Anyone still buying the Herm hype? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone still buying the Herm hype?

I dont' care what anyone says Herm has been one of the most over rated HC's in the NFL for years.

Any coach who "plays to tie the game" is terrible. Herm Edwards is overrated and I also hope he is always the Jets coach.

I used to think he was good.

Now I find out he has a specific coach to call timeouts. He doesnt call his own plays. After that fight with the RB coach (apparently over putting Jordan in the game) it now seems he doesnt even pick his personel. So all he has left to do is ensure things run smoothly, and he cant even do that.

Great Coach.

yeah he's so horrible he just got his team further into the playoffs.

come on guys, if you are going to bash people, at least do it to people that prove you correct that they are ineffective. You can't sit here and say a coach sucks if his team is progressing in the playoffs.

PhinsPhan said:
I used to think he was good.

Now I find out he has a specific coach to call timeouts. He doesnt call his own plays. After that fight with the RB coach (apparently over putting Jordan in the game) it now seems he doesnt even pick his personel. So all he has left to do is ensure things run smoothly, and he cant even do that.

Great Coach.
we have no idea what that fight was over, i doubt it was what you say it was, and its horrible of us to foster hatred on speculation like that.

I hate the Jets, but i'll give credit where its due. Herm is a pretty good coach.

Remember Herm Edwards is the same guy who ran back Larry Csonka's fumble (while Csonka was a NY Giants RB) as the Giants decided not to fall on the football. Edwards and the Eagles won.

With that being said Herm won't take them to "the Show." I did like his argument with the RB's coach tonight though!

ohall said:
I dont' care what anyone says Herm has been one of the most over rated HC's in the NFL for years.
Couldn't agree more!

texasPHINSfan said:

come on guys, if you are going to bash people, at least do it to people that prove you correct that they are ineffective. You can't sit here and say a coach sucks if his team is progressing in the playoffs.
Even Wannstedt won a first round playoff game. That is no great thing!

MikeO said:
Couldn't agree more!
the most overrated coach is bill belichick...... lets see how good he is next year without his romeo crennel and charlie weis.

i think his successes have been a result to a great coaching staff, not just him. Bill didnt do much in cleveland as i remember....

we'll see next year though.

texasPHINSfan said:

LoL he didn't get his team any where. The Chargers kicker lost that game. The Jets didn't win it.

Herm is the luckiest SOG HC I have ever seen.

MikeO said:
That Herm Edwards is a good coach? Now, he might win this game. But that has more to do with Marty being a terrible playoff coach not Herm being good.

Tonight Herm has got in a fight with an assistant on the field and needed to be restrained. Then had 2 defensive plays in a row with just 10 guys on the field.

Never see this stuff happening with Belichick, Cower, Reid, Marricui, or the other top flight coaches in this league.

Herm is a terrible head coach, I pray the Jets keep him around forever!
But it's amazing how old Marty keep a H.CING job right after he's fired THE GOOD OL BOYS NETWORK at it's best!!!!1

dirtyb163 said:
But it's amazing how old Marty keep a H.CING job right after he's fired THE GOOD OL BOYS NETWORK at it's best!!!!1

Marty has a career coaching record of 170-124-1. He's not coach just because he's white.

bakedmatt said:
Marty has a career coaching record of 170-124-1. He's not coach just because he's white.
yeah, i was going to say...

what was that all about anyway? Good 'ol boys network? the guy has a winning record, which is actually rare in the NFL these days...

Back
Top Bottom