Are Jets' fans constantly drunk or just plain stupid? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Jets' fans constantly drunk or just plain stupid?

So then who is to blame for all your losses this season then? Surely it cant be the amazing Jets defense? I will say that the Jets defense is fantastic but they didnt come thru in a number of games this year when it mattered (during crunch time when the game was on the line). Jax and Mia are examples.

And I dont need to site any specific posts on how you get "owned" on your own board. Favre is tearing it up this season and leading the Vikings to the playoffs. You wrongly thought he would fold.

I have broken it down many times.

Sanchez 3(though if we don't get a penalty we have a chip shot FG to win the Buf game)
Defense 2(at Miami, vs. jax)
Special teams 1(vs. Miami)

Our D is excellent but they still have had a few rough patches this season.

If it was all about QB play we would be 10-3 right now thinking bye inseatd of hoping teams lose so we can get the final WC spot.

You do need to cite specific examples, you obviously have no clue waht the discussion is about. I said he's been playing great this season- am I wrong? I have said he'll fade down the stretch like he always does, he has been struggling of late. he had 3 INts through 11 games, he has 3 the last 2 weeks. He'll find a way to blow it like he has late in years for most of the last decade and if he does play well and they win it all I'll tip my cap. I just don't see it happening.

I skipped page 5 to 10, so I don't know what everyone is talking about right now but:

If it were all about Henne's QB play, we'd be 10-0 with him.
Don't bring up the Saints game where he had 2 picks, because one of them wasn't his fault, and he led the offense to 34 points, but our D folded in the 4th quarter.

de·lu·sion (d
ibreve-1.gif
-l
oomacr-1.gif
prime-1.gif
zh
schwa-1.gif
n)
n. 1. a. The act or process of deluding.
b. The state of being deluded.

2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.
3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution

de·lu·sion (d
ibreve-1.gif
-l
oomacr-1.gif
prime-1.gif
zh
schwa-1.gif
n)
n. 1. a. The act or process of deluding.
b. The state of being deluded.

2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.
3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution

I guess that's like when you think Nick Saban is building the NFLs next dynasty?

I just think its too early to judge Sanchez, some of you are going off with how bad Sanchez is and how Henne is a star (even though he has a 74 QB rating and Tom Brady who came in year 2 was much better)

I have a feeling Sanchez will have a higher QB rating than 74 next year. I think Henne is a solid game manager, just don't know how good he'll be. I hated him in college as he always choked in games and was hesitate with the ball. Hes doing solid though right now. He has been better than Mark this year, but he has a very big advantage.

I don't think Henne will ever be as good as Tom Brady, having said that, when comparing Passer Ratings, Henne has faced far better competition (opponents Passer Rating against). Very rarely does an NFL QB go through an 11 game stretch facing the kind of pass defenses that Henne has faced this year.

OPRA=Opponent's Passer Rating against
OPRA (2001): 59.9 completion %, 6.6 YPA, 1.28 TD/INT (329/258), 79.7 Passer Rating
Brady (2001): 63.9 completion %, 6.9 YPA, 1.5 TD/INT (18/12), 86.5 Passer Rating

OPRA (2009): 59 completion %, 6.2 YPA, .92 TD/INT (188/205), 72.7 Passer Rating
Henne (2009): 59.3 completion %, 6.4 YPA, .83 TD/INT (10/12), 73.8 Passer Rating

OPRA (2009): 60.2 completion %, 6.8 YPA, 1.12 TD/INT (240/215), 78.9 Passer Rating
Sanchez (2009): 53.5 completion %, 6.9 YPA, .6 TD/INT (12/20), 62.3 Passer Rating

All things considered, Henne has been considerably better than what his Passer Rating indicates.

Back
Top Bottom