Anyone still buying the Herm hype? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone still buying the Herm hype?

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
That Herm Edwards is a good coach? Now, he might win this game. But that has more to do with Marty being a terrible playoff coach not Herm being good.

Tonight Herm has got in a fight with an assistant on the field and needed to be restrained. Then had 2 defensive plays in a row with just 10 guys on the field.

Never see this stuff happening with Belichick, Cower, Reid, Marricui, or the other top flight coaches in this league.

Herm is a terrible head coach, I pray the Jets keep him around forever!

He gets them in the playoffs almost every year.. but I dont think he will ever get them to the big game..

SkapePhin said:
He gets them in the playoffs almost every year.. but I dont think he will ever get them to the big game..
He is Wannstedt junior. He might win ya 1 playoff game. Will never win ya 2 or 3 or a super bowl.

Not to mention, he offensive coordintor calls the offense. His defensive coordinator calls the defensive plays. Yet, Herm still pays and has someone be a "clock manager". What exactly is Herm doing on the sideline? He calls no plays and doesn't run the clock management!

MikeO said:
That Herm Edwards is a good coach? Now, he might win this game. But that has more to do with Marty being a terrible playoff coach not Herm being good.

Tonight Herm has got in a fight with an assistant on the field and needed to be restrained. Then had 2 defensive plays in a row with just 10 guys on the field.

Never see this stuff happening with Belichick, Cower, Reid, Marricui, or the other top flight coaches in this league.

Herm is a terrible head coach, I pray the Jets keep him around forever!
yes, to echo what others have said, herm IS a good coach... he turned that team around.

its not the coach's fault if one boneheaded player makes a boneheaded play.

MikeO said:
He is Wannstedt junior. He might win ya 1 playoff game. Will never win ya 2 or 3 or a super bowl.

Not to mention, he offensive coordintor calls the offense. His defensive coordinator calls the defensive plays. Yet, Herm still pays and has someone be a "clock manager". What exactly is Herm doing on the sideline? He calls no plays and doesn't run the clock management!

I think he's better than Wanny, but not by much. He's an OK football coach, but certainly nothing to covet. After he leaves the Jets I doubt he gets another job.

texasPHINSfan said:
yes, to echo what others have said, herm IS a good coach... he turned that team around.

Turned the team around? The team was a year removed away from the AFC Championship game when he took over. He hasn't come close yet with that bunch.

texasPHINSfan said:

i agree with you

Back
Top Bottom