Are Jets' fans constantly drunk or just plain stupid? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Jets' fans constantly drunk or just plain stupid?

Oh, I got it. Maybe/maybe not, those Colts D's have been vastly underrated by manning apologists to make excuses for why the Colts have lost.

At some point you will realize why your statement is false. I have data that shows it to be false and at some point I will share it with you. Generally speaking Manning has had half the defense that Brady had from 2000 to 2007. The numbers when you look at everything top to bottom and compare them against the NFL from 1990 until 2007 shows how much better the Pats D is over the same period of time in comparison to the Colts D.

I know you want to compare Playoffs as well and they are statistically different as well, favoring the Pats. The one thing Manning is statistically better at hands down is offensive production. The numbers also show Manning has lead is offenses to a better overall performance in the same time period then Brady.

The difference being the defenses and not the QB play as Manning lead offenses show superiority to Brady lead offenses over the same time span on average. The Colts offense had to make up for the lack of defensive stiffness and the ability to score on them. While the Pats lead defenses have been associated with some of the greatest collapses in the last 10 years the Colts are not in that category because you can not have a collapse if you are already in a shoot out to 40.

Huh? what gives you the idea Miami will have the better D? Not only is our D more talented(and the hope is we get more talented) but we have one of the best defensive minds in the game running the D.

Miami runs more than the Colts, manning has always had really good RBs they just rely too much on the pass.

I think BOTH of our teams are set up for bright futures, I think we'll be battling for 1st place alot over the next few years.

Not with Buddy Ryan redux running the show. He will talk a good game like his father, but will always come up short.
I still laugh when I recall that Buddy Ryan (Philadelphia Eagles) coached arguably one of the best defenses ever with Jerome Brown, Reggie White, Mike Pitts, Seth Joyner, Eric Allen etc and NEVER won a playoff game.

Rex is a good HC ...But he is not better than Sparano..

Can you say SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!!! lol

Sanchez is 6 and 6 as a starter??? I think

Henne is 7 and 3? So that explains alot..but this is a team game..

They have both played bad at times and have both played well at times...

I would say Henne has been better tho...More consistent IMO..

Sanchez is a rookie tho..so you'd expect Henne to play better...

I don't think that has been determined yet. I happen to really like Sparano as a coach but last I checked we were both 7-6 so what makes Sparano so much better?

You swept us, congrats- does that mean we are never allowed to beat you again? Before you turn around it will be 2010, 2011, 2012- let's see what's happening over the next few years. Rex might be fired, Sparano might win SBs, Sanchez might be out of the league but let's let this thing play out a bit.

Henne has been better, he's been more consistent and hasn't had the awful games Sanchez has had.

At some point you will realize why your statement is false. I have data that shows it to be false and at some point I will share it with you. Generally speaking Manning has had half the defense that Brady had from 2000 to 2007. The numbers when you look at everything top to bottom and compare them against the NFL from 1990 until 2007 shows how much better the Pats D is over the same period of time in comparison to the Colts D.

I know you want to compare Playoffs as well and they are statistically different as well, favoring the Pats. The one thing Manning is statistically better at hands down is offensive production. The numbers also show Manning has lead is offenses to a better overall performance in the same time period then Brady.

The difference being the defenses and not the QB play as Manning lead offenses show superiority to Brady lead offenses over the same time span on average. The Colts offense had to make up for the lack of defensive stiffness and the ability to score on them. While the Pats lead defenses have been associated with some of the greatest collapses in the last 10 years the Colts are not in that category because you can not have a collapse if you are already in a shoot out to 40.

I don't care about meaningless regaulr season #s. What are those D's doing in January? I have already shown the difference in PPG allowed is less than 2 PPG in postseason. That's not much and as great as the Colts O supposedly is they should have been winning more games in January. They lost games giving up 19, 17(in regulation), 20, 24, 21. Those are not #s that should hold back that team.

In their 8 postseason losses Peyton has led his high powered offense to LESS than 14 PPG and only ONE time did he lead them to more than 20 pts.

Not with Buddy Ryan redux running the show. He will talk a good game like his father, but will always come up short.
I still laugh when I recall that Buddy Ryan (Philadelphia Eagles) coached arguably one of the best defenses ever with Jerome Brown, Reggie White, Mike Pitts, Seth Joyner, Eric Allen etc and NEVER won a playoff game.

Yep, Buddy Ryan has alot to do w/ this Jet team. I guess since Tony's Dad never won a SB that means Tony will never win one?

Reactions: MD
I think BOTH of our teams are set up for bright futures, I think we'll be battling for 1st place alot over the next few years.
One problem my friend. You're the Jets :chuckle:

Slight me if you want, but Mark Sanchez is not the same caliber as Henne. That's really not debatable.

Neither one has played a full season yet and you can already declare that Sanchez is not the same caliber as Chad Henne? And its not even debatable?

I think you should probably consider letting them both play a full season or two before you come to those type of conclusions.

One problem my friend. You're the Jets :chuckle:

You're damn right! and this rivalry will soar to new levels over the next few years. The first 2 games this year were just a taste(a bad taste for us).

:up:

Do you guys wacth football? To say it's not debateable is as asinine as it gets. Henne has played better but he's also had a year to sit and watch.

Stop being homers for just one minute please.

one thing on that, henne wasnt eating hot dogs while he was watching, he was learning, unlike someone we know:rimshot:

Well, you are right that Henne has had a full season under his belt to sit out and take in the NFL.

BUT with that being said, I would say Henne is definitely the superior QB as of right NOW. Who knows who will be the superior QB 5 seasons down the line. The fact is, Henne hasnt completely crashed and burned during games this season. Sanchez has cost the Jets 3 games at least for his awful play.

Perusing the the "Gag Green" forums, I noticed a thread titled "Chad Henne v. Mark Sanchez".........

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=51745

A thread which the Jet fans are under this asumption that Mark Sanchez is better than Henne and has a higher ceiling....

Huh? Mark Sanchez? The Sanchize? Is that not the same quarterback who is throwing to Cotchery, Keller, and Edwards, yet STILL has 17 INTs?

Chad Henne has twice the arm strength Sanchez has, and 10 times the resiliency and awareness.....last time I checked, when Henne misses a throw he doesn't go cry on his wideout's shoulder....

Jets' fans never fail to emabarass themselves.

haha, i started that thread out there....

zor

First off I hate the Jets more than any other team in football. I do think that Sanchez has shown that he has what it takes to be a really good QB in this league. I also think that Henne is better given the fact that he has nobody to throw to and has still played great considering his surrounding cast. I cant stand Ryan running his FAT mouth all the time when Marvin Lewis was doing his job better than Ryan did while in Baltimore. Ryan is an ok coach but his EGO is what hurts him most. In the first Miami VICTORY over the JETS he said he didnt call a time out because he didnt think they would score even though Miami moved the ball at will all night. He was full of his FAT self and it cost them. Thats why Sparano is better because he has no EGO. He took over a 1 and 15 team and has shown nothing but improvement and never let an EGO cost him a game like ol FATTY Rex Ryan.

Good, go hang out with them then. I hope you and and the 11 people from Wyoming have fun together. And re: Jersey Shore- all those *******s are from Staten Island. Those are not my people.

akshullee...thars bout 530000 peple heer in ths grate stte...lol...yur maths a lttl off thr fellr...lol

You're damn right! and this rivalry will soar to new levels over the next few years. The first 2 games this year were just a taste(a bad taste for us).

:up:
This year brought the rivalry back where it needs to be.

And it is nice to see some Jets fans back on here. You guys have been invisible for the second half of the season.

Back
Top Bottom