Arm strength is NOT how far you can throw it | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arm strength is NOT how far you can throw it

I have to say the original post said he wishes it wasn't Allen. I also have to say, that Allen's ball got there a lot quicker, however, as someone else pointed out, this was Tua's rookie season in a pre-season game. He wasn't use to the speed of the NFL.

I don't think the OP is trolling, just his belief that Tua doesn't have great velocity. He is allowed his opinion, but I wish he wouldn't continue to bring it up in a Dolphins Forum.
he knows exactly what he was doing. He's pissed a few of us pointed out that Allen and Tua both had exactly the same longest Air Yard Competed pass in 2021. If you take one single point away from this thread it is a quote from an article I just posted:

This is the most common conception of arm strength, but it's easy to forget: over 90% of passes aren't traveling more than 20 air yards down the field.

So the combine ended first week of March. Tua's pro day was first week of April. And he had been throwing and running for weeks before that (to practice for that Pro Day). He could have thrown at the combine. I dont blame him for not, but he could have.
I would have to disagree with you on that. If he was running and throwing for weeks, say 4 weeks, that is still after the combine was held that year.

I've been a member of this forum for a long time, am respectul, donate ... I thought we could have a good conversation. I see thats impossible.

I'm out.
You don't get to come to someone's home and talk sh*t about their wife and tell that person how much prettier yours is than theirs. Then not understand why they are angry. If you can't understand that, I don't know how else to put it to you.

If you had bothered to look at what I linked you'd already know what Tua's ball velocity is.

Just FYI, your link is a joke.
Its a guy who is judging velocity based off of VIDEO.
Not a test, not a radar gun, not a stop watch.
Off. Of. A. Video.

And his results are all whacky. For example, his video analysis clocks Watson at 54 mph. The ACTUAL test at the combine that using real equipment (not video), clocked him at 49mph. Thats a 5 mph difference.

Tua (in his video analysis) was at 53 mph. If you reduce the 5mph he was off with Watson, that brings him down to 48. Which is right in line with what I said. Mid to high 40's.

You don't get to come to someone's home and talk sh*t about their wife and tell that person how much prettier yours is than theirs. Then not understand why they are angry. If you can't understand that, I don't know how else to put it to you.

No one is talking about Josh Allen except for you. Literally no one else. Everyone else read my disclaimer that I just used the best velocity comparison video available and to ignore that its Allen. The point was about velocity, not Allen. Learn how to read. I wont respond to you again, so here is where you can get the last word. Have at it...

Just FYI, your link is a joke.
Its a guy who is judging velocity based off of VIDEO.
Not a test, not a radar gun, not a stop watch.
Off. Of. A. Video.

And his results are all whacky. For example, his vidoe analysis clocks Watson at 54 mph. The ACTUAL test at the combine that using real equipment (not video), clocked him at 49mph. Thats a 5 mph difference.

Tua (in his video analysis) was at 53 mph. If you reduce the 5mph he was off with Watson, that brings him down to 48. Which is right in line with what I said. Mid to high 40's.
:bobdole:

I just can't do it. So you link a breakdown based on video analysis of a throw between Josh Allen and Tua and then tell me my link where only "some" of the QBs were broken down using video is a joke.

Got ya, my mama told me stupid is as stupid does. If you are going to troll the site, at least do it with passion, I mean I can at lease say that nyjunc has passion and decent football knowledge, I don't see much of either of those in you.

I have to say the original post said he wishes it wasn't Allen. I also have to say, that Allen's ball got there a lot quicker, however, as someone else pointed out, this was Tua's rookie season in a pre-season game. He wasn't use to the speed of the NFL.

I don't think the OP is trolling, just his belief that Tua doesn't have great velocity. He is allowed his opinion, but I wish he wouldn't continue to bring it up in a Dolphins Forum.
He is trolling. He is a Bills fan than is creating a post that shows how much more velocity that Allen has than Tua. I don't care that he said he wishes it wasn't Allen. He didn't look for anything else. That video was posted by another Bills fan that he grabbed and brought straight to us. We all know that Tuas velocity is not the best. He is pointing out the obvious. Trolling us.

No one is talking about Josh Allen except for you. Literally no one else. Everyone else read my disclaimer that I just used the best velocity comparison video available and to ignore that its Allen. The point was about velocity, not Allen. Learn how to read. I wont respond to you again, so here is where you can get the last word. Have at it...
Last word

this is really lame.....we all freaking know that Josh Allen has a stronger arm, in fact Allen probably has the strongest in the NFL. Tua and Allen are two different QBs with different styles, Allen can make throws that Tua cant just like Tua can make more consistent throws that Allen struggles with. Heres a good video..

anyways just because a QB has a stronger arm with better velocity doesn't mean that QB is better overall. Was Marino better than Montana? Was Jay Cutler better than Brady?

Arm Strength isnt the end all be all in a QB. The most successful QB's in NFL history had mediocre arm strength and we had a QB with one of the greatest arms and he never won a super bowl.

Yes, Marino was better than Montana. Duh.

:bobdole:

I just can't do it. So you link a breakdown based on video analysis of a throw between Josh Allen and Tua and then tell me my link where only "some" of the QBs were broken down using video is a joke.

Got ya, my mama told me stupid is as stupid does. If you are going to troll the site, at least do it with passion, I mean I can at lease say the nyjunc has passion and decent football knowledge, I don't see much of either of those in you.

I dont troll. I just talk football.

But I understand that in 2022 anyone who doesnt agree with your position is considered a "troll".

Devolved society.

PS, I grew up watching Marino vs Kelly. Loved those days. Loved seeing the Dolphins as a good team. Loved the rivalry. We'll never have that as long as Tua is QB. I want that again.

This is the most common conception of arm strength, but it's easy to forget: over 90% of passes aren't traveling more than 20 air yards down the field.

This fits well in this thread, because arm strength has nothing to do with DISTANCE.

What weak armed QB's need to work on is velocity.

- Out passes
- Any throws to the sideline
- Corners

Its why teams crowd the middle against Tua and leave the sideline open.

Back
Top Bottom