Arrelious Benn is.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arrelious Benn is....

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
nice but what round is he projected

I've never been a fan of these 40 times. I grew up watching the GREAT Michael Irvin at the University of Miami in the 1980's. And I remember him dismissing 40 speeds as an illusion of greatness. He was abasolutely right. Irvin said it's all about who wants it more and what their 40 time is in teh fourth quarter with the game on the line after they've been running up and down the field all day with pads on. But when it comes down to it, who has a better 40 time with the game on the line in the fourth quarter. And NO ONE was better in the fourth quarter than Michael Irvin.

And? Irvin was a physical receiver. This is the NFL. Pushing off was more legal then than it is now.

point is back then a guy who lacked speed like irvin could get away with pushing off...unless your randy moss in todays game but he doesn't lack speed...

but make no mistake about it michael irvin created separation by pushing off...constantly

he was adept at pushing off...good for him

Too much emphasis is place on the 40 time. Get me some football players. Irvin was a football player. I want guys like that on this team. Guys who are emotional. Guys who care. Not guys who run blazing fast 40 times and can't play a lick of football.

Helllllllo Ted Ginn!

Too much emphasis is place on the 40 time. Get me some football players. Irvin was a football player. I want guys like that on this team. Guys who are emotional. Guys who care. Not guys who run blazing fast 40 times and can't play a lick of football.

Helllllllo Ted Ginn!

i won't argue that with you...i want football players not track stars.

andre johnson had to have run a 4.4's 40...

i want guys though who can create separation in and out of their cuts and that teams must respect as vertical threats...

Johnson ran a 4.4 but it was on the lower end. If you can play, the difference between a 4.4 and a 4.5 is completely irrelevant I think.

Johnson ran a 4.4 but it was on the lower end. If you can play, the difference between a 4.4 and a 4.5 is completely irrelevant I think.

i agree with that as well...

i was very high on hakeem nicks last year and michael crabtree despite neither having sprinter speed but they both could create separation had plus hands and weren't slow stiffs by any means...

in fact i told many people as long as hakeem nicks ran a 4.7 flat or better i didn't care what the # said he was a first round talent.

as far as crabtree him not running deterred me not one bit...they were both such good players on film and displayed such good nfl skill sets i was sold.

I think he has a chance to be a first rounder. His speed and size really shows up in that footage. He also breaks a few tackles. Hands seem to be the major question with him and he does look like a bit of a body catcher. Intriguing prospect for sure.

Dude... Andre Johnson is fast as hell. Ran 4.40 at his size. At any size that's moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZsL_Jjx_E8

I know he's fast but Andre Johnson isn't that fast on gameday. I couldn't care less either way. Like I said, I want football players. That 4.4 and 4.5 stuff can kick rocks. Micchael Irvin was fast but apparently 4.5 is slow. It's a fraction of a second.

I know he's fast but Andre Johnson isn't that fast on gameday. I couldn't care less either way. Like I said, I want football players. That 4.4 and 4.5 stuff can kick rocks. Micchael Irvin was fast but apparently 4.5 is slow. It's a fraction of a second.

Fast isn't everything at WR, but to say that fast doesn't count is ludicrous. Andre Johnson most likely wouldn't be gunning for his sencond concsecutive WR receiving yards crown if he weren't as fast as he is. He isn't fast on gameday? You have got to be kidding. The fractions of a second count big time, but they aren't the end all be all, I agree with you on that one.

Back
Top Bottom