Are Jets' fans constantly drunk or just plain stupid? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Jets' fans constantly drunk or just plain stupid?

Tony Sparano made an interesting comment this week about Henne.. He said "Henne is being developed properly.." developed properly. That is the key. desperate teams put rookies in key positions hoping for a miracle. Look how long it took for Peyton Manning to develop?

The Jets made a mistake with Sanchez He has the weight of a franchise on his shoulders in one of the worst pressure cities in the league. Fans will eat him alive.

Henne has been flying under the radar. I guarantee that Atlanta, Baltimore, and New York would love to have a guy like Henne behind center. He would be in the pro bowl talk with receivers they have.

Im not saying Sanchez won't to develop into a great QB, he certainly has moxie.. but the pressure does wear on you eventually.

Henne has none of it. He can just do what comes naturally.. and that is play ball.
yea, there isn't any pressure on Henne in South Florida :rolleyes2:, where Dan Marino's morning glory is worshipped like a god, and the fans have zero patience awaiting the second comming, as if he himself were a GOD! :crazy: ...don't get me wrong i used to have a shrine to the fins and Dan was at it's center (till the ex-wife robbed me blind), but i don't ever expect (i want but don't expect) to see another qb close to that talent level in Miami... i would be happy with an above average qb, and we have one... but to say Henne has no pressure on him is nuts :err:

Matt Castle stinks the only upside he had was Welker and Moss with a monstrous O-LINE. Now look at him a bottom feeder in KC, and with no WR's (just like Miami) only we are winning games under Henne's arm an team spirit while Castle is throwing picks and losing games. I will gve them the benefit of the doubt though they are in a rebuilding stage just like us but hey we are 7-6 and Henne is 7-3 as a starter Sanchez is a crybaby and so are Jets fans.
in cassel's defense he has no o-line in kc either... have you seen how much time he spends running for his life and getting thumped?

You're damn right! and this rivalry will soar to new levels over the next few years. The first 2 games this year were just a taste(a bad taste for us).

:up:

I actually relish the idea of Henne AND Sanchez being top level NFL qbs for the next decade. When the Fins and Jets are both playing well, the NFL is a lot more fun. I'd love to see those two have a Manning/Brady type rivalry within the division. Not predicting it will happen- just saying I'll be pleased if it does- with Henne coming out on top of course lol :up:

haha, i started that thread out there....

zor

heh - it is a good thread - started a lot of good debate, it's too bad you had to tell everyone to go F themselves ...

IN my opinion, they will both be excellent quarterbacks for their prospective teams. The homer in me obviously leans towards Henne, but the fact that Sanchez is younger and less experienced leaves this debate incomplete. The true comparison could be had mid next year. Just my opinion. I like Henne's arm much better, but I like Sanchez's ability to execute when a play has broken down.

Get used to it!:aww:

I hope not. This rivalry has been a streaky one throughout most of it's history w/ one team dominating for years then the other taking over for the next few years so hopefully that's not the case.

one thing on that, henne wasnt eating hot dogs while he was watching, he was learning, unlike someone we know:rimshot:

Henne wasn't playing, his team wasn't up 38-0 in the final minute.

Well, you are right that Henne has had a full season under his belt to sit out and take in the NFL.

BUT with that being said, I would say Henne is definitely the superior QB as of right NOW. Who knows who will be the superior QB 5 seasons down the line. The fact is, Henne hasnt completely crashed and burned during games this season. Sanchez has cost the Jets 3 games at least for his awful play.

I would definitely give henne the edge based on their play this year but the 2 are pretty close.

Henne hasn't crashed and burned but he has had a habit of throwing late INTs. He's learning too so I don't hold that against him but let's not pretend Henne doesn't have alot to work on just like Sanchez.

First off I hate the Jets more than any other team in football. I do think that Sanchez has shown that he has what it takes to be a really good QB in this league. I also think that Henne is better given the fact that he has nobody to throw to and has still played great considering his surrounding cast. I cant stand Ryan running his FAT mouth all the time when Marvin Lewis was doing his job better than Ryan did while in Baltimore. Ryan is an ok coach but his EGO is what hurts him most. In the first Miami VICTORY over the JETS he said he didnt call a time out because he didnt think they would score even though Miami moved the ball at will all night. He was full of his FAT self and it cost them. Thats why Sparano is better because he has no EGO. He took over a 1 and 15 team and has shown nothing but improvement and never let an EGO cost him a game like ol FATTY Rex Ryan.

