Anyone still buying the Herm hype? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone still buying the Herm hype?

Schottenheimer probably has a better record than that. I think the source I got it from was old.

texasPHINSfan said:
the most overrated coach is bill belichick...... lets see how good he is next year without his romeo crennel and charlie weis.
No offense, but that is one of the most shallow statements I've seen here. You're saying that Belichick is overrated because HE has surrounded himself with people who can actually coach? If he went 4-12, he'd take the blame for it, just like Wanny. Well he runs one of the finest organizations in all of sports right now, and he has final say on EVERYTHING. He deserves the credit for the Patriots success. Very comparable to our very own Phins of the early 70's(an everyone knew Bill Arnsparger ran that great defense. Was Shula overrated in 70-74? No he ran a great team a the time, just as this has been Belichicks' time. Give him his props. :)

I hope that the Patriots by losing their offensive and defensive corrdinators effects them in the win-loss record. But everyone knows Belly-boy runs the Defense, and it won't take a hit. Where they could have a problem is on the offense, because I know it's hurt us going through five offensive coordinators in 8 years (Stevens -97, Brown 98-99(WTF), Gailey 00-01, Turner 02-03, Foester 04(WTF). We need continuity in our staff over a 3-5 year span.

So the Patiots may fall from 14-2, to maybe 12-4 or 11-5. Still light years ahead of us until St. Nick can turn this ship around, and I think it will take him 2-3 drafts/seasons to build us up right. He can trade any player he likes, because this blueprint created by JJ and Wanny has failed. Of the current players that could carry over during the next three years, maybe Taylor, McMicheal, Chambers, and Pope....that's right...Zach will on his way out pretty soon, along with Madison, and Surtain. Those are a few of the fan favorites that WILL be gone within the next two seasons. I have a feeling Taylor will also be history(mostly because salary cap issues). I bet we have less than 6-10 players, and maybe 1-2 current coaches from our current roster on the 2007 season's roster. That's what it's going to take to purge the candy asses from our team.

Peace Out! :cooldude:

PhinFan2006 said:
No offense, but that is one of the most shallow statements I've seen here. You're saying that Belichick is overrated because HE has surrounded himself with people who can actually coach? If he went 4-12, he'd take the blame for it, just like Wanny. Well he runs one of the finest organizations in all of sports right now, and he has final say on EVERYTHING. He deserves the credit for the Patriots success. Very comparable to our very own Phins of the early 70's(an everyone knew Bill Arnsparger ran that great defense. Was Shula overrated in 70-74? No he ran a great team a the time, just as this has been Belichicks' time. Give him his props. :)

I hope that the Patriots by losing their offensive and defensive corrdinators effects them in the win-loss record. But everyone knows Belly-boy runs the Defense, and it won't take a hit. Where they could have a problem is on the offense, because I know it's hurt us going through five offensive coordinators in 8 years (Stevens -97, Brown 98-99(WTF), Gailey 00-01, Turner 02-03, Foester 04(WTF). We need continuity in our staff over a 3-5 year span.

So the Patiots may fall from 14-2, to maybe 12-4 or 11-5. Still light years ahead of us until St. Nick can turn this ship around, and I think it will take him 2-3 drafts/seasons to build us up right. He can trade any player he likes, because this blueprint created by JJ and Wanny has failed. Of the current players that could carry over during the next three years, maybe Taylor, McMicheal, Chambers, and Pope....that's right...Zach will on his way out pretty soon, along with Madison, and Surtain. Those are a few of the fan favorites that WILL be gone within the next two seasons. I have a feeling Taylor will also be history(mostly because salary cap issues). I bet we have less than 6-10 players, and maybe 1-2 current coaches from our current roster on the 2007 season's roster. That's what it's going to take to purge the candy asses from our team.

Peace Out! :cooldude:

don't confuse "overrated" with "good."

i didn't say Belichick wasn't good.

How easy it is to forget that herm has made it into round two. Remember he destroyed that raiders team in the play-offs. Last year he lost his star player in week two or three and this year he is in round two again. The jets are not exactly a talented team. And remember that their best defensive player was out when their late season swoon began. I would take Herm in a heartbeat. If Saban had Herm's track record when he was in the NFL he would have never left.

texasPHINSfan said:
don't confuse "overrated" with "good."

i didn't say Belichick wasn't good.
Hey, maybe you're the most overrated poster on this site. Now I didn't say you weren't a good one. :D

PhinFan2006 said:
Hey, maybe you're the most overrated poster on this site. Now I didn't say you weren't a good one. :D
touche! ;)

but, to be overrated, that would mean people hype me up then wouldn't it?

i think herm is a very good coach..u all just hate him b/c he's a jets coach

PhinFan2006 said:
Correct, you just may be underrated, or rated just right. :cooldude:
well, let me make my point better, as to not look like a total douche.

I think Bill is overrated because of all the credit he gets for everything on that team.

If his defensive coordinator has a great scheme or package going on, crennel takes a back seat to Bill's public praise for that. same thing goes for offense and how no matter what you do to try to stop them, Weis finds a way. Do you hear about charlie weis a lot? Not until the coaching position at notre dame came up.

What i'm saying is, these schemes and plays may be great, but bill is just the manager.... he didn't "come up" with them. Now, next year will be a true test. I doubt they'll hit the same 14-2 season, but as you said, i don't doubt they'll have trouble hitting 11-5 either.

that said, Bill is an excellent coach.... but he is still overrated.

LOL U not like UT or something?
This has nothing to do with me be a UT fan just I log on and exspected to find something about the dolphins instead I find people talking about the jets coach.

texasPHINSfan said:
well, let me make my point better, as to not look like a total douche.

I think Bill is overrated because of all the credit he gets for everything on that team.

If his defensive coordinator has a great scheme or package going on, crennel takes a back seat to Bill's public praise for that. same thing goes for offense and how no matter what you do to try to stop them, Weis finds a way. Do you hear about charlie weis a lot? Not until the coaching position at notre dame came up.

What i'm saying is, these schemes and plays may be great, but bill is just the manager.... he didn't "come up" with them. Now, next year will be a true test. I doubt they'll hit the same 14-2 season, but as you said, i don't doubt they'll have trouble hitting 11-5 either.

that said, Bill is an excellent coach.... but he is still overrated.

I see what you're saying, however I think everyone knew Weis ran the offense, and Belichick has always had his hands on the defense. This observation hold true by Notre Dame hiring him as their HC.

Weis would have been hired away after thier first Super Bowl win, however every good coaching option was gone before the end of the playoffs. Since his system has been used for at least 5 years now, I can see a promotion from within to fill the void, and continue much of the current playbook that seems to work for them very well. Crommel will be missed, but far less than Weis. The Patriots are going to be a very strong team for the next few years.

Can you tell me wht we let them draft Vince Wilfork? DAMNITALL! :fire:
Vernon Carey WHO???????

Back
Top Bottom