Archie Manning Doubts Peyton and Luck Want to be Teammates | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Archie Manning Doubts Peyton and Luck Want to be Teammates

Here we agree on the scenario of a great QB being available!!!! Except why would Manning "force a trade" and hurt his new team? I say he forces the Colts into paying his 28 million. Of course, they will not and have to cut him. BTW, the bonus is DUE before the league year commences.

What's the difference between hurting your team by forcing a trade and forcing your team to make you the highest paid player in the NFL? I see both equally hurting your team.

I would think Polian would try to at least trade Manning, rather then just flat out cutting him. I believe Manning will get $19 million from the Colts if he is cut. This was part of the $100 million contract. If they decide to keep Manning, they have to pay Manning $28 million as a bonus, so either way they are going to have to pay him or trade him.
I think gets the bonus if he gets traded as well.

Possibly the worst outcome ever...no Luck..no Barkley..and Manning a Jet? Good grief. One thing Ill say is that IF Manning is healthy...it is hard for me to imagine Ross being outbid for him. Now if he wants to take less to be a Jet...thats a different story. Which honestly, I could see Manning taking less to go where he thinks he will have the best shot at a ring. Im thinkin Reggie Wayne will want to follow him as well

I'm fine with Manning to the Jets. He's in worse shape than Favre, physically, and Favre was awful for them due in part to injuries.

Peyton's also a guy who likes to orchestrate a complex offense with receivers he has a rapport with. I'm sure he'll go in there and be amazing with just one offseason to work with those guys. Really. Seriously.

Another question I have is, what would it cost to acquire that 1st overall pick if Miami had, for example, the 7th overall selection? Two 1sts, two 3rds, two 5ths, two 7ths and a player? Is that worth it for Miami? For Indianapolis? Personally, I would think so...

Discuss....

Another question I have is, what would it cost to acquire that 1st overall pick if Miami had, for example, the 7th overall selection? Two 1sts, two 3rds, two 5ths, two 7ths and a player? Is that worth it for Miami? For Indianapolis? Personally, I would think so...

Discuss....
Well, since we will most likely be out of the top ten, probably at least Jake Long, Vontae Davis, and two firsts. That will probably be just enough to open discussion.

Well, since we will most likely be out of the top ten, probably at least Jake Long, Vontae Davis, and two firsts. That will probably be just enough to open discussion.
Maybe...but not if it is public that Manning doesnt want to play with Luck. If thats the case, I dont think the price will get that steep.

I'm fine with Manning to the Jets. He's in worse shape than Favre, physically, and Favre was awful for them due in part to injuries.

Peyton's also a guy who likes to orchestrate a complex offense with receivers he has a rapport with. I'm sure he'll go in there and be amazing with just one offseason to work with those guys. Really. Seriously.
I said if he is healthy. If a healthy Manning goes to the Jets...2/3 top QBs in the league in our division....Im sure that will be fun.

What's the difference between hurting your team by forcing a trade and forcing your team to make you the highest paid player in the NFL? I see both equally hurting your team.

Ummm...so you would rather send the pick and pay him the mega salary he did with the Colts? At least under my scenario, we have our top picks to build around him and make a run. He will be paid well, but who cares? Make a run!!!

Is this Luck or Manning we are talking about????

I was thinking the same thing hearing the radio last night.

As a GM of the Colts, if someone (Dolphins) mention about trading 3 #1's. Would you do it? Being that nobody knows what Luck will be in the pros (of course his body of work would lead you to believe he will have success) is that type of investment worth doing even for someone like Luck? My opinion is yes. This team needs to do whatever it can to position themselves to be successful and having a franchise qb IS NEEDED in this league now.

I am crossing my fingers and toes hoping that the Dolphins make this off-season very memorable (in a good way) for us fans who have been waiting for a long time to hear the name of a franchise qb called in the first round.

Ummm...so you would rather send the pick and pay him the mega salary he did with the Colts? At least under my scenario, we have our top picks to build around him and make a run. He will be paid well, but who cares? Make a run!!!

Trading for him means you get him. Hoping and praying they cut him is living in dream land, too many teams would part ways with multiple picks to get him.

Then lets pretend your dream scenario comes true and Manning is released, you now have to hope and pray again that he signs with us and not with a team like...

Houston that has a great run game and a top defense, one of the best receivers in the game and real good TE

or

a team like NYJ that has a TE similar to Clark, Holmes and Burress a solid defense and an FO that will do anything to try to improve the team each year

or

what about Dallas they could easily dump Romo and be superbowl contenders for the next 3/4 years - J.Jones would do that in a heart beat.

I haven't even mentioned Washington, KC, Seattle and there's probably more teams that would go crazy for him. I just have a hard time thinking the hope and pray method would work out, if you really want the guy then trade for him.

Trading for him means you get him. Hoping and praying they cut him is living in dream land, too many teams would part ways with multiple picks to get him.
His contract extension and mega bonus kick in before trade season opens back up. Most likely scenario for Peyton is that he is cut by the Colts.

His contract extension and mega bonus kick in before trade season opens back up. Most likely scenario for Peyton is that he is cut by the Colts.

One year of cap hell for Indy to earn a boat load of picks and almost guarantee them another decade of brillance is well worth it!

When Palmer gets a 1st and 2nd that escalates to another 1st then trading for Manning starts at two 1st's and then gets going from there.

Back
Top Bottom