Armando Salguero Article on Jarvis Landry | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero Article on Jarvis Landry

Sounds like some dirty play going on internally with free agency approaching. Don't see how there will be a mutual respect even if we did re sign Landry. Also sounds like the ship is set to sail. Be nice if Landry would own up to some of his shortcomings though.

They see a player who doesn’t pay attention to details. They see a player who sometimes runs the right routes and sometimes doesn’t. They see a player who sometimes inspires with his emotions, but sometimes loses control and hurts his team. They see a player who doesn’t lead in the locker room although he’s in a great position to do so.

They see a player who doesn’t seem to respect his coaches because he often ignores what they ask. They see a player who has been, in the words of multiple sources, “a pain” to deal with and “hard to reach.”

Directly from Armando's source for sure to get the word out for the reasons they let would let him walk- I guess each person can decide for themselves hoe they feel about this- that last game was a really bad look especially after you know darn well they had spoken to Landry about this stuff before- you could even see the difference for a little while.. that's where I weigh in on it...

He goes elsewhere and ends up being the opposite player. Incognito was a menace apparently right? He’s made several Pro Bowls since leaving Miami. You know it’s going to happen.

worst line in the whole article...

"His 8.8 yards per catch were a career low, but I blame that on the Dolphins inability to protect the quarterback long enough to let Landry (and others) get down the field with consistency"

more dumb even than that pay dion lewis talk...

He LOVES Lewis for sure- and plays were their to be made down the field- then the QB (inset name) 'missed' most of the time.

If were smart we'll restructure James to a more fitting contract and get Juice done also. Tannehill needs Landry imo. Let's not lose explosive weapons, we don't have that many.

signing dion lewis should come with it's own medical red flag

ball placement is why that ypc is in the toilet

So is it about what he signs for or what he actually makes..
16 a year in Oak or SF will end up being about 9 after that CA tax...
It's an ego and image thing

I don't think you can ruin ball placement when Landry just turned around and caught it. I think it was safeties not fearing Cutler.

If you mean ball placement on throws to Stills & Parker, I agree.

no I think it was ball placement period...not being lead for rac not proper shoulder how many times did he actually lead someone on a throw? he threw behind crossers and slant routes made wrs stop in open field or go to ground to catch the damn thing

its a placement and rac o and we left a lot of yards on the field with shoddy placement...I might have counted on one hand the number of screen plays thrown with correct placement for max rac...and juice got a lot of those

juice is one of the best rac wrs in football relative to where he catches it and where he gets tackled...that number is all qb as far as im concerned...

Landy hardly even ran drags, slants or any routes at all. He did the first three years. Why did we stop using him as a true slot and turned him into a 'slot running back' from play design?

Because he had less space. The 'underneath' throws became laterals. Bad ball placement might have had to do with it but IMO defenses just didn't fear being thrown deep on.

The drop came from play design not that Landry didn't have a chance to run cause he was busy catching a poorly thrown ball.

I think the usage of juice during the second half of the season especially was more about trying to get our best player the football than not being able to run routes as a slot...they wanted to get the ball in his hands cause the tight end couldn't win enough and dvp was hurt and coming back slowly enough from it where they even maybe lost a little faith in him and used him as a clear outs guy a lot...and when dvp was open cutler couldn't hit him anyways...all the 5 and 7 step stuff was out of the offense which meant all the deeper crossers and shots off pa were too

not to mention the damn qb couldn't throw the ball in the ocean on timing based routes and bailed out at the first sign of color he saw so we scrapped the drops stuff...as for the not fearing being thrown deep on I saw that more with ajayi here and the 10 man boxes but once they jumped into those 2 deep looks with drake in there Miami didn't have the tight end to exploit the seams and squeeze the safeties

and that may well be what the staff feels they need more than anything...the mismatch flex tight end

well separate from competent qb play and execution...the ball placement for max rac was horrific separate from the scattershot accuracy

Bye juice.

I really would like to keep him but there's no way any person on this earth will convince me he's worth 14mil a year with this many needs on this team. If we had like the greatest draft ever last year with a load of competent rooks where we didn't have to really worry about FA....then maybe you could eat it for a few years. We have to get too many things accomplished and what we have in house currently is too much of an unknown to entrust the season to by giving him that kind of money.

Yeah well it all stemmed from poor QB play, either way. I didn't mean that Juice was somehow unable to run the routes more like defenses were selling out to stop him cause they didn't fear being beat deep.

So, we had to throw him short. I agree we were trying to get the ball on his hands any way we could.

But if those short throws had been thrown 'better' the average would probably had hit 9 yds if anything.

This offense would be SO much better served with a legit TE, a quality OL, and a good RB complement to Drake. You could probably get all of that for around the same money as just Landry. The offense then looks completely different.

Or let me put that another way. If you had those three players I mentioned above, would you trade them for Jarvis Landry?

Or you can spend the money on Landry and have......the same offense.

There's absolutely no way you let him go for nothing. Let the hype build as free agency approaches - much ink will be spilled on who the big names are and Landry's will be among them. Near the eleventh hour, you franchise him; that's it. Any one of those teams with a desperate need will give up a 2nd and a 4th.

The bottom line is that the coaches don't feel he always runs the routes they call and is too headstrong to ever change. Whether fans want to believe it or not, that is a problem in this kind of offense.

The worst case scenario is you have him for another year at a price tag we can still afford after all the inevitable salary cap moves that are coming.

(And, by the way, you keep the 5th year option on James in place just long enough to get a low 2nd or mid 3rd rounder for him. Jesse Davis is unquestionably your starting RT next season.)

Back
Top Bottom