Arizona vs Green Bay | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arizona vs Green Bay

He's in my top 5, that's for damn sure. Green Bay scored 45 points on offense, 45 points.....let that sink in. Rodgers was the only reason the Packers were in the game. No team has ever scored more points and lost in a Playoff game.

Aaron Rodgers does tend to hold onto the ball too long, but he still gets sacked less than Rothlisberger, and is a better athlete too. As for his receivers getting YAC, the same can be said for the Steelers, Colts, Patriots, Saints, Chargers etc. Basically any team with a franchise QB.

I like Henne, but he's not close to being the QB that Rodgers is.

they both got sacked 50 times this year.... 50... let that sink in. losing 306 yards in the process.

peyton
drew brees
kurt warner
romo
favre
rivers
brady

all in front of rodgers without even thinking about it.

Just a few thoughts on this game...

-Does anyone else see Bryant McFadden getting burned? It looks like on every big play the Packers are making he's had a missed assignment. He got burned by Jennings, Finley, and now Driver.

-Arizona's defense is totally out of gas. They were dominant in the first two quarters, and now it reminds me of how the Saints ran over the Dolphins' D in the second half after first half domination by Miami. Arizona's defensive line is way too slow for Aaron Rodgers, who's having a lot of success throwing on the run and out of the pocket.

-Charles Woodson is destroying Larry Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald's two TD's came when Woodson fell to the ground. When Woodson and Fitzgerald are on par, he has been the dominating force.

-Jermichael Finley is killing the Cardinal's defense, much like how TE's killed our defense. This just emphasizes the need for better and more athletic LB's.

-Arizona has scored 38 (or more, depending on the rest of the game) without the help of Anquan Boldin... So the Cardinals can still have an explosive offense without Boldin? Hm...

yep for me boldin is a goner in arizona ,the development of breaston,doucet,and urban means for me he is available in a trade

not that i would want him in miami ,injurys continue to mount and he would want a new ,bigger contract ,not for me

did he fumble before or after the hands to the face. did the refs get every call right all game. DID THEY MISS NO OTHER CALLS.

the refs didn't loose the game for aaron rodgers. he could learn to throw the ball away under pressure instead of taking so many sacks. sometimes punting the ball isn't a bad idea. it's certainly a better alternative to turning it over.

He took some sacks, but that didn't effect their offense as they still scored 45 points, an accomplishment that has only happened a handful of times in NFL history, with none of those teams losing except for the '09 Packers. How can anyone put the blame on Aaron Rodgers when their defense had one of the worst performances in postseason history? As for Rodgers turning it over, he turned it over twice (the one in overtime sticks out, but he was also facemasked), but he had almost no margin for error.

they both got sacked 50 times this year.... 50... let that sink in. losing 306 yards in the process.

Part of that is due to him holding onto the ball too long and part of that is due to a piss poor OL. That didn't keep the Packers from setting a franchise record for points scored in a season, just like it didn't keep the Packers from putting up 45 points on the Cardinals. That Packers defense is what kept them from winning that game, anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

peyton
drew brees
kurt warner
romo
favre
rivers
brady

The only quarterbacks from that list I would take over Rodgers are Brees, Manning and Romo. Brady is still great, but he's not what he once was. Warner has had a great career and is easily the best postseason perfomer of those guys listed, but he's had problems with turnovers in the regular season, much like Favre. I put Romo ahead of Rodgers because (similar quarterbacks, but Romo takes fewer sacks), like Rodgers, Romo's best days are ahead of him.

did he fumble before or after the hands to the face. did the refs get every call right all game. DID THEY MISS NO OTHER CALLS.

the refs didn't loose the game for aaron rodgers. he could learn to throw the ball away under pressure instead of taking so many sacks. sometimes punting the ball isn't a bad idea. it's certainly a better alternative to turning it over.

learn the rules and then talk to me :rolleyes2:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...snt-available-for-facemask-roughing-non-call/

peyton
drew brees
kurt warner
romo
favre
rivers
brady

If I were to factor in age to the mix, the only QB's I put ahead of Rogers are:

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers
Ben Rothlesberger

Those are the 5 elite QB's in the NFL (not including Warner and Favre, whom both are great, but will retire after this year)

The next group is headed by Rogers, Romo, McNabb and Eli Manning. I'll round out that group with Matt Schaub and Carson Palmer (overrated, but I'll give him another year before I drop him out the top 11).

Then u follow that group with guys like Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, Matt Cassell and Vince Young, guys with 2+ years of experience who may join that 2nd tier group sooner than later.

Then you have the 1 years of experience guys who look to make the next step in Matt Stafford, Chad Henne, Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman

U have Tavarias Jackson and Matt Leinart . . . 2 guys who are backups, who look to take on starter roles next season.

One wildcard in Michael Vick

Some quality young backup QB's like Kevin Kolb, Tyler Thigpen and others who are awaiting their chance. Henne would be in this list if he didn't get his chance.

Then u have question mark QB's like Jason Campbell, Kyle Orton, Alex Smith, Jake Delhomme, David Garrard, Matt Hasselback, Mark Bulger, Jamarcus Russell, Quinn/Anderson and Trent Edwards . . . guys who maybe starting next year or could be backups next year.

Rogers is NOT an elite QB, not yet atleast . . . but ur crazy if u think he wouldn't be an upgrade over Henne/Pennington (not that u said that, just saying). . . he would come to a team with a better Oline and running game, he could be a beast in Miami.