Where are all these Ryan quotes during the season? B/c he got invovled in some playful trash talk in the offseason people think he's making guarantees every week. He's a rookie coach who is learning, heck I saw threads on here bashing Sparano 2 weeks ago and he's made his share of bonehead decisions too. All coaches make bad decisions now and then especially young ones.

This year brought the rivalry back where it needs to be.

And it is nice to see some Jets fans back on here. You guys have been invisible for the second half of the season.

I haven't been invisible.

I'll be honest, I haven't wanted to beat you guys this bad since the last 90s-early 00s.

yea, there isn't any pressure on Henne in South Florida :rolleyes2:, where Dan Marino's morning glory is worshipped like a god, and the fans have zero patience awaiting the second comming, as if he himself were a GOD! :crazy: ...don't get me wrong i used to have a shrine to the fins and Dan was at it's center (till the ex-wife robbed me blind), but i don't ever expect (i want but don't expect) to see another qb close to that talent level in Miami... i would be happy with an above average qb, and we have one... but to say Henne has no pressure on him is nuts :err:

He has not faced real pressure yet. he started his 1st game when they were 0-3 and everyone thought the season was done. This has been a house money year, he has faced pressure in individual games and he's showed great ability to bounce back from bad plays and execute late in games but he hasn't had that real season pressure yet.

I actually relish the idea of Henne AND Sanchez being top level NFL qbs for the next decade. When the Fins and Jets are both playing well, the NFL is a lot more fun. I'd love to see those two have a Manning/Brady type rivalry within the division. Not predicting it will happen- just saying I'll be pleased if it does- with Henne coming out on top of course lol :up:

I'm w/ you. I do think based on this year it could happen but things always change quikcly in this league so who knows.

It's pathetic to say but injuries helped Sanchez from getting the interception record.

How so? he was on pace for 23, I don't know what the INT record is but I do know peyton threw 23 one year and 28 another year, Favre has thrown at least 23 INTs 4 times w/ his high being 29.

I don't care about meaningless regaulr season #s. What are those D's doing in January? I have already shown the difference in PPG allowed is less than 2 PPG in postseason. That's not much and as great as the Colts O supposedly is they should have been winning more games in January. They lost games giving up 19, 17(in regulation), 20, 24, 21. Those are not #s that should hold back that team.

In their 8 postseason losses Peyton has led his high powered offense to LESS than 14 PPG and only ONE time did he lead them to more than 20 pts.

You don't care what the regular season is doing? To think the shortcomings of a defense or offense for that matter are magically going to fix themselves in the post season is asinine.

What you have shown about the playoff differences between the Pats and Colts is that if you ignore certain things you can make the numbers whatever you want them to be. The difference in the post season between yardage, PPG, turnovers, and scoring are all significant but you choose to ignore certain drives because Manning throws a pick! It is part of the game even Brady has thrown picks in the playoffs, it is up to the defense to limit those mistakes because every team makes them at some point.

Brady’s defenses have limited those mistakes much better over the past 9 years and you can clearly see it in the numbers, regular season or in the playoffs.

Every time you arguer a point it seems you throw out certain factors and you simple can not be bias when you analyze numbers like that. I am sorry if throw out data you might as well just say “in my opinion” because that’s all it is at that point.

This is my first post by I couldn't resist when I saw this thread. I just wanted to point out that the OP who started this thread and called Jets fans "drunk and stupid" has a picture in his sig of Ted Ginn implying he's a hall of famer. Argument won.

and if any of you actually care, read the post by jetsmakemecry on page 6 of that thread on JI, that's me (can't post the link as i'm too new).

notice how i heap praise on henne however i'm thinking about taking it back and reverting to childish name calling like educated fin fan who started this thread and referring to him as "drunk and stupid".

