Anyone know of another player like Egnew? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone know of another player like Egnew?

Phillip Rivers sat for 2 years, Aaron Rodgers sat for 4 years, Tom Brady sat for a year, Victor Cruz was on the Giants practice squad for a year, Malcolm Floyd was a practice squad player for the majority of his rookie season and played in just 4 games...there are a few more but I think that's good enough.

These are "nonsense" comparisons. You can't compare QB's because they don't get "spot action"; unless the starter gets hurt. Floyd was not even drafted...let along a 3rd. Cruz was also undrafted.

So, no that isn't "good enough." Your examples of Floyd and Cruz are cases where they were not "expected" to produce, but did. In this case...Egnew is "expected" to produce and hasn't.

Not sure if he has been mentioned.

Jimmy Graham was also drafted in the third round. Graham only played one season of college ball after transfering from basketball. Graham did not make his NFL debut until Week 9 and only played in 5 games his rookie season.

Not saying Eggy is the next Graham. As others have mentioned, Victor Cruz, Malcom Floyd both rode the PS before making it big.

Pat white worst seconnd round pick ever. After one year out of NFL
and, if memory serves me - despite starting a game against the steelers, he finished his NFL career with ZERO completions!

Keep this in mind. The 2 TEs to come out of Missouri prior to Egnew were both studs there but never amounted to anything in the NFL. They have the same issue as Egnew. A lack of strength resulting in poor blocking. Hopefully this staff can develop his inner core because he has very good pass catching skills.

It's amazing how much face time the guy gets in games, he always seems to be standing next to someone important on the sidelines in games. Still has the "I don't know what the f is going on here" look on his face though.

Arrelious Benn WR, drafted 2010 taken in the 2nd round 1 pick before Koa Misi, guy in his 3rd season, only active for 8 games, with an amazing 4 catches for 26 yards

Taylor Price WR drafted 2010 3rd round taken by genious Bill Belicheck, active for 1 game, 3 catches 41 yards in 2010, in 2011, 3 games active with the Patriots 0 catches, then traded to the Jaguars, and active for 2 games with 2 catches, 2012 not a single game active..........

Mardy Gilyard WR drafted 2010, 1st pick of the 4th round, 2010 6 games active, 6 catches for 63 yards, all of 2011 inactive, aquired by the Eagles for 6 games with 0 catches, aquired by the Jets, 2 games active with 2 catches for 16 yards

every single draft is littered with players like this, some drafted by the most respected best GMs in the NFL

WHO DID RODGERS HAVE IN FRONT OF HIM...Who did rivers have in front of him, even brady had one of the best qbs from the 90s in front of him...

If you are going to list QBs, positions that do get sat more often than any other, at least pick qbs that sat ehind BAD starters...
OK, Carson Palmer sat for a year behind Jon Kitna.

I think the draft "experts" fell in love with his measurables. I watched him and there was nothing I saw that impressed me about him, however, I do have confidence in this coaching staff in developing players and I do have hope they will get some kind of production out of him. If not, well, then he was a bust...but he won't be the first 3rd round bust and he won't be the last. Generally speaking about 30% of drafted players make a career out of the NFL the rest are pretty much gone within 5 years.

And yet Finheaven still believes thats a better chance of acquiring talent via draft than signing a big name free agent or heaven forbid we trade a 2nd rounder for a talented player, finheaven flips **** when the thought of giving up these priceless 2nd and 3rd round picks. Even though we havent drafted a player worth a damn in the 2nd or 3rd round in forever, I think we miss like 90% of the time and they are gone within 5 years. But lets keep doing what we've been doing, drafting the pat white's and Daniel thomas in the 2nd round. Been working great for years, and yet Finheaven will refuse to give up a freaking 2nd round pick for a pro bowl player

And yet Finheaven still believes thats a better chance of acquiring talent via draft than signing a big name free agent or heaven forbid we trade a 2nd rounder for a talented player, finheaven flips **** when the thought of giving up these priceless 2nd and 3rd round picks. Even though we havent drafted a player worth a damn in the 2nd or 3rd round in forever, I think we miss like 90% of the time and they are gone within 5 years. But lets keep doing what we've been doing, drafting the pat white's and Daniel thomas in the 2nd round. Been working great for years, and yet Finheaven will refuse to give up a freaking 2nd round pick for a pro bowl player

See? This guy gets it! I bet he and I are the only two people in the world that believe the Washington Redskins have won that last 10 SB's.

You must have not been a Dolphins fan in the last few years of Shula's career or all through the Wannstedt years. They both tried that and it failed. What you end up doing is over paying for talent, getting old quickly and lacking depth because of the over paid talent...the bottom of the roster suffers cause you have to get cheap, non contributing players to fill out the roster.

Teams like the Packers and Atlanta are well above the 30% average with draft picks. Teams like Jacksonville are well below the 30% average. You can judge the results for yourself.

Worst first round pick EVER. My buddy and I were watching that draft and when Milner was picked we both were like, "who????"

In all fairness to Shula, the Phins needed O-line help at the time. Shula tried to duplicate the success he had in the 1990 draft with Richmond Webb and Keith Sims. He tried to find a RT and RG in rds 1 and 2.
Shula was targeting Kory Stringer (RIP), but he was taken by the Vikings a few picks earlier. He settled for Milner out of Houston based on the strong recommendation of Kim Helton (Houston HC) who previously had worked under Shula as an O-line coach.
He obviously got some bad advice. Milner was soft and unathletic (bad combo for a T).

In that video, did you see him run any ROUTES outside of a bubble, screen, or a 4 yard slant? I haven't seen him run any 20 yard routes, i haven't seen him catch long balls, I haven't seen him run 30 yards up the seam and create stuff. He shows NOTHING but screens, bubbles and 4 yard slants. He plays the Welker role except Welker turns a 5 yard slant into a 25 yard play.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching that video.

We have a guy like that on the roster already and his name is Paul Soliai. Everyone thought he was a bust after his first few years and he really turned it on in 2010 and has become a big part of our D.

Back
Top Bottom