12-4 but didn't get the ring. The 10-6 team got the ring.

What I find funny is how you refute winnng percentage of a QB in one breath (see posts 1 through 175 lol) then later reference the same stat as a reason the QB is better.

Just odd to me. It's like whichever way the wind blows.

Already addressed. You're too late.

FinFan you're something man. Your stats get refuted (RT outplaying MM 2016), your arguments go both ways (see above with W-L pct of QBs) and you try to corner the other side of the argument in an area that wasn't even part of the debate. You must get away with this bullying technique against the less intelligent. Pretty sure you a. Aren't a lawyer, and b. Didn't excel in HS or college debate.

First thing you've said that I agree with.

Wasn't this about Foles v RT? Or was it can RT win a Super Bowl with a Ravens defense from 2011?

Why did you bring up Wallace then?

Do you not agree we could get to a Super Bowl faster with a franchise, top tier, QB? If A healthy Aaron Rodgers could play for Miami next year, given the same offensive line (damn that line! Again the line) would it help us win more games? Yes. Multiple.

LOL. That's your answer? Get Aaron Rodgers? Sure. Maybe GB will take pity on Miami and give him to us.

Or, another option is see if we can get a Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs and Ed Reed type of players and mix in 8 other studs with an attacking scheme and we are good to go with RT.

Always with the exaggeration. Make your case without debating like a 5 year old.

There are different ways to win in this league. One is 13-3 games which that Ravens team was built for. With the rules of the game favoring offense more every year, and scoring, maybe JUST MAYBE, as we try to improve our defense we could look at a more prolific offense led by a dynamic QB. I said I would take Foles over RT. Some agree some don't. But is Foles the quick fix? No. To me it's an upgrade but not a major one. Gase wants to score points. It's in his DNA. Great, let's score some damn points for once in a decade.

The QB is not the one holding the offense back.

I still hold to RT in 2018 in a prove it year. Draft the backup and have this guy ready in case RT falls down or is reinjured.

The backup will come from FA. The draft may net a developmental project but if that is the guy that steps in, the season is done anyway. Pretty amazing that losing a "below average QB" can tank a season.

Just keep in mind that for a player like RT, or Flacco, or Foles even, you need one hell of a team around him. Miami is a long way away at OL, DL, LB, other groups, and special teams. So maybe scoring more points just might help us win some games.

Or maybe filling some of the holes on the team would be more important.

Your argument again will be let's upgrade the offensive line and we will score. I say do both. Upgrade the team and provide competition everywhere.

How do you propose to do that with limited draft picks and a salary cap?

To me RT is not gonna get us there. Probably an equal indictment on the brain trusts ability to upgrade the team as much as it is of RT.

The problem is that you are exaggerating what is needed. You also contradict yourself on whether a "Tannehill type" QB can with the SB when you mention Flacco and Foles, who both won SB and have the same number of SB wins as Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees. Why can't you understand that?

IMO, Tannehill is good enough. IMO, he is a better QB than Flacco or Foles.

Now we'll have to wait and see. Ping me when the season is over. Until then, we've said all we can. This is boring now.

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaand thread ends with a whimper

First thing you've said that I agree with.

Why did you bring up Wallace then?

LOL. That's your answer? Get Aaron Rodgers? Sure. Maybe GB will take pity on Miami and give him to us.

Always with the exaggeration. Make your case without debating like a 5 year old.

The QB is not the one holding the offense back.

The backup will come from FA. The draft may net a developmental project but if that is the guy that steps in, the season is done anyway. Pretty amazing that losing a "below average QB" can tank a season.

Or maybe filling some of the holes on the team would be more important.

How do you propose to do that with limited draft picks and a salary cap?

The problem is that you are exaggerating what is needed. You also contradict yourself on whether a "Tannehill type" QB can with the SB when you mention Flacco and Foles, who both won SB and have the same number of SB wins as Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees. Why can't you understand that?

IMO, Tannehill is good enough. IMO, he is a better QB than Flacco or Foles.

Now we'll have to wait and see. Ping me when the season is over. Until then, we've said all we can. This is boring now.

The funniest thing about this whole thread is that your a huge Ryan Tannehill fan. Be honest, you have a poster of him in your room don't you? You can't come out in public as a huge Tannehill fan or you will get laughed at by any one who watches NFL football, but on this board it's pretty cute that a guy that mediocre has still has fans like you.

The funniest thing about this whole thread is that your a huge Ryan Tannehill fan. Be honest, you have a poster of him in your room don't you? You can't come out in public as a huge Tannehill fan or you will get laughed at by any one who watches NFL football, but on this board it's pretty cute that a guy that mediocre has still has fans like you.

Thanks for bringing your best to the conversation.

Aaaaaaaand thread ends with a whimper

Not to reopen the debate, but I do find it interesting how differently the pro-Tannehill crowd and anti-Tannehill crowd view something like Nick Foles winning the SB. The pro-Tannehill crowd sees it as vindication that a good QB can beat an elite QB when the good QB has the better team. The anti-Tannehill crowd sees it as just another QB that is better than Tannehill. It doesn't even matter that 2 months ago 90% of the anti-Tannehill crowd would have picked Tannehill over Foles in a poll.

Foles's is a good QB. Better than Tannehill at this point. And I'm not sure this can be argued. Some of the throws this guy made in the superbowl were very impressive. He also had a year with 24Td and like 4 INT's Tannehill has never come close to that.

Foles's is a good QB. Better than Tannehill at this point. And I'm not sure this can be argued. Some of the throws this guy made in the superbowl were very impressive. He also had a year with 24Td and like 4 INT's Tannehill has never come close to that.

You're not sure it can be argued? Fifteen pages in?

Tannehill is injury prone. A wooden statue is better than tannehill at this point.

I've said it a thousand times but I will say it again. If you don't have a QB ranked in the top 10 in the league then you need to keep looking. Tannehill is a middle of the pack QB so we need to keep searching for an elite or at least a top 10 QB.

As an RT supporter, I agree with this. If you feel like you have a chance at a better QB, then take that chance.

Back
Top Bottom