This is my first post by I couldn't resist when I saw this thread. I just wanted to point out that the OP who started this thread and called Jets fans "drunk and stupid" has a picture in his sig of Ted Ginn implying he's a hall of famer. Argument won.

and if any of you actually care, read the post by jetsmakemecry on page 6 of that thread on JI, that's me (can't post the link as i'm too new).

notice how i heap praise on henne however i'm thinking about taking it back and reverting to childish name calling like educated fin fan who started this thread and referring to him as "drunk and stupid".

Welcome green missionary

You don't care what the regular season is doing? To think the shortcomings of a defense or offense for that matter are magically going to fix themselves in the post season is asinine.

What you have shown about the playoff differences between the Pats and Colts is that if you ignore certain things you can make the numbers whatever you want them to be. The difference in the post season between yardage, PPG, turnovers, and scoring are all significant but you choose to ignore certain drives because Manning throws a pick! It is part of the game even Brady has thrown picks in the playoffs, it is up to the defense to limit those mistakes because every team makes them at some point.

Brady’s defenses have limited those mistakes much better over the past 9 years and you can clearly see it in the numbers, regular season or in the playoffs.

Every time you arguer a point it seems you throw out certain factors and you simple can not be bias when you analyze numbers like that. I am sorry if throw out data you might as well just say “in my opinion” because that’s all it is at that point.

They did magically fix themsleves in postseason, all that matters is waht the D's did in postseason and the Colts D's have played more than well enough to get to multiple SBs.

What am I ignoring? You guys seem to ignore the less than 14 PPG in playoff losses Peyton leads his high powered Os to and the fact that the Colts D allows less than 2 PPG more than the "great" NE D.

It's pathetic to say but injuries helped Sanchez from getting the interception record.

INT records aside... and all good starts vs. bad starts stats aside..., just look at body of work going back to College... I mean Thomas Jones is praising Sanchez on Rome yesterday morning and it's even obvious Thomas doesn't know Sanceez declared so early..., Jones said, "Mark did some good things in College" - OK - Thomas... :rolleyes2:

Even funnier when Thomas says "Mark knows his place... amongst the vets..." made me chuckle

INT records aside... and all good starts vs. bad starts stats aside..., just look at body of work going back to College... I mean Thomas Jones is praising Sanchez on Rome yesterday morning and it's even obvious Thomas doesn't know Sanceez declared so early..., Jones said, "Mark did some good things in College" - OK - Thomas... :rolleyes2:

Even funnier when Thomas says "Mark knows his place... amongst the vets..." made me chuckle

He was great his one year as the starter at USC, better than Henne in any of his 4 years at UM but what does that have to do w/ them now?

Do you guys wacth football? To say it's not debateable is as asinine as it gets. Henne has played better but he's also had a year to sit and watch.

Don't just look at the #s, 12 of sanchez's INts came in 3 games, he's had 3 awful games about has played well in his other 9 games.

Ths debate will go on for YEARS, both guys LOOK like they are capable of being really good NFL QBs.

Stop being homers for just one minute please.

(obviously this isn't directed at everyone who replied)
This post is just ridiculous. The ultimate sign of a homer is someone who needs to find ways to manipulate stats in their favor. Do you even realize what you are saying? Sanchez is a good if you only count the games he plays well. I get that you are trying to say that his stats are abnormally bad because of a few disastrous games, but that is not a reason discount them. Yes he definitely has had good games this year, but its not like all of his bad games occurred during one part of the season. That makes his play this year inconsistent at best.

I haven't been on this board that long but I've noticed you seem to have a pattern of only seeing the stats you want to see. In the Brady/Manning debate you only want to use playoff stats and declare regular season stats to be meaningless. If that were true then only 12 teams actually play football every year. In reality, you are just looking for a way to ignore the fact that, over multiple 16 game seasons, Manning's defenses showed to be consistently worse than Brady's. But you'd prefer to use the limited sample size of playoff appearances that still show Manning to have a worse D (albeit much closer). The most accurate portrayal of the caliber of their defenses would be to count all games played, but that approach wouldn't back your opinion so I guess there must be something wrong with it.

You even use the same statistical manipulation practice in the Cameron Wake thread. You decide that that the 3 sacks in the Bills game don't count for some reason, but the Jet's games hold increased significance because you happened to see them.

You aren't using all of the stats that are available. Instead you are choosing to only use the ones you see fit. In the end this makes all of the stats you give completely meaningless.

Back
Top Bottom