Are Jets' fans constantly drunk or just plain stupid? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Jets' fans constantly drunk or just plain stupid?

The difference is I don't claim to be informed about Wake. I didn't sau he was good or bad b/c I haven't seen him. I simply pointed something out about his sack #s b/c people were pointing to that as if it is proof he has arrived. 3 came in a blowout, non competitive game and he got a 4th in garbage time last week. That doesn't mean he's not doing a good job rushing the passer I'm just digging deeper into the #s.

Dig a little deeper or get a bigger TV..., there are a lot of things that don't show up in the box score...

well, maybe you should keep your opinion a bit closer to your vest if you haven't had the chance to form an educated opinion yet?

I didn't offer an opinion on him, I just cautioned not to go overboard like fans always do. Let the guy establish himself before proclaiming him a top 5-10 pass rusher.

Dig a little deeper or get a bigger TV..., there are a lot of things that don't show up in the box score...

Absolutely, there are so many things not available in a box score but unfortunately we don't have access to all that info. We don't know if a QB throws an INT if he made the wrong read or the WR made the wrong read but in most cases the QB gets blamed.

Absolutely, there are so many things not available in a box score but unfortunately we don't have access to all that info. We don't know if a QB throws an INT if he made the wrong read or the WR made the wrong read but in most cases the QB gets blamed.[/quote]

How about you watch the games at least before spouting off - because Wake dominates... Who cares what people say he is or isn't just freakin watch...

6j28i9-1.jpg

:lol2:

It's 3 games that completely skew his #s, he's been good in 75% of his games but uninformed fans like you guys see the overall and say he isn't doing well when he has played well. he's had 3 awful games to skew the #s but he's been good most of the year.

In the Manning/Brady I acknowledge Manning is the better reg season QB but when the games get big Brady steps forward and Peyton steps back. That's a fact. What good is winning all those reg season games if you can't do it in January? Check The stats on Manning's Ds in postseason and check what Peyton has led those high powered O's to in playoff losses. Let me know what you find. Why should I care what the Colts D did in October against the Texans? Why should that count more than a big game in January?

I didn't say the Bills sacks don't count, I said he got the bulk of his sacks in one blowout game. You guys are trying to manipulate #s w/o showing the entire body of work.

If player A has 10 sacks in 10 games(one per game) he's done a better job than a player who has 4 sacks in one game, 3 in a 2nd then 3 spread through the final 7 games.
So playing poor enough to almost singlehandedly take your team out of the game in 1 out of every 4 games is not significant? Also, I never said that he was a bad QB. I said he was very inconsistent.

In your last paragraph you even highlight the importance of consistency when referring to Wake's performances. You don't even realize that you are critisizing our backup DE/LB for his lack of consistency while excusing Sanchez's. And Sanchez doesn't have the excuse of recieving irregular playing time. Anyway, I just think it's funny that you tell everyone to completely disregard Sanchez's poor performances while simultaneously telling everyone to "stop being homers for just one minute."

As for the Brady/Manning debate, my issue was not who is better, but rather how you made your argument. I actually agree that Brady has played better in the playoffs. But how does that have anything to do with why we should ignore regular season stats when determining who had the better defense. Did they use different defenses in the playoffs or something?

I don't claim to be impartial, but I try to base my opinions on the evidence I am given. If you choose to selectively highlight statistics based on which ones correlate with your opinions, then your arguments will be just like your QB's arm this season (inconsistent).

I actually know why nyjunc post so much over here than on theganggreen. I managed to lurk over there the other day and there are two threads alone where nyjunc gets owned more times than a Tijuana hooker. I guess he doesnt like losing arguements on his own board so he tags along on a Miami Dolphins message board haha.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=51360

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=49987

i would like to see those but ive been banned forever

youll never be able to get these 2 jets fans to accept bad games by their players or good games by ours. they always like to "SKEW" the numbers. examples : well if you take away these 22 tds then he is having a bad season or if he didnt throw 83 ints then he would be in the pro bowl.its like talking to a brick wall, they will never admit they are wrong.

I have a problem with this thread. Some of you guys are really being homers. It's not fair to compare them yet. I'd take Henne and our offense over their offense this year, but I would take their defense in a heartbeat, even with that idiot Pasq.

So let me get this straight, the Jets have are #1 in total defense and scoring defense, have the most rushing yards per game in the NFL and are averaging the 4th best YPC of any team in the NFL. The Jets also have a good receiving core. The Titans went 13-3 last year with Kerry f-cking Collins, if Mark Sanchez has been decent, why are the Jets 7-6 with an elite defense and running game? By comparison, the Dolphins are 19th in total defense, 24th in scoring defense, 3rd in rushing offense (rushing yards per game), and 9th in ypc (.1 ypc fewer than the Jets). Despite a having a below average defense behind him, Henne is 7-3 as a starter.

I didn't offer an opinion on him, I just cautioned not to go overboard like fans always do. Let the guy establish himself before proclaiming him a top 5-10 pass rusher.

right, you didn't give an opinion straight forward, but picking out two games specifically and belittling them speaks pretty loudly to me.

listen, i don't disagree. we have to wait a bit to decide what Wake will amount to, but bashing him simply by looking at stat-lines is pretty stupid. Jared Allen got 9.5 of his 12.5 sacks in 3 games!! what does that say about him?

So let me get this straight, the Jets have are #1 in total defense and scoring defense, have the most rushing yards per game in the NFL and are averaging the 4th best YPC of any team in the NFL. The Jets also have a good receiving core. The Titans went 13-3 last year with Kerry f-cking Collins, if Mark Sanchez has been decent, why are the Jets 7-6 with an elite defense and running game? By comparison, the Dolphins are 19th in total defense, 24th in scoring defense, 3rd in rushing offense (rushing yards per game), and 9th in ypc (.1 ypc fewer than the Jets). Despite a having a below average defense behind him, Henne is 7-3 as a starter.
Agreed. :(

Do you guys wacth football? To say it's not debateable is as asinine as it gets. Henne has played better but he's also had a year to sit and watch.

Don't just look at the #s, 12 of sanchez's INts came in 3 games, he's had 3 awful games about has played well in his other 9 games.

Ths debate will go on for YEARS, both guys LOOK like they are capable of being really good NFL QBs.

Stop being homers for just one minute please.

(obviously this isn't directed at everyone who replied)

This debate will be over sometime next year when Sanchez is yanked as the starter for his pathetic play, and Henne is having another impactful year but this time even more impressive when you take into consideration Miami is definitely going to upgrade the WR and probably the TE positions.

By the way, Sanchez has had about 2 maybe 3 games that you could consider "Good games" for a rookie starting QB. Lets not pretend like he's had more good games than bad and that he only had a couple bad games, because you absolutely have that backwards.

Henne is way ahead of Sanchez and there's no reason to think that's gonna change any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom