Archie Manning Doubts Peyton and Luck Want to be Teammates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Archie Manning Doubts Peyton and Luck Want to be Teammates

miami234ever

DenverCheesesteak
Reaction score
“We know Andrew well. He comes down to our camp every year. I used to play with his dad [Oliver]....I’m in New York, I heard from him last night. Peyton’s also tried to help Andrew and kind of be a friend. I doubt if either one want to play on the same team.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-peyton-and-andrew-luck-want-to-be-teammates/

It's going to be really interesting to see what happens with Luck and Manning down the stretch. Either Oliver Luck takes advice from his old buddy Archie Manning and makes a power play, or the Colts let the Luck family know early on that they are parting ways with Manning. I also think it's Archie's way of saying Peyton does not want to play with Andrew. I also think the Peyton-Andrew friendship will confuse things a bit and direct them towards wanting to play on separate teams. If Miami finishes with a top 7 pick, you have to at least consider the pick if it becomes available...

I cannot wait until the draft!

Indy will take Luck, Manning will force them to use the opt out clause and he will sign with a contender in need of a QB. And to tell you the truth, we look like the best option for Manning with the way our defense is playing.

I've been predicting that to be the case for a long time. Andrew might not be given a choice. If I were Andrew I would try to get the Colts to trade me, but if they have a bee in their bonnet about keeping him...I don't know if I'd let them stare me down into not signing in 2012. That would be a big decision.

But if Peyton Manning agreed to work with me on pressuring the Colts into accepting a trade package from another team, then I'd be inclined to try and win a staring contest with them.

Indy will take Luck, Manning will force them to use the opt out clause and he will sign with a contender in need of a QB. And to tell you the truth, we look like the best option for Manning with the way our defense is playing.

If they opt out with Manning that would have to happen within days of the Super Bowl because that's when the money is due.

Damn maybe Archie Manning could allow his 'Boys" to make a decision on their own instead of forcing where they will play. Polian signed Manning to a $100 million dollar deal and he is on the hook for $19 million if he cuts Manning. The best option might be for Polian to look for a team to deal him to, get whatver he can, and have Luck as their new QB for the next 10-15 years.

Here is the key to Manning's contract - The Colts have to decide in early March whether to pay Peyton Manning a $28 million option bonus that activates the final four years of his five-year, $90 million contract. If they don’t, the NFL’s only four-time MVP becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Yeah it is March.
By then Peyton will know the intentions of the Colts in the draft and could force their hand. Would be beneficial to us if he is interested in signing with Miami, get him in before the draft, draft a guy to groom behind him in the 2nd round or so and wait with great anticipation for the season to start....oh and I would be really excited.

By then Peyton will know the intentions of the Colts in the draft and could force their hand. Would be beneficial to us if he is interested in signing with Miami, get him in before the draft, draft a guy to groom behind him in the 2nd round or so and wait with great anticipation for the season to start....oh and I would be really excited.

I would think Polian would try to at least trade Manning, rather then just flat out cutting him. I believe Manning will get $19 million from the Colts if he is cut. This was part of the $100 million contract. If they decide to keep Manning, they have to pay Manning $28 million as a bonus, so either way they are going to have to pay him or trade him.

Honestly a healthy Manning (big question mark) would probably be the best thing for us. We are going to win ourselves out of a chance at Barkley. Plus..Im from Indiana and nothing could make me happier than Manning coming here and winning us a few rings before he goes out so I can rub that in all those Colts fans faces. That would be perfect.

I'd like to see some better sources on the date of that bonus being due. A quick mention on PFT isn't good enough because I'd seen a few months ago a very specific note saying it was something like 2 or 3 days after the Super Bowl.

The thing I wouldn't do is trade for Manning with his neck the way it is. You'd have to negotiate with him as a free agent and design a contract that works from a risk standpoint. Also keep in mind that the Jets may make an offer too and he may take that offer.

For some reason I feel Andrew Luck, out of respect for maybe the greatest to play the position, would rather get traded than put Peyton in that situation. I'm sure they'll have some conversations concerning it.

The thing I wouldn't do is trade for Manning with his neck the way it is. You'd have to negotiate with him as a free agent and design a contract that works from a risk standpoint. Also keep in mind that the Jets may make an offer too and he may take that offer.
Possibly the worst outcome ever...no Luck..no Barkley..and Manning a Jet? Good grief. One thing Ill say is that IF Manning is healthy...it is hard for me to imagine Ross being outbid for him. Now if he wants to take less to be a Jet...thats a different story. Which honestly, I could see Manning taking less to go where he thinks he will have the best shot at a ring. Im thinkin Reggie Wayne will want to follow him as well

I've been predicting that to be the case for a long time. Andrew might not be given a choice. If I were Andrew I would try to get the Colts to trade me, but if they have a bee in their bonnet about keeping him...I don't know if I'd let them stare me down into not signing in 2012. That would be a big decision.

But if Peyton Manning agreed to work with me on pressuring the Colts into accepting a trade package from another team, then I'd be inclined to try and win a staring contest with them.

Here we agree on the scenario of a great QB being available!!!! Except why would Manning "force a trade" and hurt his new team? I say he forces the Colts into paying his 28 million. Of course, they will not and have to cut him. BTW, the bonus is DUE before the league year commences.

Back
Top Bottom