In your opinion Rodgers might not be an "elite" Quarterback but according to his statistics he is. He didn't lose that game yesterday... The Defense gave up over forty points

Part of that is due to him holding onto the ball too long and part of that is due to a piss poor OL. That didn't keep the Packers from setting a franchise record for points scored in a season, just like it didn't keep the Packers from putting up 45 points on the Cardinals. That Packers defense is what kept them from winning that game, anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

The only quarterbacks from that list I would take over Rodgers are Brees, Manning and Romo. Brady is still great, but he's not what he once was. Warner has had a great career and is easily the best postseason perfomer of those guys listed, but he's had problems with turnovers in the regular season, much like Favre. I put Romo ahead of Rodgers because (similar quarterbacks, but Romo takes fewer sacks), like Rodgers, Romo's best days are ahead of him.

SO I guess GB is all rodgers when they win and all a piss poor oline when they loose. the packers defense is what kept them from winning the game? You could factor in the arizona defense as well, they didn't exactly play lights out.

so by your logic the packers set a single season pts scoring record with absolutely no credit due to therr piss poor oline.

the fact that you would take rogers over brady is enough to make me pay very little more attention to the rest of your posts.

we could debate all day and come up with hundreds of factors to put rodgers number one. but at the end of the day he's still a guy who got sacked 50 times, and hasn't won any playoff games.
how you can put him ahead of any of those other qb's is beyond me.

warner is one of the most prolific passers in POSTSEASON history, you know the season that matters!

In your opinion Rodgers might not be an "elite" Quarterback but according to his statistics he is. He didn't lose that game yesterday... The Defense gave up over forty points

remind me how many pts arizona gave up? am I to believe the arizona defense won the game for the cardinals than?

he may be elite.
but he's elite at racking up yards, and this year throwing td's.

but he's also elite and getting sacked, and losing yardage.
also elite at not winning in the postseason.

he's good. that's about I'll give him credit for. borderline topten qb... not a top five for sure.

to each his own.

If I were to factor in age to the mix, the only QB's I put ahead of Rogers are:

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers
Ben Rothlesberger

Those are the 5 elite QB's in the NFL (not including Warner and Favre, whom both are great, but will retire after this year)

The next group is headed by Rogers, Romo, McNabb and Eli Manning. I'll round out that group with Matt Schaub and Carson Palmer (overrated, but I'll give him another year before I drop him out the top 11).

Then u follow that group with guys like Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, Matt Cassell and Vince Young, guys with 2+ years of experience who may join that 2nd tier group sooner than later.

Then you have the 1 years of experience guys who look to make the next step in Matt Stafford, Chad Henne, Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman

U have Tavarias Jackson and Matt Leinart . . . 2 guys who are backups, who look to take on starter roles next season.

One wildcard in Michael Vick

Some quality young backup QB's like Kevin Kolb, Tyler Thigpen and others who are awaiting their chance. Henne would be in this list if he didn't get his chance.

Then u have question mark QB's like Jason Campbell, Kyle Orton, Alex Smith, Jake Delhomme, David Garrard, Matt Hasselback, Mark Bulger, Jamarcus Russell, Quinn/Anderson and Trent Edwards . . . guys who maybe starting next year or could be backups next year.

Rogers is NOT an elite QB, not yet atleast . . . but ur crazy if u think he wouldn't be an upgrade over Henne/Pennington (not that u said that, just saying). . . he would come to a team with a better Oline and running game, he could be a beast in Miami.

finally, some logic I can follow. although merely assuming that favre and warner will retire is hardly merit for putting rodgers anywhere near their category. not that you did, but if your heading that direction....

mcnabb and eli manning have both found quite a bit of success in the postseason. eli is a superbowl champion qb. romo is like a carbon copy of rodgers to me, so it's hard to seperate them. they both complete a few deep balls a game, but benefit mainly by the WR's, RB's and TE's, yards after catch.

the rest of your post is pretty much spot on. as far rodgers being an upgrade over henne, sure he is. but we've seen 13 starts from henne, with little to no weaponry. the GB offense is light years ahead the dolphins as far as skill positions go.

good post.

speaking of rules, maybe you could put up a link defining the horsecollar tackle rule.

it works both ways brother. he fumbled, they lost. get over it.

i wasn't talking about those other calls...i was talking about that specific one...and then you had to come in and throw out a "sure looked like the ball was out of his hand prior to the facemask" which even if it was or wasn't it's still a penalty...

so next time you feel the need to go off about a call that you have no idea what you're talking about maybe you should google the subject first...

Also, Rule 12, Section 2, Article 13(3) plainly states that defenders may not "hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of the body to hit the passer in the head, neck, or face."....

there was a noncall on warner on his td to fitz as I recall. but you failed to mention that.

I'd still have to see a replay to see when arod lost control of the ball and when the infraction occured.

I'd also like clarification on a ruling when a player looses control of the ball in relation to when infractions occur.

i wasn't talking about those other calls...i was talking about that specific one...and then you had to come in and throw out a "sure looked like the ball was out of his hand prior to the facemask" which even if it was or wasn't it's still a penalty...

so next time you feel the need to go off about a call that you have no idea what you're talking about maybe you should google the subject first...

so in your mind, the ONE missed call of many on the night, is what determined the outcome of the game.

you don't have to get all bent out shape man. it's just deliberation. I happen to disagree with your stance, some others agree.
damn you need a budweiser or something.

Back
Top Bottom