Armando says he would trade Marshall for a chance at Luck if possible | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando says he would trade Marshall for a chance at Luck if possible

To even get a shot at Luck it would take at least two 1st round picks and Wake.

Carolina would laugh at the Fins if they offered Marshall and a 1st round pick.

Marshall isn't going anywhere.

Luck isn't coming here.

Move on people, move on.
Players cant be traded for picks until a new CBA is signed. But if you could, it would take more then Marshal, this years 1st, next years 1st and possibly this years third to go from 15 to 1

Using Jimmy Johnsons trade chart which is pretty accurate:

Pick one is worth 3000 points

Pick 15 is worth 1050 points
Next years one wold be worth half normally of this years 1st, so lets call it 500 points
Our 3rd round pick is worth 165 points

To sum up our 1st this year, 1st next year, 3rd this year= 1,715
Even if you include Marshall its still not enough.
Chubbs

And this is why we suck year after year after year after year.

It's time someone showed up with some balls.

Bingo!!! It's time to change the culture here and get someone who can think outside the box...or just
get the fact that the NFL..is a QB driven league....If you don't have one,NFL means..Not For Long
that's your chances for success.

This isn't Madden. I understand you can't strong arm trades just because you want it.

But you can't stand-by and do nothing.

I've used this analogy numerous times.

How many of you have been at the bar and seen a very attractive girl from across the bar? And how many of you have wanted that girl? And what are the odds of that girl going home with you for the night if you don't walk over and make conversation with her?

Same rules apply here. If you don't get on the phone and make some sort of effort to land Andrew Luck, then what have you done? They're not going to say yes to Marshall and our first round pick and the pretty girl at the bar isn't going home with you because you buy her one drink and tell her she smells nice. But it's a start. It's gets the ball rolling. Negotiations occur.

And before you know it, things get real and you bag that pretty girl at the bar.

No way I would do that we know what we have with Marshall,Luck very well could be a bust (not saying he will be saying he COULD be big difference) you never know but I can tell you one thing if we do get Cowher,Gruden or Harbaugh Ill feel good with whatever qb they chose

Marshall would not be traded. You don't trade your #1 WR for a franchise QB. Like it was said in here who would he throw to??

Because yea, QBs dont make receivers. :rolleyes2:

Get ****ing real. The great QBs in this league throw to whoever. So long as the guys have some NFL talent to play WR, they can produce fine. Its all about who is throwing to them.

Andrew Luck's value is 1000x that of Brandon Marshall. We can get receivers wherever and whenever. Good luck getting a top notch QB. They dont come around often. When you get one, you contend for a bunch of years in a row.

I would trade our entire draft, Marshall, and Wake for Luck no doubt.

i'd trade marshall in a package for andrew luck...but like the thrifty spending panthers want to take on that massive salary in a deep wr draft when they can have pretty much whatever they want in trade from all the desperately needy qb teams in the league

You dont trade proven elite players in their prime for unproven rookies no matter what their potential is.

Luck is all hype to me until he can prove otherwise.

Because yea, QBs dont make receivers. :rolleyes2:

Get ****ing real. The great QBs in this league throw to whoever. So long as the guys have some NFL talent to play WR, they can produce fine. Its all about who is throwing to them.

Andrew Luck's value is 1000x that of Brandon Marshall. We can get receivers wherever and whenever. Good luck getting a top notch QB. They dont come around often. When you get one, you contend for a bunch of years in a row.

I would trade our entire draft, Marshall, and Wake for Luck no doubt.

Really?? I forgot Marino got how many rings when he was throwing to who??? Trading away picks and talent do nothing for you unless you have talent already.

we should trade anything it takes to land a franchise qb...i'm on board...wake marshall jake long...put a package together and get to andrew luck

that's how desperate i am to fix the position long term...otherwise we are never gonna compete year in and year out

Marshall would not be traded. You don't trade your #1 WR for a franchise QB. Like it was said in here who would he throw to??
That's just funny. Think about what you just said. And answer this- Who did Tom Brady (franchise QB) throw to when he won all of his super bowls? Definitely not a stud WR.

And all this is a moot point anyway. Unless a labor deal is reached before the draft players can't be traded. So there won't be any player trades during this draft. It is also a weird year because free agency will happen after the draft. And on top of all that, Luck is probably going to stay in college.

Who is franchise QB Sam Bradford throwing the football to these days?

Amendola?
Gibson?
Bajema?
That Gilyard guy everyone wanted last season?

It's MUCH easier to do with a franchise QB than a franchise WR.

Some of you wouldn't trade a franchise WR for a franchise QB? That's just silly. Who's better NE or Arizona?
It's not like you're trading Marshall for Peyton Manning. You're trading him for a POTENTIAL franchise QB. If he was a sure thing the hell yeah I'd do it, but it's not.

Some of you wouldn't trade a franchise WR for a franchise QB? That's just silly. Who's better NE or Arizona?

Last time I checked Luck still has a chance to be a bust... he has not played a snap in the NFL... NO F****** WAY WE WILL TRADE MARSHALL!!! He still puts up numbers with the henne and henning and his attitude is not that bad... I mean people can talk and say he got after henne... Well maybe because Marshall wants to win!!!

Who is franchise QB Sam Bradford throwing the football to these days?

Amendola?
Gibson?
Bajema?
That Gilyard guy everyone wanted last season?

It's MUCH easier to do with a franchise QB than a franchise WR.

Look at Brady.

He's got Edelman, Welker, Branch, and a few rookie TEs.

Dude lights it up.

Back
Top Bottom